3,705 results
All reviewsself parkingnorth towerdoc balesacross the streetcabana suitehyde parkconvention centerocean frontresort feeper dayvalet serviceocean walk villagebike weekspring breakdaytonaconferencebellman
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Hotel's location is awesome, close to all entertainment. Prime area for sure. It is a bit dated, not cleaned as other Hilton's, and consideration for Spring Breakers and Bike week considered, it is fine. Parking $19 - park across the street in the garage for $10.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank anderl
DaytonaHilton, General Manager at Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2012

The Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort puts guests directly on the beach with great views of the Atlantic Ocean. We are also conveniently located by some of the best shops, dining and entertainment that Daytona has to offer. It’s great that you enjoyed our convenient location, especially if you were in town on Spring Break or for Bike Week. We’d like to share that we are working to upgrade our resort and that we offer our guests self-parking for $10 and valet parking for $17. Thank you for your review and we hope you’ll come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 10 March 2012

We recently visited Hilton for our spring break vacation. Check in was very fast. When we got to our room one of the keys didn't work, so the bellman went back to the front desk and got us a new key. Well to make a long story short, the key still did not work. We had to stand outside our door and play with the key until it decided to open the door every time we left our room. Our room was pleasant and clean. The decor is dated, no flat screen tv. No wireless internet in room. The wired connection would not work, and I was given a complimentary code to use during my visit for free. The bathtub drained very, very slow. The housekeeper was suppose to send someone to look at it, but that never happen. Our view was from 10th floor. Our room was located near the side with boardwalk overlooking the pool. The noise level was a little loud, but the view wasn't too bad. We did not eat at any of the restaurants in the hotel, but did visit the bar area. Collien was wonderful and made some great drinks. The good thing about the hotel was it was near all the attractions like the boardwalk, movie theater, food and a little shopping. Beach area was average. Beach chairs and umbrellas were available for $30 a day from 9-5pm. Pool area outside was nice. Inside area very small. Overall the Hilton wasn't the "best" but it was okay. Hilton should invest in upgrading their rooms for the price customers pay to stay there.

Room Tip: South Tower Ocean Front Rooms
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

We believe everyone should experience Spring Break at The World's Most Famous Beach! We’re delighted you chose to spend your vacation at the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort and that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay. Our priority is to provide each of our guests with a stay that exceeds their expectations, so we regret if you experienced any inconvenience during your time with us. To ensure that we offer the best accommodations possible, we are working on numerous upgrades to our resort including our guest room TVs. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our updated resort for another visit.

Reviewed 4 March 2012

I stayed two evenings at the Hilton Daytona Beach this past week for business.I had an overall VG experience but have sorted everything into the good and the bad with the good first:

Good:
- Check in was efficient;
- As a Hilton Diamnd member I was upgraded to a Junior Suite on the 4th floor;
- I had no problems or issues with the suite but did have a problem with a 'neighbor' in an ajoining room or above me who was in a spat with someone - security resolved the issue quickly;
- The personnel working at the hotel all were very polite and helpful and tried to go above and beyond to provide good service. I could see a definite change since staying there in the past;
- the hotel has several restaurants from which to choose both within the hotel and within walking distance;
- Hyde Place Steak House within the hotel serves great food and has an awesome happy hour 4:30-6:30 with $5 small plates and martinis.

Bad:
- I was on the 4th floor - if you are a single travelor, please be warned that there are no hallway lights as pictured except for the lights above the doorways. While this is not an issue during the daytime, it is an issue at night;
- Legends restaurant is not up to Hilton standards. The Cobb salad is served in a basket with pressed chicken, no bacon and no avocado. It is not a 'true' Cobb;
- Valet parking is $19. Hilton parking is down the block and across the street for $12 plus tax.

If I am in the area again, I would stay at this hotel but would request specifically to not be placed onthe 4th floor. In additno, Hilton encourages eCheck in and when I tried it there was a room available on the 11th floor but the computer would not allow me to check in. This is the first time this has happened to me as generally I check in the day before arriving.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank MarleneU

We are glad that there were so many positive aspects of your stay at the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort. Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse offers great food with beautiful panoramic views of the Atlantic and is a wonderful place to enjoy a drink at happy hour or a sit down meal. Next time, we hope you'll check out the live music and ocean views at The Pelican Bar, our outdoor bar and grill. Thank you for your comments regarding your accommodations. Our staff is happy to ensure our guests enjoy an exemplary stay, so we regret that we were not aware of your concerns, as we would have gladly resolved any issues that came up. Thank you for your comments. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to our resort for a stay in the near future.

Reviewed 27 February 2012

I stayed here for a conference in January. This is an older property that is pretty well-maintained. I saw nothing that made me uneasy. The rooms are basic and functional. The staff were very friendly. I enjoyed using the sandwich shop... it came in really handy for later-night hunger pangs. My only real beef was the internet. It was slow as molasses for the bulk of my stay, then crapped out altogether on the last night... not just in my room, but across the entire property. Staff said they had someone working on it, and that it should be fixed "soon". From evening to the following morning, "soon" never came. As a business traveller who values being connected, this is a real negative for me. I would not stay here again for business. However, I could see myself staying here for pleasure.

Room Tip: Try to get a beach view.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank MisterBungle

Thank you for your review of the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort. The Atlantic Deli has some delicious sandwiches and pastries for our guests on the go and we're glad the later hours were a convenience during your stay. We appreciate your feedback regarding the Internet service and regret any inconvenience you may have experienced. We are thankful for your patience as we worked to resolve any issues and regret that they could not have been rectified sooner. We strive to provide resort accommodations for business travelers and those traveling for pleasure, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for another stay with us regardless of the reason.

Reviewed 27 February 2012

I stayed here during Daytona 500 weekend. I expected it to be more modern than it is. The lobby and entrance are very nice and impressive, and the back patio is great. The rooms, however, are a different story. The worn and buckling carpet in the hallways was the first clue. Upon entering the room, I found it clean but in terrible need of modernizing. There is no wireless Internet in the room, no minibar, and no safe. Come on, Hilton! Really!! It's time to invest some of your profits back into your properties. The location is great, but I would look for a newer or more modern place to stay if possible.

Room Tip: Ask if any have been updated recently.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

The Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort enjoys welcoming Daytona 500 fans. Thank you for choosing our resort during your visit to the Daytona International Speedway. The comfort of our guests during their stay is our top priority, and to ensure that we offer the best accommodations possible we are currently working on numerous updates to our guest rooms and other areas. We appreciate your feedback and want to let you know that complimentary Wi-Fi is available to our guests in the North and South Tower lobbies. We hope to welcome you back to our updated resort for a future stay with us.