“Fantastical tour with a terrific guide...I heart manatees!! You better do this!”

Manatees In Paradise
Ranked #3 of 53 Tours in Crystal River
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: FREE U/W VIDEO of your adventure -No Walk-ins Accepted, small boat tours. We no longer offer tours from May-October due to overcrowding of larger tour companies and low manatee numbers. Reservations and confirmations by email only. We are a tiny, educational and fun tour company owned and operated ONLY by the owners/captains. We give each tour the "personal and educational" attention you want and allow the manatees to feel comfortable while we explore their world. We are proud to be a "NO TOUCH the wild manatees" tour company. Anyone encouraging touching/rubbing/petting manatees even after they initiate an interaction, is not promoting good stewardship towards wild manatees. Befriending wild manatees reduces their chance for survival as you habituate them towards boats and people. Keep wildlife wild.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 6 July 2012

So I might not be dying of any Incurable life threatening disease, but if I was, and if I had one last dying wish, it would be to hug and kiss a manatee.....my make a wish foundation wish came true when my boyfriend Kyle (who is A-maZing) took me to crystal river on a manatee expedition...which I might add is over an hour away from Kissimmee Florida where we stayed for a Disney vaca. Not only did I get to see my baby and momma manatees, but I swam with them (snorkeled) and pet them....even whispered underwater to them how much I love them....it was fantastical..... Shout out to our very knowledgeable and super generous guide Stacy. The tour price was very reasonable ($50.00) per person...includes snorkel, wetsuits and Stacy took numerous pix of me and Kyle w/ the manatees and emailed them to us the same day. The tour was completely private and Stacy took us to 3 sister springs, showed us the sights and hooked us up w/ impt. Info... It was all really fun and really cool....this is coming from a girl who isn't easily satisfied (kyle can vouch for that!). We will Absolutely be back in winter when the manatees runeth over !!!,!,!,

Reviewed 3 July 2012

We went out with Capt Stacy the day after Tropical Storm Debby blew through Crystal Springs. Despite the high waters and the the wrong time of year in general to see manatees, we had an amazing experience. Capt Stacy was so friendly and knowledgeable, it was fascinating to hear her stories of the wildlife in the area. She is really determined for all of her guests to have a great experience meeting these gentle giants, but also for the manatees to be respected in what is after all, their environment. My 10 year old daughter was a bit nervous at first in the water so close to these giant creatures, but Capt Stacy talked her down, and we were all able to have the incredible experience of meeting a baby manatee eye-to-eye! We had a few encounters with different groups of manatees- Capt Stacy was in touch with fellow operators sharing info about locations- and we even saw a group of dolphins feeding as one of the other reviewers mentioned. She even sent tons of great photos for free so we can all remember our fun day. Incredible- the experience was even more meaningful than I had hoped for! I spent a lot of time reading reviews and contacting different tour operators in the area, and settled on Manatees in Paradise because they seemed to be an outfit that really cared about the animals primarily. We were not disappointed, and if our travels bring us back to central Florida we would love to go out with Capt Stacy again.

Reviewed 2 July 2012

I can recommend this trip with absolute confidence that Capt Stacey will do everything she can to get you up close to Manatees.
Our family of 5 aged from 7 years to 57 years have varying degrees of confidence in the water, but Capt. Stacey was very patient and we all got to see several Manatees. We spent time around Crystal River where we encountered both adult and baby Manatees, they were swimming around us but it was difficult to see them unti they were directly underneath as the water was quite murky, however Capt. Stacey guided us with great expertise and enthusiasm till we got close enough to touch them, amazing, we felt so priviledged.
We then went to the springs where the water was very clear and we were thrilled and lucky to see a Manatee as they are not usually in the springs in the summer months. Capt Stacey spent a lot of time with us in the springs to allow us to have a fantastic experience with the Manatee, even though we had already been out on the trip for about 3 hours.
She was friendly yet professional throughout, instilling confidence and showing absolute respect for the wildlife and environment. An extremely pleasurable experience from start to finish, Capt. Stacey was very welcoming and put us at ease, giving a clear explanation of do's and don'ts and imparting lots of interesting information about the area and of course her beloved Manatees.
And then of course the fabulous photo's that she e mailed to provide us with lasting memories of a very special experience.

Reviewed 2 July 2012

Prior reviews are spot on, Capt Stacy's tour is awesome. We had an amazing day after Tropical Storm Debby finally passed. Although she has a disclaimer about the water clarity this time of year, the lack of clarity really doesn't diminish from the interaction with the manatees. The tour is more than seeing the manatees, it is an afternoon to live like a local, thanks to Capt Stacy!

Reviewed 25 June 2012

We just want to thank both Capt. Stacy and Capt. Mike for the wonderful tour and sighting of the manatees. Our 13 year old grandson came to Fl to vist us and we wanted to give him something special to remember.
A friend suggested swimming with the manatees.
I contacted several Captains and was so impressed with Capt. Stacy's honesty and enthusiasim that we booked with her.
We took our trip today, June 25, and are more than pleased!
Our grandson did get to swim with 2 manatees and hasn't stopped talking about it. Even if he hadn't got to swim with the manatees, it still would have been a wonderful trip.
We appreciate the knowledge that they shared as well as the time spent with our grandson.
We hope to do this again with the Captains Dunn!

1  Thank quitfamily