My friend and I have Lupus and are on Chemo treatments so we went to Florida March 2012 to rest and just stay mellow. We thought we were going to a resort hotel where everything you need is right there. Booked through Expedia they don't tell you that this is a time share, NOT a hotel. The front desk tells you a different thing every time you call so here is the scoop. It is a 75.00 with out tip ride from the airport! They do not offer transportation! You are better off to rent a car for a week. The boast about having so many places to eat but here is the truth. You can take the shuttle to Denny's or order nasty fried food at the poolside bar. The gift shop is WAY over priced! My friend bought an ice cream bar ( because they wouldn't refund her 4.00 and change she spent on a box of Grahm crackers that were all soggy and gross) and it was about 4.00! They are not 1 mile from Disney they are 1 mile from the welcome sign and another 5 or 6 away from the actual place! There is no spa to speak of they have the usual over crowed over chlorinated hot tub and a " spa day" at the activity room where you can spend an extra 10.00 for some nail polish or something silly. Check in is 4pm Room was very dirty. You have to pay for your toilet paper,tissue,and trash bags after the first one. My "clean" blanket was crusted with what looked like vomit. Having a a compromised immune system I was very nervous about how clean this place really was. Our dishes in the cabinets were crusted with food and obviously not cleaned. The toilet backed up 3 times, the last time the guy drilled it out and proceeded to leave puddles of biological waste on the floor!! After explaining that due to our medical situation this is a potentially deadly situation it took several calls to get housekeeping in. When housekeeping finally came he swept the floor with a towel tied to a stick and left broken glass that he has swept out from under the fridge in the middle of the floor! We told if we wanted the floor disinfected to take the shuttle to the store and buy cleaner. We did and I cleaned the bathroom myself! Garbage Disposal blew food all over the place had to be replaced. Fire alarm had to be fixed, We were locked out of the room 3 times due to a bad battery in our door. One morning we had a bird in our dryer vent going crazy! Pool furniture is filthy, most of the tables are broken and cracked ( dollar store plastic). Shuttles don't show up when called and then when they do the drivers complain about how no one communicates with them. Pools is open 24 hours with no supervision or emergency phone available which is very dangerous because the place is loaded with kids. My friend sat down with Ken the manager who was rude and defensive. He refunded only 1/2 of what he should have and it was reluctantly. When my friend showed him her new white socks that were black after a morning walking on the rug he accused her of lying about the state of cleanliness ( " how do I know you didn't walk around outside in your socks??"). I emailed him photo's of the bathroom after the plumbing issue and got no response at all. We had asked to speak with him on day 2 only to be told he was "too busy" we finally heard on back on day 6! The only caring people there are the one's who have no power and don't get paid well. Mary in housekeeping, Harry in Housekeeping, and a lovely girl from security were very kind and agreed with our take on the situation. Sadly that doesn't help you when you are stuck there. I would never recommend it to anyone ever. And I really hope Ken doesn't find himself ill and vulnerable one day. He just may end up running into someone like himself!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you seek relaxation, exploration, or inspiration, Summer Bay Orlando by Exploria Resorts has something for the whole family. Experience a luxury family destination that delivers the thrill of Orlando's world-renown attractions with the comforts of a leisure getaway. Enjoy all the highlights of our 400-acre lavishly landscaped resort and 64-acre private lake, located a mere 10 minutes from Walt Disney World Resort. Summer Bay Orlando is the perfect Florida getaway for family, fun, and freedom.Luxury accommodations: Why settle for a cramped room when you can settle into a spacious sanctuary? From roomy hotel accommodations to two or three bedroom fully furnished condominiums, we've got you covered with home-style comfort. Enjoy a homemade dinner with the family. Step out on your balcony to watch a glorious Florida sunset. Or take the night off and watch a movie on your flat screen TV. Stress-free park hopping: hop on our complimentary shuttle to Epcot(R), Magic Kingdom(R) Park or Universal Studios Florida(R).Fun in the sun: Whether your goal is a relaxing escape or a spectacular adventure, Summer Bay Orlando can fulfill your desire with a host of activities, amenities, and dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summer Bay Hotel Clermont
- Summer Bay Resort Orlando
- Summer Bay Resorts