oversold the hotel..after a very long trip from panama which included a 12 hour flight delay..my husband and i arrived in orlando..our reservations were booked at candlewood/clearwater which involved a lengthy drive..i had contacted the hotel earlier in the afternoon informing them of our delay and requesting a cancellation...i was told by mgmt. that there was no way they could refund our stay as it was booked thru orbitz..but that our room would be ready and waiting regardless of our time of arrival...we arrived at approx. 5 a.m. only to be told they were sold out????excuse me!!..our room was booked and paid for...by this time my husband and i had not slept in close to 30 hours!!.the desk clerk was rude and his attitude was ooops..we will refund you for your 2 day stay via orbitz as he said they could not refund us directly..we have yet too see this refund...warning..this hotel double dips..did not offer to pay for our stay/and find us another hotel...worst service we have encountered in our extensive travels..it should be illegal to sell a room that has been payed for by someone else!!..will avoid any candlewood properties as a result of this nightmare...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Candlewood Suites Clearwater hotel, we put the amenities where they really count: in your room. We are an all suite property, the perfect place for your next stay. Studio room has one queen size bed and all have a full kitchen complete with microwave and full size refrigerator. Work efficiently at your desk with free high-speed Internet access and two separate phone lines - check email and talk on the phone at the same time. Relax in the over stuffed recliner while you enjoy the CD player and VCR. Borrow your favorites from our free video and CD library. Work off some stress in our on site fitness center or heated outdoor pool. Visit our Candlewood Cupboard where you can purchase meals, snacks and sundry items at value prices. Our setting is the perfect choice for business or leisure travelers, you can earn Priority Club Rewards Points for each qualifying stay We are centrally located and easy access to Interstate 75, Tampa International Airport, and the St. Petersburg Clearwater International Airport Candlewood Suites Clearwater Hotel is only 15 minutes away from the beautiful Gulf of Mexico Beaches!. Busch Gardens and Adventure Island are popular area attractions to visit. We are a pet friendly hotel with a non-refundable pet fee - $15 for 1 first night $10 for each additional night capped at $150 for duration of stay. Two pets less than 80 lbs. Per suite . Pet agreement must be signed at check in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Candlewood Suites Clearwater reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Clearwater Hotel Clearwater
- Candlewood Clearwater
- Clearwater Candlewood Suites