“Good hotel, good beach access”

Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral
Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Reviewed 1 August 2012

As with all Hampton Inns this one is great. Good access to a great beach and a quick walk back to a heated pool. All rooms have a sea view and balcony and although slightly more expensive than other Hampton Inns it is well worth it. With my wife and son we spent a great 5 nights here and would gladly come again.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank stu10100
opa3425, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2012

Dear Stuartwestley:

It is really nice to hear that you, your wife and son had a great vacation with us. I am so happy that you enjoyed the walkway to the beach and the heated pool. All of our balconies have a view but the higher floors have a great view of the ocean and from the outdoor walkway a great view of the Banana River.

We hope you come back and enjoy.

Tom Williamson

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 30 July 2012

we stayed 3 nights in this hotel. We visited the Kennedy Space center from here. it was just 20 minutes drive from here.

The beach (100 yards) is perfect and very quit.

Hotel staff was very friendly.

nice pool area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Erik H

Dear Erik H:

We are so happy that you and your family enjoyed your vacation with us here at the Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach. The Kennedy Space Center is just a short distance from here and makes a really nice outing. I am glad you were able to enjoy the beach and the pool also. Thank you for the kind comments about our staff being very friendly.

Thank you for the great review. I hope you come back soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2012

I am a Hilton Honors member so in looking at Cocoa Beach for smoking rooms this Hampton Inn was my choice. I love Hampton's and have stayed in many. I can only compare this Hampton to others.

GOOD: Price was reasonable. Chose a King room with sofa bed and balcony for $139. The room was spacious. Didn't really need the couch but I wanted the space. Because I am a smoker I was delegated to a 4th floor room which I can see the ocean if I look really hard. Anything above me would have a great view. The pool is nice with a shower available to get sand off. Lots of towels available poolside. Wonderful breakfast area and decent choices. Great Hilton bedding and towels! Room is basically clean (but read further). Huge two-person-friendly bathroom (i.e. double sinks).

OK, BUT...WELL: Balcony is nice, but does the back of the A/C unit really need to blow it's 150 degree exhaust out there? Coffee maker? Yes. A nice 4 cup brewer? No. A teeny-weenie 1 cup generic brand instant/pod thing. Not the nice ones, just a tea-bag looking thing and a one cup hot water brewer. Plenty of coffee in the lobby though. I always wanted to run down there in my bra and panties to grab a cup of coffee to show why they need proper room brewers. Direct TV is living up to its bad name. Poor reception the first two nights, lost channels and trouble with landing on a station

DISAPPOINTED: A room update is in order, but I suppose if they do that it would be a full non-smoking hotel. The carpet is oldish. The cups are paper and plastic. Used my sanitizing wipes to take care of dirty door handles, locks, light switches and surrounding door/plate. Pretty amazing at what was visibly removed. Sanitizing has to be in the forefront of housekeepers minds.
Also, no wonder tourists go back and say how humid it is in Florida! Because of the outdoor hallway leading to the rooms and the lack of weather stripping on the room door there is a huge gap under and around 3/4 of the perimeter of the door. Could see lights around it at night when dark in my room. I couldn't get over what a great amount of heat came through that closed door! The A/C basically runs all the time because it just can't keep up. The entire room is humid. I live in FL and my home is not damp and humid. Additionally, I was afraid lizard friends might get in. Funny, when I asked the lady upon check-out why my bill wasn't slid under my door for quicker check-out, she said they couldn't because of the weather stripping! Ha! It would have fit in the door gap just fine!

TIPS: If you use the cruise only guests as your guide in reviews you'll be misled if you are staying a few days or more. This Hampton got it's excellent rating (4.5 stars) due to the abundance of cruise guests who stay one night and breakfast. While I am sure they DO have a great cruise guest offer don't let that be your judge and jury. The walk to the beach is rather long after 3 or 4 times a day carrying a beach chair and a bag for several days. There are no restrooms on the beach, so when there for the day you'll need to return to the hotel a few times. Regardless of what anyone tells you, the following is NOT within comfortable strolling distance: 7-11, Dairy Queen, Ron Jon's or the Pier. The hotel sits on a 4 lane road with a center turning lane with heavy traffic going 45 mph. There is no pedestrian friendly crosswalks or traffic lights nearby. 7-11 is across this busy street. Not me! The only place I would recommend walking to is next door to the Courtyard Hotel. There is an overpriced Bistro restauranty thing Hampton guests may use as well as their pool. Oh and speaking of their pool- there is nothing SPECIAL about their pool as other reviewers make one think. It's a pool with tons of trees/foliage so only 3/4 of the pool deck gets sun. It does have a Jacuzzi spa. Also the pool chairs are more comfortable, but I stayed put at the Hampton pool to get a tan. Jazzyz Mainely Lobster is the best tasting food I had while there. Search Google and Tripadvisor for it. If you go into Merritt Island (about 6 miles away) there are some upper end chain restaurants- Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Longhorn etc. Buy your drink of choice at ABC liquor down the street. The hotel wine/beer is expensive. There are little to no shells however the beach is clean.

Room Tip: Smoking rooms are 4th floor only. Best views are from floors 5-8. I was in 418 and still had a view...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo

Dear Buckeye460:

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. You are correct, our best views are floors 5 thru 8. Our balconies are quite popular because of the beautiful views. Nice that you enjoyed the mineral pool, the abundance of pool towels and the shower to wash off the sand. Our breakfast is more generous than most and we usually get rave reviews.

I will address the issues with light switch plates, door handles, etc. with our executive housekeeper.

We are exactly 1/4 mile to route 520, the intersection after Ron Jons, there are several restaurants and shopping between our hotel and route 520. There are stop lights along the way going north for easy crossing.

The mineral pool at the Hampton Inn is heated to 80 degrees and has sunshine around it all day. However, our sister property, the Courtyard by Marriott, has shaded shaded areas and they also have a hot tub for those who enjoy soaking.

Hope you come back and enjoy both properties again.

Reviewed 28 July 2012 via mobile

Checked in, went to room to drop luggage, found a big wet towel still hanging on the shower curtain rod. Reported it to front desk when I left, said "the maid can pick up the wet towel when she brings me more towels for the room."

Maid picked up towel, never brought more towels.

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear DCHinckley:

I apologize for the inconvenience you suffered during your stay by not getting towels from the housekeeper. I will address this with our Executive Housekeeper.

You must have enjoyed the rest of your stay with the score being 4 stars. Thank you for bring this to my attention.

I hope that you will return and give us a chance to give you better service.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

My family always stays at Hampton hotels when we travel so I was surprised when we visited this one and didn't have the same positive experience we usually do. I had read the reviews on here and used this to help sway my choice from the Hilton which I was considering. Basically my issue with this hotel was the lack of housekeeping - our room was not vacuumed until the final day of a three-day stay so we were walking around on various crumbs and such on the carpet. The toilet didn't always flush in the bathroom and one of our two sinks didn't drain properly. The room seemed dated and not at all what we usually see at a Hampton Inn. On the plus side we stayed on the top floor with a beautiful view of the ocean which was nice for our children who have never seen the ocean before. The location is pretty good with a short walk to the beach and parking is plentiful. I found the noise from the neighbouring hotel's pool very loud and a bit annoying. Also, this hotel is VERY busy as lots of teams and large groups stay here (at least when we were there) which means long lines for breakfast in the morning and no place to sit. The staff were very helpful though and recommended some fantastic places to eat - FishLips was our favourite place to eat dinner and if you are looking for a family friendly seafood restaurant that is the place to go. Not sure if we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to get on one of the higher floors for the best view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank OntarioMomoftwo

Dear OntarioMomofftwo:

I apologize for your not have the quality experience you expected. There would not have been any service (unless you call for something special) on the first day or on the checkout day, but you should have had service on the second day of your stay. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I am very happy you enjoyed your balcony and the beautiful view from the 8th floor. It is quite nice that you and your children were able to sit on the balcony and look at the ocean since they had never seen it before. We do have our own landscaped walk to the beach.

I hope you will return and give us an opportunity make a better impression. Thank you for taking the time to write and share your thoughts.