All reviewsfront deskfree wifithe hotel stafffull kitchenone nightroom was cleanspeedwaydaytonatracknoise
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Sent to Daytona for work and ended up staying for five months at Woodsprings. The Hotel changed ownership and management while I was there and it went from two star service straight to FIVE STAR SERVICE. You can disregard any bad service reviews prior to December 2017. Brian and his staff took over and went out of their way to get the service right. Keep in mind that this is an EXTENDED STAY hotel model and you should be mindful of this when you are looking to book . It has plenty of amenities for the type of place that it is. Prior the the new management , I was actually locked out of the hotel twice because the desk would close from 9pm to 9am. Now they are a 24 / 7 / 365 operation and well worth a second chance if you ever had the experience of the prior ownership and management. Would recommend this place to ANY traveler looking for a nice , safe , and clean place to spend a night or even five months !!

Room Tip: If you need to sleep during the day, get a room with the window facing the back parking lot.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank hvachuck
Brian R, Manager at WoodSpring Suites Daytona Speedway, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Thank you very much for your review, it is pleasure having you as a guest.

Brian

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

My hubby and I spend just 1 night here and we were blown away. The gentleman at the front desk was so nice and kind. The room had everything you could ask for, a small kitchenette, a desk, a dresser, a closet were you could both hang and store items. The color scheme was particularly appealing to me, I found it beautiful. The room was clean beyond reproach and everything seemed new. I will stay here every time I come to Daytona, no questions asked. The only thing I would ask for is an extra blanket, the one they give you is very thin, and I was cold. My husband likes the room cold when he sleeps... Thank you.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cristina L

Thank you for your review! I've ordered some more blankets so we can have a few extra on hand for you and other guests that may need them. :)

Reviewed 22 February 2018

We stayed here for 5 nights during Daytona 500 race week. I knew this wasn't a fancy hotel but this fell way below minimum standards for a hotel. It was pretty clean and bug free but was without the basics. No tissues, no coffee maker, no blow dryer and no MAID service for 5 days! They did give one little bar of soap, two towels, two wash cloths, toilet paper and two skinny pillows. That is it! The bed was a mattress only on a metal frame platform. It was non smoking but could smell smoke through the halls. We stayed thurs to monday and were told the maid on that floor comes on Tuesday! They did give us two extra towels upon request. When you are charging $360 per night it comes with a certain responsibility. You can't charge this for this hotel. Do not stay here.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank smileatme
Brian R, General Manager at WoodSpring Suites Daytona Speedway, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2018

Hello Smileatme,

I apologize we did not meet your standards, Woodspring suites is geared more towards longer length of stay's so we do not offer the same amenities a typical hotel would. That said we are priced very competitively even for race week. While other hotels that offer the things we don't charge 500-900 per night during race week, we only charged $360 for your stay. That said we would have gladly provided more pillows, tissue, toilet paper and soap had you asked the front desk during you stay.

Management

Reviewed 21 February 2018

Had reservations for 2 nights , had a confirmation number and they couldn’t find me in the system. They found me a room with one bed and we needed 2 they wanted 469.00 a night. Wouldn’t take what they booked it for, No where to stay on Daytona weekend. Had to go buy a air mattress. I could go on and on. No ice machine, had to pick up towels at the desk, no air drawer.,they want you to bring your trash to the dumpster. There was another guy that had the same issue. I booked with booking.com.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family

Hello Carol,

Thank you for your review, I apologize about any confusion on your reservation. While you did provide a reservation number that number wasn't ours it was booking.com's. Additionally the reservation was in a completely different name other than the one you provided making it harder to locate. Luckily we were able to get you a room since the entire town was sold out we also charged you a lot less than the $469 per night. In regards to the trash, during the day we have trash bins on each floor while housekeeping is working where most guests put their trash so they don't have to take it to the dumpster.

Note to future travelers, when booking on a 3rd party site please call the hotel after its booked just to make sure we've received your reservation.

Management

Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

Well...we booked this hotel several months ago about 5, we booked thru Expedia for $59 a night for 3 nights. We knew we would be attending the Rolex 24 hour race at Daytona and booked early. Upon arriving at the hotel, we were informed that our room has been cancelled...due to lack of funds on the credit card....B.S.! The last 4 numbers the clerk/manager repeated back was the correct 4 numbers, but not the the correct order. They claimed they called several times to my number...showed him my phone and there was no calls from Florida! They made a mistake and realized it was a big race weekend and they needed to jack up their prices. After talking with Expedia the best price they said they could do was $159 a night. Price gouging at its finest right here! They saw we booked for $100 less and decided to try to RIP us off. No thanks...went back to Orlando and stayed in a better location and a way better hotel for less money.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
jeremydebruyne, General Manager at WoodSpring Suites Daytona Speedway, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about your experience; however, we apologize that during a major even we have to ensure that all of our reservations are guaranteed with a valid form of payment to ensure that we so not have empty rooms when people need them. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback.