“Absolutely excellent”

Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Vaudreuil-Dorion, Quebec
“Absolutely excellent”
Reviewed 26 April 2012

We stayed at this Doubletree for 23 days and it was the best vacation we have ever had in Florida. Obviously many factors kick in that will determine the success of a vacation but the most important aspect of any vacation is the chosen hotel and location. I have never met a nicer, friendlier and competent front desk staff as we did at the Doubletree in Cocoa Beach. I could not give them a higher mark of excellence right throughout our stay. After 18 months of serious family illness, we could not have chosen a better hotel. We plan to return next year. To Nichole Kaminski, the Front Office Manager, we appreciate you. Thank you.

Room Tip: We preferred the south side because of the sun exposure and the ocean views were a little better.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wayne804
cgalzerano, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Dear Wayne804,

First, thank you for staying with us during your extended stay! I am so happy to hear you had such a great stay. I am very proud of our Front Desk team and I will make sure they see your great compliments. We look forward to seeing you next year.

Christy Galzerano
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I am from the area, however, I planned to spend one night at the Doubletree so my mother & I could be on the beach by 7am to bid farewell to the Space Shuttle Discovery. We checked in and the front desk agent was welcoming and was thorough in explaining when the concierge opened, etc. We went to enjoy a couple beverages in the lounge and were delighted to meet the attendant who was extremely hospitable & perfect for that job. We were very excited about seeing the shuttle and found ourselves talking to everyone about it. We spent the rest of the evening in our room and ordered room service. The server met me with a smile at the door and presented our order to us..it was very good pizza indeed. The next morning we raced down to the beach & were met by several of our new acquaintences on the beach. After the shuttle headed North we went in to enjoy the breakfast buffet. The servers and everyone working seemed to enjoy being part of the excitement as well. Thank you to everyone for your kindness...we will be back!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Colleen B
Dear Colleen B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to compliment our hotel. It always makes me smile when guests compliment the staff in so many different departments. I will definitely let them know they are doing a great job. The farewell to Shuttle Discovery was both amazing and sad, but how great you got to see it. We look forward to your next visit!

Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Reviewed 24 April 2012

On the Positive side - This hotel has a very good location. It's right on the beach. The pool is small but was never overcrowded while we were there. The front desk staff recommended some good restaurants while we were there.

I'm giving this a low rating due entirely to complete unprofessionalism from the General Manager as well as the owner of the hotel. We stayed here for a few days after a cruise. I was at the airport a few hours after checking when I noticed a $900 charge on my credit card. I called the property the next morning and asked what it was about and was told by the accounting department that the General Manager was handling that and would call me. After not receiving a call from them, I called back AGAIN and asked if I could speak to them. I was told no but was told I'd get a call shortly??? I eventually received a call from someone in accounting who said that I was being charged $975 because of a urine smell on a mattress. Since I knew for a fact that my kids didn't ruin a mattress, I told them I believe it's a mistake and I wanted the charge reversed. I was told the General Manager would contact me. Of course, General Manager never contacted me. So...I sent an email explaining that the charges should be reversed and asked for, at a minimum, an itemization of what made up the $900. Of course, I never received a response. The next day, an additional $975 was charged to me...So, at this point, my 2 nights had cost me $1,875.00. I called and got in touch with the accounting department...who said it had to be a mistake and that he'd figure it out. He did figure it out and reversed the original $900. At that time, I again asked if the General Manager was going to call me about the remaining charge and was assured that they would. After waiting a week for any contact from the General Manager...I decided to look up who owns the hotel. It's owned by a private company called Southern Hospitality. I found the owner of that company and his email address and sent him an email explaining that I had been charged a lot of money with very little explanation and asked if HE could help get me some answers...It's now been 2 weeks and I've received no response from anyone.
I travel a lot for work and have been making a point to ask hotel managers if they would charge for a mattress if a child had a bedwetting incident in their hotel and the two hotels that I've stayed at this month(one of which is a nother doubletree) both thought it sounded rediculous...It's a shame that this property has decided to make this their practice. It definately put a damper on the end of what was a nice family vacation.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank klewis718
Dear klewis718,

First, thank you for your positive comments about our Doubletree Oceanfront Hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to do that, even though you are unhappy overall.

Regarding the charges for damage to the hotel, I was under the assumption it had been explained and itemized to you and that this was resolved. I'm sorry that is not the case and would be happy to speak with you any time. My direct line is 321-868-1367.

We did only charge you the $975. The additional $900 you saw was just an authorization, not a charge. We attempted to clean the mattress but due to the saturation, we could not, in good conscience, let another guest sleep on it. We have replaced it, in addition to the damaged ottoman and desk chair. Our furniture is brand new so we had no choice but to replace the items.

I have also sent the itemized billing to your gmail account.

Once again, I apologize you did not receive the responses you expected in a timely manner. We pride ourselves in communicating well with all of our guests and I'm sorry that didn't happen in your case. I look forward to speaking with you.

raleigh
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This hotel surpassed my expectations. The front desk staff was awesome for taking note that it was our honeymoon and upgraded our room. The room was phenomenal, as I am sure they all are. Our room was very clean, and had the softest bed ever! The complimentary cocktail hour with hostest Cathy was great! She is a great asset to the double tree! Every part about the hotel and staff was great! Food, fresh beach towels, clean comfortable room and the location! Thanks for making our honeymoon in cocoa beach a great one! We will be back!

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank outtertowner
minneapolis
Reviewed 22 April 2012

This is the best choice for a pre-cruise stay! Due to recent renovations, the rooms and lobby area are like new and very clean. It's also right on the beach, unlike most of the other hotels in the area. The staff was great as well. They recommended a perfect restaurant and were very helpful in getting us taxis. Our only complaint would be the lack of beverage service while at the beach or pool. You can go into the bar/restaurant to get something, but it's not that convenient when you are at the beach. There are really no super high-end hotels in Cocoa Beach/Port Canaveral, so for the area, I would definitely recommend the Doubletree. It exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family