“Great place...just a few adjustments needs to be made.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ocean Landings Resort and Racquet Club

Ocean Landings Resort and Racquet Club
Ranked #21 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Liberty, Missouri
“Great place...just a few adjustments needs to be made.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012

This place was a nice place to stay.....clean rooms, comfortable beds, plenty of laundry places, and quiet. We ate lunch at the pool which was below average. The food was okay, but the side totaled 5 chips and the sweet tea was awful. I usually can choke anything down, but the tea had to be thrown in the bushes. The website should mention the beach rentals are only during the week and not on weekends and that they are only from 10-4. We debated on brining our own chairs and umbrella, but chose not to because of the rentals. If I known they were only certain days and time, I would have brought my own. Overall, I would recommend the stay. I would stay here again, but bring my own beach gear and not eat lunch at the pool.

Room Tip: If you would like an ocean view, ask for an upgrade.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Cathy1968
OLRmanagement, Manager at Ocean Landings Resort and Racquet Club, responded to this review, 6 June 2012
Dear Cathy1968,
Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us. We will use it to improve our services and amenities throughout our property. We will also review our website to ensure information about our amenities is available to all of our current and future guests. We are sorry that you were less than satisfied with your pool bar experience. We will pass this information along to the vendor and hope that you will give them another opportunity to serve you in the future. We look forward to your next stay with us!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Finnish first
Nashville, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

I stayed in C building which is ocean front 1 bedroom. The staff is nice, the room is clean, the bed was comfortable. I stay here every year and always enjoy my stay.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank toots1155
Dear Toots1155,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear that you choose to continue to visit us year after year and we are able to provide you with an enjoyable vacation experience on all levels as that is our ultimate goal. We look forward to your next visit!
Port Saint Lucie, Florida, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

My problem with this hotel is that a week (5/04/2012) ago, I checked in with my wife and they would not honor the $69/n rate even though the rate we wound up with was $79. Yes, I understand about the surcharge on the weekend, but the surcharge IS spelled out in the ad. The person at the desk wanted to charge us $109 a night, then rolled it back to $79 as I was exiting. After a long ride, the bait and switch did not set well. So I agreed to 2 nights at $79/ night AND told her that I wanted to charge the total upfront to my DEBIT card. On the way back with my card, she told me that they HAD to run it as a credit card AND they put an extra $50 hold on my account. Where do they get the right to do something like this and then tell you afterward. MAYBE because they saw that I was disabled and figured I was stupid, too! I was furious! When we checked out, I was informed that the $176 charge would change to the actual charge ($175 and change) and the $50 would drop off, probably Monday. Well the $176 did change to $175 and change BUT it is now a week later, and the $50 hold fee is STILL on my account. It would seem that the accountant was miffed at my complaint and wanted to show me that they were in charge. If the $176 changed to the actual cost several days ago, she must have NOT instructed the bank to take the $50 off. The room was great, but would YOU trust these people with your bank account?

Room Tip: PAY CASH!!! The only thing they can demand is a picture ID!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank John S
OLRmanagement, Manager at Ocean Landings Resort and Racquet Club, responded to this review, 13 May 2012
Dear John,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. We apologize that we were not able to accommodate the $69.00 rate during the weekend. Although this Travel Saver coupon provides for great savings, we are only able to honor it Sunday-Thursday on a “walk-in” basis, which the coupon states. The rate for a standard room during this time of year is $109.00 plus tax. The $50.00 deposit is a refundable deposit, which is required upon check in. This deposit covers all room incidentals and provides you with the ability to make charges to your room account. We do release the deposit at the time of checkout if no incidentals have occurred, however, it does take your financial institution anywhere between 24 hours and 10 business days depending on your bank. We make every effort to clearly inform each guest of this at the time of check in. Please feel free to contact us if you feel that this matter has not been resolved with your bank so we can contact them on your behalf. We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to provide you with an exceptional vacation experience.
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed in the D building, 5th floor. Great view! The room was great. Comfy bed and super soft pillows. Even the couch was comfy enough to kick back and watch a movie. Would definately love to come back.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank JWSweetPea
Dearborn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

We rented through a friend who sold us his floating week back in March 2010. We stayed in building D, 4th floor, unit 16. This review is a little late but hopefully will shed some good light on this resort. We has a wonderful stay! Ocean front was a MUST for me, and I got it in this building. It is important to know that Ocean Landings has different sections to stay. You want C and D if you want Ocean Front, as all of these units have it. Being on the 4th floor was incredible and perfect. For me, being in Florida is all about being around the water and enjoying the view. The unit was a bit dated, but I could have cared less! The beds were comfortable, I felt the unit was clean, and hte kitchen suited us just fine. We dont care about fancy, we got what we wanted. Cocoa Beach is a great town, with the pier just down the street from the resort. We went there often, my hubby loves the bread pudding at the pier restaurant, and you can view the ocean from the tables closest to the windows.
We are HOPING to rent again at this resort in March.

Room Tip: Obviously the higher you are the better the view. I would shoot for the third floor and up.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family