“Awesome experience”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Chesterfield, Virginia
“Awesome experience”
Reviewed 16 March 2012

This is one of the cleanest hotels that I have stayed at in a long time. The hotel staff were exceptional and so very familar with the area. The pool, patio and beach access were all wonderful. We plan on coming back with some teenagers in April for their spring break. You will not go wrong staying here, it's well worth their price.

Room Tip: Try to get a balcony room on either the right or the left side of the building, that way you are clo...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank C L
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
My Staff and I are so very happy you enjoyed your stay with us, We try very hard to make sure everyone enjoy's their vacations with us, we strive on knowing the area and what's going on in the area so we can give our guest the best informaion possible I'm glad this worked out for you, we look forward to your return trip, if we can help in any other way please feel free to contact us at 386-255-5494. Thank you for your uplifting comments.

Thanks,

Leah Klindt
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
Littleton, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Stayed here the other day and was very impressed with the hotel & staff. We made a rez for one night as they were fully booked on day 2 of our trip. No problem with an early check-in and ample parking too. We didn't think we had a chance for a room day 2 as bike week was in full swing but Lisa kept us informed and eventually not only got us a room, but we were even able to stay in our king ocean front room we were in day 1. Every staff person we met was friendly & helpful - front desk, housekeeping, bar tenders, even the waitresses were helpful with our less than mainstream dietary needs. Free WiFi worked great - rooms had coffee maker & fridge too. Everything just exceeded our expectations - highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Not all ocean facing rooms have balconies - ask to be sure you get one
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dave b
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
I'm so happy to hear that my entire staff made your stay with us an enjoyable one that's what we aim for with every guest. I'm also happy to hear that Lisa was able to keep you in the same room for your entire stay during this busy time of the year. please come and see us again when you return to Daytona Beach. Thanks for the compliments.

Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed 13 March 2012

We were married in the gazebo out back by the ocean on Valentine's Day. They helped to make it the most beautiful event of our lives. They handled everything. The night of the wedding they made sure everything ran smoothly and all we had to do was enjoy our party. The stay in our room was very nice too. Everything was clean, plenty of parking, & easy to find for my guests. My guests all said how beautiful it was and how impressed they were.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HeidiLahey
We're so happy our Staff could be part of your special Day and make it Special and care free, for you and your guests. Thanks for the great comments we work hard to make sure every event is a special one, keep us in mind for any of your upcomming banquet needs in the future. We're happy our staff made your specail day a happy one. Congrats!!!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 March 2012

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn & Suites in Daytona Beach Florida. I was a tad concerned as for I heard some parts of the Daytona Beach area is seedy. And indeed some parts are. However, where this hotel is located the area is placid. When I first arrived at the hotel, I did have a slight problem. When I booked my reservation via phone, I wanted to make sure that I had a perfect ocean view with balcony. Upon my arrival, I had just that. The room’s view was nice. I was on the 6th floor and had a perfect view of the ocean and a nice balcony. The only problem, the room’s bathroom was not cleaned. There was urine on the toilet seat, which to say the least, was not acceptable. When I mentioned this problem to Chris, the night clerk, he was more than accommodating. He was earnestly upset that there was nothing he could do in terms of getting the bathroom sanitized and cleaned because the hotel’s cleaning staff was off( I had a late check in). Instead I moved to a lower floor (2nd) with ocean view and balcony. The only problem with that room is of course the view was not as spectacular and you could hear the noise below since the room was situated close to the lower floor and overlooked the parking lot. Nevertheless, the hotel staff was quite generous by compensating me for my disappointment in room change. Kudos to Holiday Inn for maintaining good customer relations.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room on the 6th floor so you will not hear the traffic below.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ladieshoes
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 28 January 2012

They are very strict about checking in @ 4pm. we had gone to the beach earlier that day & wanted to take a shower & a nap. tried to check in @ 1pm & told they would call us. tried @3pm even b4 we could ask the lady said not till 4 b4 we could speak. so we had a drink from the bar & took a nap by the pool. came inside @ 3:50 & saw other's getting turned away till 4pm. as it did turn to 4pm only 1 person checking in a bunch of pp is not a good idea either. so we waited to get called & nothing till 415 when we walked up there. that's when we got our coupon 4 the bar thinking we could of had it earlier while we waited. When we did get into our room it was alright bird crap all over the patio & couldn't lean on the railing b/c of it. there was a big crack in our shower & jaquzzie tub that makes u think u checked in with another hotel. The fridge was not even so every time u opened it sumthing would spill out. now since our room was in the corner it was next to the Broiler or A/C because in our bedroom u could hear a burrr noise every so often that will keep u awake if ur a lite sleeper & we couldn't really sleep the whole time. @ this time the hotel was getting a remodling so the noise didntt stop till sum time after 6:30 ( that's when we left to get dinner ). When we did wake up around 8ihs we could here the workers return by 9 & working on the building so no sleeping in here or nap after breakfest. the bill was under our door early in the morning like they need us to get out soon ? over all we wont be back. it had a jaquzzie that had more than enough hot water ( thank you ) the Breakfest is good I recomend the pork chops ! the main reason why we wont be back is the no check in till exactly 4pm or later with the other reason that was told to us was of ur room is still being cleaned. not being remodling or while u wait here is a coupon to our bar 4 a drink or 2.& that parking across the street will get ya killed during busy season !

Room Tip: Don't get room 600 jaquzzie room there A/C or Broiler is next to ur bed & go's off alot
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chuck O
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, 9 February 2012
Dear Guest, we are very sorry you had to wait for your room upon your arrival but our records show that you were checked it to room 200 at 10am. You then came to the front desk and said the room was to low. This particular day we did have alot of race people checking in to the hotel and in our defense we had just finished room renovations with all new furniture paint, draperies etc on the day of your arrival, I see where we moved you to a higher floor room 600 and told you at this time check in wouln't be until 4pm. our normal check in time is 4pm, since we are on the beach our guests tend to try and stay later than our nomal check out time. and this puts our houskeeping staff behind, I know this is not your problem and as for your room room 600.I do remember speaking with you and offering a room move that was declined by you and your husband. my front office manager Lisa also advised me that she had provided complimentary breakfast for the both of you for 2 days due to the inconvienence you experienced during your stay. We hope you try our newly renovated hotel again on your next trip back to Daytona so we can make this right. Thank kyou Leah Klindt General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Daytona Beach
0.4 km away
Best Western Daytona Inn Seabreeze
9.8 km away
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Ocea...
#2 of 31 in Daytona Beach Shores
1.5 km away
Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK