We arranged our stay via an RCI exchange. Our family of 4 greatly enjoyed our stay and since we were in town to hit Disney, SeaWorld etc the location is second only to being in Disney...being physically separated from the Disney complex by a maybe 0.5 mile as the crow flies. Rt 192 has plenty of cheesy gift shops, mini golf, restaurants of all sorts and all that is typical of the main drag of a resort town.
Our room was quite spacious with a large master suite with whirlpool tub and walk in shower. The guest room had dual full sized beds. The living room had a comfortable couch, if screen LCD tv and a dining table. The kitchen was stocked with typical utensils, pots/pans/bowels etc. The unit offered a spacious deck with outdoor furniture overlooking the lake. The front of the unit went to parking lot and located right next to the reaort's mini golf course (which I could not keep my 3yr old away from).
The resort offered several different pool areas, of which we visited all but 1. The pool area at the clubhouse is likely the busiest, but the area by Big Kahuna's bar and grill was the best...with water spray features, a large zero entry area and areas that wind around a central island. The resort offers a splash pad for kids which is quite nice however it's not heated so my son didn't much care for it. The pool area next to the clubhouse also has a sandy beach area with bouncy water playground and jet ski/boat etc rentals. The bouncy play area and rentals of course are at an extra charge. There is also fishing on the lake, which is quite pretty. Each of the 2 largest pools have bar and food. My boy loved the fries while his mom preferred a frozen beverage!
As with all timeshare resorts this one has an optional sales presentation. We decided to skip it despite the offer of breakfast and $100 gift card.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you seek relaxation, exploration, or inspiration, Summer Bay Orlando by Exploria Resorts has something for the whole family. Experience a luxury family destination that delivers the thrill of Orlando's world-renown attractions with the comforts of a leisure getaway. Enjoy all the highlights of our 400-acre lavishly landscaped resort and 64-acre private lake, located a mere 10 minutes from Walt Disney World Resort. Summer Bay Orlando is the perfect Florida getaway for family, fun, and freedom.Luxury accommodations: Why settle for a cramped room when you can settle into a spacious sanctuary? From roomy hotel accommodations to two or three bedroom fully furnished condominiums, we've got you covered with home-style comfort. Enjoy a homemade dinner with the family. Step out on your balcony to watch a glorious Florida sunset. Or take the night off and watch a movie on your flat screen TV. Stress-free park hopping: hop on our complimentary shuttle to Epcot(R), Magic Kingdom(R) Park or Universal Studios Florida(R).Fun in the sun: Whether your goal is a relaxing escape or a spectacular adventure, Summer Bay Orlando can fulfill your desire with a host of activities, amenities, and dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summer Bay Hotel Clermont
- Summer Bay Resort Orlando
- Summer Bay Resorts