All reviews an extended stay hotel room was clean front desk free wifi stay there again speedway daytona microwave
Reviewed 11 April 2018

This hotel is so basic, you have to buy a cooking package to use the mini kitchen. The bed was hard. The parking lot full of construction vehicles. Many guys at front and rear doors smoking and drinking beer

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Brian R, Manager at WoodSpring Suites Daytona Speedway, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Thank you for sending in your review, while we sell rooms nightly we cater more toward the extended stay clientele. Offering only whats needed we are able to keep our prices very competitive.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Waited for over an hour to check in. Clerk did not know how to handle guests waiting to check in. Fighting with man about reservation he had made 3 weeks prior but not in system. Hotel was fully booked. No room for this poor person and his children. Looks good from outside because it is fairly new but needs repair. Shower curtain wrinkled and old. No coffee maker in room. NO breakfast! No manager available for complaints from several people. Best to stay somewhere else@

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank harleygirl6
Brian R, Manager at WoodSpring Suites Daytona Speedway, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

I apologize we did not exceed you expectations. Thank you for taking the time to submit your review, this give me the opportunity to improve in areas we may be lacking.

You bring up some good points and I would like to inform future travelers about them.

We are a hotel that is geared toward longer length of stays so we do not have certain amenities one may be familiar with at a typical hotel. breakfast, coffeemakers and housekeeping services is where we differ. We do not provide breakfast or coffeemakers and housekeeping is done every other week for our in house guests, every check out is cleaned as they depart.
Another important note for future travelers, when booking 3rd party websites and not directly at the hotel, Make sure you call the property and verify they received the reservation. Also make sure you have a valid credit card on file to avoid any potential issues upon arrival.

Thank you again for sending in your survey

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Sent to Daytona for work and ended up staying for five months at Woodsprings. The Hotel changed ownership and management while I was there and it went from two star service straight to FIVE STAR SERVICE. You can disregard any bad service reviews prior to December 2017. Brian and his staff took over and went out of their way to get the service right. Keep in mind that this is an EXTENDED STAY hotel model and you should be mindful of this when you are looking to book . It has plenty of amenities for the type of place that it is. Prior the the new management , I was actually locked out of the hotel twice because the desk would close from 9pm to 9am. Now they are a 24 / 7 / 365 operation and well worth a second chance if you ever had the experience of the prior ownership and management. Would recommend this place to ANY traveler looking for a nice , safe , and clean place to spend a night or even five months !!

Room tip: If you need to sleep during the day, get a room with the window facing the back parking lot.
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank hvachuck

Thank you very much for your review, it is pleasure having you as a guest.

Brian

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

My hubby and I spend just 1 night here and we were blown away. The gentleman at the front desk was so nice and kind. The room had everything you could ask for, a small kitchenette, a desk, a dresser, a closet were you could both hang and store items. The color scheme was particularly appealing to me, I found it beautiful. The room was clean beyond reproach and everything seemed new. I will stay here every time I come to Daytona, no questions asked. The only thing I would ask for is an extra blanket, the one they give you is very thin, and I was cold. My husband likes the room cold when he sleeps... Thank you.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cristina L

Thank you for your review! I've ordered some more blankets so we can have a few extra on hand for you and other guests that may need them. :)

Reviewed 22 February 2018

We stayed here for 5 nights during Daytona 500 race week. I knew this wasn't a fancy hotel but this fell way below minimum standards for a hotel. It was pretty clean and bug free but was without the basics. No tissues, no coffee maker, no blow dryer and no MAID service for 5 days! They did give one little bar of soap, two towels, two wash cloths, toilet paper and two skinny pillows. That is it! The bed was a mattress only on a metal frame platform. It was non smoking but could smell smoke through the halls. We stayed thurs to monday and were told the maid on that floor comes on Tuesday! They did give us two extra towels upon request. When you are charging $360 per night it comes with a certain responsibility. You can't charge this for this hotel. Do not stay here.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank smileatme
Brian R, General Manager at WoodSpring Suites Daytona Speedway, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2018

Hello Smileatme,

I apologize we did not meet your standards, Woodspring suites is geared more towards longer length of stay's so we do not offer the same amenities a typical hotel would. That said we are priced very competitively even for race week. While other hotels that offer the things we don't charge 500-900 per night during race week, we only charged $360 for your stay. That said we would have gladly provided more pillows, tissue, toilet paper and soap had you asked the front desk during you stay.

Management