“Clean rooms, very friendly staff, but noisy”

La Quinta Inn Cocoa Beach
Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Pennsylvania
“Clean rooms, very friendly staff, but noisy”
Reviewed 25 April 2012

First, the staff really is great here as other reviewers have noted. The gentleman who checked me in was funny, down-to-earth and very helpful, and the other staff I noticed during our stay seemed nice as well although I didn't speak with anyone else.

Second, my mom and I stayed here on a Friday night before we left on our cruise the next morning. The bar traffic definitely overflowed into the patio area and even some of the guests were shouting and laughing very loudly outside of their rooms. Be aware of this and if you're okay with that, then you'll be fine. I think getting a room on the outside areas will help minimize your exposure, but I still don't think it'll be a very quiet location all in all as long as the bar is full.

The rooms were clean and cozy. They only provided soap and shampoo containing tea tree extracts, which irritates my skin, but I brought my own toiletries so I was fine. However, I wanted to note that in case anyone else has the same sensitivity.

The cruise parking package was a good value. We were able to leave our car there while we cruised and use the shuttle service to get to the port and back. The shuttle trip was a bit longer than we expected, about 15 - 20 minutes, but the shuttle drivers were friendly and capable. The biggest hassle (if you even want to call it that) was moving the car to the designated spots in the parking lot the morning we left for our cruise. The front desk wants you to park in a specific area and we were told that other cruisers who were returning would be moving their cars by about 9:30/10am that Saturday morning and that would open up spaces for the new cruisers to park. There were several people waiting to move their cars and it took some time for us to find a space. Again, it wasn't *really* a hassle, but it's something you should be aware of ahead of time so you can plan appropriately.

The last thing I want to note is that my mom and I noticed teenage boys riding bikes, skateboards and scooters in the alley behind the hotel and we weren't overjoyed about that. They seemed to come from the residential area behind the hotel, and I just wasn't 100% positive I could trust teenage boys to be respectful of other peoples' cars and property at the hotel. I didn't say anything to management and I'm not aware if there is any history of problems there or not, but thought I should mention it.

Room Tip: If you want to avoid noise from the bar, ask for a room located in the outside wings, but be aware t...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank zookate
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I can't say enought about this hotel. First of all I think it's owned by a family. I was greeted with a huge smile from the daughter at the front deak, who was down to earth, no attitude, friendly, helpfull and as accomadating as she could be for almost everything. willing to let us check in a little early, hang out by the pool, abd bar, until we could check in, let us change in the lobby bathroom. Just awesome!!!!!!!
The first day i was there, they had Chambersof Commerce party by the pool. It was very nice. They told us we could stay and mingle, even gave us a drink ticket, for a couple drinks. The maintainance staff by the pool were super cool, laid back, helpful, didn't rush us when the pool was closed, which was maybe around 10. There were many families there, with kids, people were discretely drinking by the pool. No pervs, or drunks acting crazy. they had a little band playing and everything.
he morning breakfast was great. Very light, yet hardy, and even healthy breakfast options, great to start your day with energy. The room I was in was very clean, great cable. spacious. the bathroom was a little small, but I'm 6'5' and it worked.
I really like it here, and wil be staying there a couple more times this summer as I practice my new found love...surfing. The beach is literally a 2- minute walk across the street. I would advice walking kids across the street as the street is pretty busy. But there is a proper lights, and cross section to cross.
Oh, and they have a great little Asian restaraunt and bar on the premises. I didn't eat at the Asian spot, but the bar was great. Good drink specials and a non-tacky, annoying bar tender. I was able to hang out there, have a few drinks and even hang out with the Mom, of the family and the son, who were super cool.
I liked this place alot.!

Room Tip: My room didn't have a great view, but it was still very nice, and clean.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank jahluva2000
Beckley, West Virginia
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We recently took a large group of 10 and stayed here prior to departing for our cruise. It was definately worth the money. We strongly suggest their cruise and park program. You can leave your vehicle there and they will shuttle you to the cruise ports. Definately would stay again.

Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Snoopy1029
Wiener Neustadt
Reviewed 18 April 2012

it was my/our first stay in the us, and in a la quinta actually in a motel...

for that money it was really good, we`ve checked out the days inn as well, same price but i would mean a little less comfort.
its nothing fancy, but in the price included is: parking lot, wireless internet, breakfast, use of a nice pool.
the rooms are clean, and everything needed is provided: fridge, microwave, tv. fresh towells, hot iron, ac. - due to my job im used to stay in really good hotels 4-5 stars, but still i felt quite comfortible in that motel. everything there what was needed and it was clean and hygenic.

the only thing what was not of use for me/us was the breakfast.
i would say, ok there is a breakfast, but at its minimum.
plasticspoons and forks, butter, sandwich, orange juice, bad tasting coffee.

i dont think that it is possible to get anything better in that area for that price, but it is not luxury.

if i would look again for a motel in that pricerange i would not suruch for any other than this la quinta.

remark: a small little bar is attached which was very nice, and the beach is about 5 walking minutes away.

the lady at the front desk was very friendly which makes a stay more nice from the first step in

best regards