“River Ventures”

River Ventures Manatee Tour Center
Ranked #4 of 59 Tours in Crystal River
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: River Ventures is a full service Tour center located in beautiful Crystal River, Florida. We offer many tour options to share all that the Nature Coast has to show you and we emphasize education about these Eco-systems!We have a passion for what we do, and it shows! Our Endangered Encounter manatee tours are our specialty, but we have so much more to offer! Air boat tours,VIP customized packages,Stand Up Paddle Boards, Scallop charters, sunset cruises, private charters, guided paddle tours on multiple rivers....we have much more to offer than you would expect!Spend the day or spend the week and River Ventures will introduce you to 'More than Manatee'!! Tours to snorkel with the manatees in their natural habitat are conducted daily, year round (reservations in advance are highly suggested). Our highly experienced in-water guides will escort you into the refuge to find the endangered manatee for viewing and up close encounters. River Ventures offers daily group trips of up to 12, and also offers private trips for both large and small groups including VIP and houseboat tours.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My husband, our 7 1/2 year old daughter, and myself went on a little get away to swim with the manatees over spring break. We knew we weren’t 100% on the sighting, but tour guide and captain Crystal and John T. watched meticulously until they spotted a happily grazing “little” lady. We were with this manatee for about an hour. Crystal and John T. were both accompanying and kind and very informative. We were also take Up stream to Three Sisters Springs where we relished in the beauty of a clear water spring. Much to our surprise, our guide Crystal snapped about 60 High resolution photos of our trip and family in our natural state that came out beautifully.... we purchased the digital copies for $37.95! We can not wait to come back during the winter to hang with these folks, and of course the manatees, next time!

All reviews
in 34 reviews
"winter months"
in 52 reviews

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were on a Swim with the Manatees tour at 6:44am with JJ and Mariah. This was a lifelong dream for me and they helped make the experience wonderful and unforgettable!!!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Excellent, saw manatees, tarpon, lots of fish. Great Captain and Guide. People at the center were friendly and great. Great learning experience.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed 4 April 2018

My 12-year old and I loved our manatee tour during spring break with River Ventures. I was a bit nervous because it was the end of the season and I was worried that we wouldn't see much. However, our guide Heidi and our captain Troy did a great job ensuring that we had an excellent experience. We saw a dozen or so manatees and Heidi was a wonderful guide taking underwater photos of us with the manatees. I also was very impressed with how organized and efficient River Ventures was. Although it was extremely busy due to spring break, their staff handled the crowds with professionalism. They had a very good system for getting everyone organized and out on their tours in a timely way. I definitely recommend the first tour of the morning, especially during spring break, because it does get very busy out in the springs and the manatees are on the move first thing in the morning. The best recommendation is that my son wants to go back again over winter break!

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

My 7 year old daughter and I went out with these guys today and had a great trip. The staff was welcoming, knowledgeable, and very enthusiastic. We were the first boat on the bay and inn just a few minutes, found a very friendly manatee. Our guide did a great job making sure everyone got plenty of time to see him up close. She took over 100 pictures during the trip and we were able to purchase those for a very reasonable price later to preserve our memories. Our guides didn't know it, but I work as a Florida Fish and Wildlife Officer. I gotta say, I was really impressed with our guide's and our captain's professionalism and respect for the regulations for boating around and interacting with the manatees. Great job! We'll be back for sure!

1  Thank David B