“Have your confirmation with you when you check in!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Clermont
Lake Louisa State Park Camping & Cabins
Northeast
“Have your confirmation with you when you check in!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

We had reserved Cabin #11 and were disappointed to be given Cabin #2. (The higher numbered cabins are closer to the lake and have better views.) I didn't have my confirmation print-out with me showing the reservation information. When I got home, I double-checked and we were definitely supposed to have #11.

If you are a regular visitor to this sort of accommodation, you probably would know to bring your own hand soap, bath soap, and shampoo as none are supplied in the cabin. (They should probably add an advisory to this effect to the reservation confirmation emails they send out.) The toilet paper was as thin as tissue.

The cabin was clean and spacious. You have to make your own beds with the linens provided.

The hiking trails are nice, but we were never able to really get close to the lake. (I had pictured being able to walk along the lake.) The underbrush grows right up to the lakeshore and the trails are 15 feet back. You can see the lake from the small fishing piers or if you go out canoeing (which you should do!).

Room Tip: Higher numbered cabins -- and be sure to bring written proof of the cabin you've reserved.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank DisneyWorlders
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2011

Cabins are awesome! Located by the lake. Well maintained. Designed to spend a few lazy days there. Trees full of of oranges growing in the wild made our kids' day. And so did a great fire ring by the cabin. Rest of the park is not anything really unique but good. Staff is friendly. Pick Cabin numbers 14 or higher for better views. 16,17 are the best in my opinion.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank Wander2011
pamelagibb
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2009

I have traveled extensive throughout the U.S. and camped in cabins all over. My favorites are Sundance, Utah; Sedona, Arizona; and my third favorite is Lake Louisa in Clermont, Florida. The cabins are beautiful and have all the amenities for comfort, especially a large screen porch with rocking chairs with a view and a romantic fireplace for cool nights in winter. The cabins are up on a hill overlooking a lake. It's true paradise and beauty and I am proud of Florida State for creating such a place of beauty for people from everywhere to enjoy.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
4 Thank pamelagibb
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2008

My family and I (four adults) have just returned from a 3-night stay (December 16-18, 2008) in a cabin at Lake Louisa State Park. All 20 of the park's cabins are situated on Dixie Lake, and all of the tent and RV sites are in a separate area. We had a wonderfully private stay. The cost was $110/night.

The view from our spacious screen porch was incredible. The cabins have a full kitchen with stove, microwave, and fridge, two full bathrooms, a bedroom with a queen bed and another with two twin beds, plus a living area with a sofa bed and a gas fireplace. The master bedroom has a door to the porch, which allowed me to go out early in the mornings without disturbing my family. The living area also has a door to the porch, and the many windows allow for good views from just about anywhere in the cabin. The screen porch has a picnic table, a double rocker, and two single rockers, and is an excellent spot to watch the sunset over the lake or watch for birds -- I saw osprey and American kestrel among many others.

There was plenty of room for four adults. All of the rooms were clean with plenty of closet space. My only complaint: the kitchen silverware could have used some attention. Apparently, past guests had not rinsed them prior to putting them through the dishwasher -- a bit of cheese or something stuck on some of the forks/spoons. Still, overall, the cabin was very neat and clean.

We drove to the Magic Kingdom from our cabin, and it took about 30 minutes. For us, the drive was worth it to stay in such a spacious cabin with beautiful surroundings. We bought a few groceries at a local Walmart (approx. 5 minutes away). I cannot comment on nearby restaurants. We ate at the cabin and at Disney. There was an Olive Garden and a Red Lobster not too far away.

Lake Louisa has a lot to offer. Hiking, nature viewing, fishing, and canoeing. It doesn't take long to spot the wildlife here. If you like birdwatching, this is a great place to stay.

8 Thank Bosen