“Great place for our 'staycation'.”

Holiday Inn Express Cocoa Beach
Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Great place for our 'staycation'.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

My wife, daughter, and I live in Orlando, and spent the weekend at this property. It was a great property to be at - pool, hot tub, breakfast in morning. Beach was a short walk across the street - but that was the only real knock on it.
Great experience - would definitely go there again.
Staff was tremendous.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Matthew D
jadehiecb, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cocoa Beach, responded to this review, 7 September 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the ammenities we have to offer. We hope that you return to us on your next visit to the Space Coast!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Fountain, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

This hotel was wonderful. It was always clean and well maintained and the personnel were very helpful and nice. There was not a time that I wasn't greeted with a smile and a pleasant message from the hotel staff. My room was cleaned to my satisfaction and, when I did not require it to be cleaned, I was provided with anything I needed replaced. I have to send out a special thank you to Jade - the front desk manager. When I needed to upgrade my room, she made the process seamless and so easy. She was truly wonderful. I would also like to mention Erwin, who I think must work 24 hours a day. He made sure my stay was great. He always took time to make sure I had anything i needed. He just went the extra mile that makes staying away from home so much easier. I would recommend this hotel to any family traveling in the Cocoa Beach area. It is close to the beach and pier and has great accommodations and breakfast foods. Most important - the staff is the best!!!!! CUDOS to Holiday Inn for finding and keeping such wonderful people. The only drawback was the slow elevator and I am not sure what can be done to help that situation but I was on the first floor so I used to stairs to go to my sister's room.

Room Tip: Traveling with family - the suites are nice and can accommodate extra people comfortably. I found t...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for such kind words about our hotel, and our staff. We strive to make each guests stay a wonderful experience, and your feedback has helped reassure us that we are on the right track! We look forward to being your hotel of choice on your next visit to Cocoa Beach!
Luxembourg
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

This is an outdated hotel, which definitely needs to go under renovation. There was an awful smell in our room, which was quite dark as we were situated on the second floor, with a view over the parking lot.
Breakfast was okay, and so was the staff.
There is only one washer and one dryer in the guest laundry, which means you have to be lucky to be able to use it!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Matmax
Thank you for your feedback. Your review will help us to review areas that may need work, and help us to strive for excellence. Our hotel was fully renovated by the end of 2010. We apologze that the upgrades did not fit your needs. We do hope you will come back and give us another try on your next trip to Cocoa Beach!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

When we reserved the room on hotels.com it looked like the hotel was on the beach but it was not. Breakfast was OK except if you go the last half hour don't expect to get anything hot. The coffee was exceptional. Rooms were clean and roomy. People were friendly. Be aware the elevator is jumpy. And if you're on the top floor it can be slow going.

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for your review. We apologize that we were not on the beach as you thought. Your feedback is greatly appreciated, as it will help us to pin point areas of concern. We do hope that you will come and see us again on your next visit to the area!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2012

We stayed 2 nights before setting sail on the beautiful Carnival Dream out of Port Canaveral, and the staff, the room and the breakfast was awesome! Room & bathroom was very clean and the fixtures they chose for the remodel made it feel a lot bigger than it really was; there was plenty of room to move around. The pool is outside, but it's also covered, so you don't have to sit and fry in the blazing sun if you chose not to. There is a Publix grocery store right next to the hotel, and the port is probably less than 3 miles down the road. Also, public beach access is a short 2 block walk. I will be referring my clients to stay there pre-cruise, and I'm sure we will go back as well.

Room Tip: Rooms on the opposite side of the A1A are quieter.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family