“Just perfect”

Beach Place Guesthouses
Seattle, WA
“Just perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

I stayed here with my 4yo daughter for the last shuttle launch in Feb 2011. After 12 hours of travelling, we showed up at 11pm and were shown to our room. My daughter started talking about how hungry she was and we decided that we would eat the rest of our snacks then head out in the morning for food. Not 10 minutes later, our host brought us a basket of food - a wonderful welcome for a hungry Mom and kid!

Their hospitality continued throughout the trip. When Joseph & Hernando learned we were heading out to the launch, they made sure we were equipped with a cooler and blanket (which made the 10 hour wait so much more comfortable). They invited us to join the snowbirds for a pizza party and we had a blast! Even the other guests were welcoming!

Our room was comfortable and steps away from the beach. They had so much beach gear that we never had to worry about bringing anything with us - we just borrowed something for the day.

A year later, my daughter still talks about this trip!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank amjj32
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
West Palm Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2012

My family (myself, my wife, and our 7 year old son) visited the Beach Place Guesthouses over Thanksgiving of 2011 for three days. Before booking, I emailed them with questions about availability and rates. They replied quickly and answered all my inquires. I expected a funky/quirky/unique property that was laid back allowing guests to be independent. I was not looking for a chain or spa type resort. I can tell you I was very satisfied. Upon arrival, Joseph Paulus booked us in. He upgraded us to a larger guest house as there was availability. The guest house had two bedrooms, a small living area/dinning area, and a bathroom. The rooms and bathrooms were clean, and the linens were comfortable. The kitchenette was perfect as we used it to prepare a small thanksgiving meal. We did learn after packing the dishwasher that it was not working. We told management and I assume they fixed it. They have a storage shed with beach equipment (balls, boogie boards, chairs, umbrella,...) so there was no need to bring anything. The property is a collection of building with common areas. The common areas are large wooden decks with chairs and hammocks to relax. Access to the beach is easy, just a short walk through the dunes and the Atlantic is before you. In the evening small fire pits were lit and there was wood to stoke it if you wanted. There were other guests around but it never seemed crowded. Everyone seemed pleasant and content. I think we were the only “family” present on the property but my son had fun. Hey it's the beach. In general this is a great place for independent minded people staying in this area. It has character and charm. Felt similar to visiting a friends parent's beach house. I would definitely return. It would be a very nice romantic rendezvous for couples. However, if you have kids still fun.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Robert_plmbch
Sudbury, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

After spending two nights at Beach House Guesthouses, we were ready to cancel our hotel reservation in Islamorada and spend the rest of the week at this amazing oasis in a desert of Florida high rises (sadly, we couldn't cancel our other reservation and had to depart). This beautiful spread right on the beach is picture perfect and as comfortable as home. Even though the days we were there the water was not the aquamarine blue that I expected, it was so warm that I walked right in, and the sand so level that it was as easy as pie to run on it. The waves are just big enough to surf (both body and board), but not so big that you get knocked over by their force (the sound of the surf is very soothing too). There was hardly anyone else on the beach that is separated from the homes and hotels by low sand dunes with sea grass--picture perfect--so that you felt as though you were on on exclusive island.

The owners, Joseph and Hernando, not only go out of their way to make you feel welcome and part of their community, but they have also created a work or art to commune in. We called to let them know we were going to be late on Christmas eve, and they were only too happy to recommend a wonderful German restaurant called Heidi's (see my review). When we arrived at our room at 9:00 PM, we found breakfast for the next two days, which included fresh Indian River orange juice and (I think) local blood oranges. Then to top it all off, they invited us to share their Christmas dinner with them on their fabulous pergola covered deck (they have four of them, each with slate centers on which they can place fire pits). We really enjoyed meeting their friends, some of whom were former residents, and had the most convivial time.

There's so much to see on the property--fountains, works of art, and interesting landscaping--and the rooms are perfectly attired in casual, but clean-lined furnishings and accessories. The kitchen is extraordinarily well-stocked with practically every utensil and appliance you can imagine, and the owners let you enjoy your vacation by providing paper towels, soap, sponges, and more. I contrast this exceptional experience with the one we had in Islamorada, where all they supplied was a sponge and dish soap, and the room cost was more than $100 more.

I'm sure Joseph and Hernando are aware of how special their place is, but it's always nice to hear it yet again, so here's a shout out to them!

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the ocean only have one bedroom. The owners upgraded us to a two bedroom, whic...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank elleng
Bridgewater, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

My fiance, son and I just returned from a weeklong vacation in Cocoa Beach, FL. I found Beach Place on TripAdvisor and trusted others' reviews and therefore wanted to also contribute to reviews of this wonderful retreat. We stayed in Peggy's Treehouse, which is a larger unit with a kitchen, direct views (and sounds!) of the ocean. The entire property is so relaxing, with beautiful art, large crystal and mineral art decorations, sitting areas, hammocks...just everything to make you feel relaxed and comfortable. We were pleasantly surprised with a tray of cookies for Christmas and an invitation to Christmas dinner with Joseph and Hernando. Although we already had reservations for that night, we were so touched by this gesture. The guesthouses are a few miles from the hustle and bustle of the tourist trap in the center of town, but close enough to drive to the great, low-key restaurants. We will definitely go back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank JulieandNeil09
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2011

Being a former resident of Cocoa Beach, I can say without hesitation that the Guesthouses are the best hotel in the area. My wife and I also chose to have our wedding here and it was fantastic. The owners, Hernando and Joseph, will go out of their way to accomadate anything a reasonable guest could want without hesitation. The rooms themselves all have their own personality and are decorated differently and tastefully. The grounds a the the back of the hotel towards the beach are very artistic and functional, with the most comfortable hammocks ever. For anyone not expecting a "conventional hotel", this is the place to stay in the area. It should be known that the place is more of a B&B and does not offer bellhop, concierge, spa, etc. As long as that is known and is ok, do not hesitate to book your trip!

Room Tip: For a little extra money, the named rooms (instead of oceanfront), offer cooler decor and have actua...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple