“Best sushi in the area.”
Review of Akina

Akina
Ranked #6 of 228 Restaurants in Clermont
Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

Always a treat when I go here. Sushi rolls made to order and always fresh. Usually get a roll or two with my entree. This time I just pinged out on edamame, fried calamari and some wonderful sushi rolls.

The temptation roll is one of the best I've ever eaten. So good!!

Small but clean atmosphere and good service. There are cheaper places around for sushi but they can't hold a candle, or chopstick, to Akina.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Three couples went to dinner on Friday, June 22 and had a wonderful experience! The food is always fresh and tastes great! Love this place!

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

The avocado and California rolls are AMAZING!! The General Tso’s chicken is some of the best I’ve had! Hubby loves the beef and broccoli. It’s a small restaurant so I encourage reservations.

Reviewed 7 June 2018

At the suggestion of some neighbors, we decided to try Akina for some sushi. My husband doesn't like traditional sushi/raw fish, so we chose a few of the Chef's Special Rolls. We tried four rolls, but the two that stood out were the Fireball Roll and the Heaven Roll. The Heaven Roll specifically, was my favorite, as it had a combination of shrimp, almonds and mango sauce. We arrived at 6:45 on a Friday night and it was crowded with a bit of a wait. Once seated, the waitress apologized for the wait and told us the kitchen was a little backed up. We didn't wait too long for our appetizer, and we were able to enjoy the spring rolls without being rushed. Prices were reasonable and we will visit here again.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

Slow down a bit as you travel US27 on the south side of Clermont and look for this hidden gem. Located in a business strip center, its location on the corner of the building provides for a sun lit interior. Not too bright and the dark tables and comfortable chairs help to balance the ambiance. Before you get to your table and peruse a delightful menu you will notice the environment is maintained with care and no jacket or sweaters are needed. Once seated by the friendly and attentive wait staff you will want to spend a few minutes with the well laid out menu. My attention was drawn to the Pepper Steak lunch special and I was not to be disappointed. Lunch began with a wonderful bowl of hot and sour soup. The broth was hearty and the ingredients generous. I was then presented with my order of summer rolls. This appetizer is often named spring rolls in a Vietnamese restaurant and it contained the same ingredients found elsewhere. Served with a peanut sauce it was scrumptious. The Pepper Steak plate was among the best I have eaten. The steak was fork cutting tender, the vegetables crisp, and the sauce delicious. A side serving of fried rice was complimented with what I believe were sweet potato crispy curls. This was a treat and the cost was about $15.00. I'll be back for dinner one evening and enjoy yet another great eating experience.