“Good Vacation at Summer Bay”

Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Clermont
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We (two couples) stayed at Summer Bay the week of February 27th thru March 3rd. Our three bedroom villa was comfortable and roomy. We had a screened in porch which was nice in the evening since the bugs can be a problem in good weather.
Both pools were clean and heated, which was fabulous, lots of towels, and chairs to lounge on.The food at the pool bar was good, and not pricey. Activities were also fun should you want to partake. Small beach was also nice if that would be your choice.
The only thing we didn't like was that we had to pay for wireless service, and also use of the computer and printer. The time on the tickets that I bought to use both ran out faster than the time listed, a bit of a rip off.
Schuttle service to the Disney & other parks was amazing, and all the drivers couldn't have been nicer. No charge to and from Disney, minimal charge for the other parks, but worth it so you don't have to park.
Grocery shopping was so convenient, supermarket minutes from the property, and the road to it leads directly from Summer Bay. Prices were great.
Lot's of dining all along 192, as well as shopping. Needed to get a few things at Target, and there it was!
Been to Orange Lake, that is beautiful, but Summer Bay was also a great vacation spot.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank oceancity58
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 1 April 2012

I was at the summer bay for spring break March 14-18th when I arrived I checked in and automatically I thought my vacation was goin to be ruined I booked a mth in advance and I booked a 2bed room 2bath condo with jaccuzzi tub and walk in shower and a balcony I check in at the club house get my room keys and open the door and it was a 2bedroom villa no jacuzzi tub no balcony no walk in shower pissed!!!!!! So we demanded what iwas promised or I wanted a refund and take my family else where but they took care of us and from wed to Sunday I had an excellent time there!! Def will be booking in advance next yr .......love the heated pools the friendly staff and all the onsite activities for the kids ***** 5stars from me.........gemeal Gude

• Stayed: March 2012
4  Thank gbaby85
Reviewed 31 March 2012

My friend and I have Lupus and are on Chemo treatments so we went to Florida March 2012 to rest and just stay mellow. We thought we were going to a resort hotel where everything you need is right there. Booked through Expedia they don't tell you that this is a time share, NOT a hotel. The front desk tells you a different thing every time you call so here is the scoop. It is a 75.00 with out tip ride from the airport! They do not offer transportation! You are better off to rent a car for a week. The boast about having so many places to eat but here is the truth. You can take the shuttle to Denny's or order nasty fried food at the poolside bar. The gift shop is WAY over priced! My friend bought an ice cream bar ( because they wouldn't refund her 4.00 and change she spent on a box of Grahm crackers that were all soggy and gross) and it was about 4.00! They are not 1 mile from Disney they are 1 mile from the welcome sign and another 5 or 6 away from the actual place! There is no spa to speak of they have the usual over crowed over chlorinated hot tub and a " spa day" at the activity room where you can spend an extra 10.00 for some nail polish or something silly. Check in is 4pm Room was very dirty. You have to pay for your toilet paper,tissue,and trash bags after the first one. My "clean" blanket was crusted with what looked like vomit. Having a a compromised immune system I was very nervous about how clean this place really was. Our dishes in the cabinets were crusted with food and obviously not cleaned. The toilet backed up 3 times, the last time the guy drilled it out and proceeded to leave puddles of biological waste on the floor!! After explaining that due to our medical situation this is a potentially deadly situation it took several calls to get housekeeping in. When housekeeping finally came he swept the floor with a towel tied to a stick and left broken glass that he has swept out from under the fridge in the middle of the floor! We told if we wanted the floor disinfected to take the shuttle to the store and buy cleaner. We did and I cleaned the bathroom myself! Garbage Disposal blew food all over the place had to be replaced. Fire alarm had to be fixed, We were locked out of the room 3 times due to a bad battery in our door. One morning we had a bird in our dryer vent going crazy! Pool furniture is filthy, most of the tables are broken and cracked ( dollar store plastic). Shuttles don't show up when called and then when they do the drivers complain about how no one communicates with them. Pools is open 24 hours with no supervision or emergency phone available which is very dangerous because the place is loaded with kids. My friend sat down with Ken the manager who was rude and defensive. He refunded only 1/2 of what he should have and it was reluctantly. When my friend showed him her new white socks that were black after a morning walking on the rug he accused her of lying about the state of cleanliness ( " how do I know you didn't walk around outside in your socks??"). I emailed him photo's of the bathroom after the plumbing issue and got no response at all. We had asked to speak with him on day 2 only to be told he was "too busy" we finally heard on back on day 6! The only caring people there are the one's who have no power and don't get paid well. Mary in housekeeping, Harry in Housekeeping, and a lovely girl from security were very kind and agreed with our take on the situation. Sadly that doesn't help you when you are stuck there. I would never recommend it to anyone ever. And I really hope Ken doesn't find himself ill and vulnerable one day. He just may end up running into someone like himself!

Room Tip: go someplace else!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
8  Thank jacksonsmummy
Reviewed 30 March 2012

My family and I have been visiting Summer Bay for the past 8 years. The service was the worst that we have ever experienced. We checked in on Saturday March 17, with our 2 small grandchildren, and had to wait in line for over 25 minutes. There was only one desk clerk on duty. The manager was in the back office, continued to open the door and peek out, but never helped. Awful!

When we got to the condo, the kitchen floor was filthy, the dishwasher leaked and there was no coffee pot. The worst part was the plug socket in our grandkid’s bedroom was literally hanging out of the wall with the wires completely exposed. I took a picture of this and posted it.

While we still enjoy Summer Bay and its amenities, the management really needs to get it together. There was no attention to detail. Too bad, because it used to be an A+ resort.

Room Tip: Inspect your room for cleanliness and maintenance items before unpacking.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Lawry L
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We stayed March 17-24, 2 adults and 1 child (4yrs old). Overall we were very happy with Summer Bay. Nice pool and beach area. We spent 2 days hanging out there at the pools. My son loved the beach and the zero depth pool. We had a one bedroom condo and the one thing I did not like about that was there was really no "dining room". There was a round glass table in the living room - really no area to sit and eat. The other things I wasn't happy about was that you had to pay to use internet and also had to pay to use the inflatables in the lake. I felt that as a resort guest you shouldn't have to pay for those. It might be one reason why I don't stay there again.
The location of the resort was great. Close to dining, shopping and not far from the parks (6 miles). 192 can get busy, so you may sit in traffic on occasion.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Renee C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clermont
0.6 km away
0.5 km away
Liki Tiki Village
Liki Tiki Village
#27 of 154 in Kissimmee

Been to Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK