US$ 123
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$ 95
Barefoot Bay Resort and Marina(Clearwater)(Great Value!)
US$ 190
Free cancellation until 20/07
US$ 243
US$ 215
  • Beachfront
Residence Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater(Clearwater)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$ 134
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 150/night.

Sandpearl Resort(Clearwater)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$ 625
US$ 503
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 February 2018

I will begin this review with the message I received from my husband who checked in a couple hours before me. It went, " OMG, there is a man on some kind of drug raising havoc in the lobby, two women fighting, and the police are on their way and I swear there are people who live at this hotel and some look like hookers." I assured him there was nothing else in the area available & I thought I could trust an economy hotel because it was a Choice brand and I know their standards as I had worked at Choice hotels - higher end (Comfort Suites) to low end (Econo Lodge) and we always made sure we exceeded our standards for our brand.
After my husband checked in he called me a few more times to warn me how bad it was and how disappointed I was going to be. Disappointed was not what I felt when I arrived. I was more mortified and disgusted with what I found. I was in room 320. First, the room appears to have had a serious bedbug epidemic. Everything made of fabric except the required bedding & towels have been stripped from the room. There is no carpet, but a very cheap, poorly installed linoleum that was improperly cleaned and when you walked you would stick to it (at least I hope the stickiness was poor cleaning product). There are also no pictures on the walls but traces of where they were still exist. The bathroom door had dried food (and again, I really hope it was just dried ketchup) and finger and hand prints all over it. Chunks of tile were missing from the shower. The shower & toilet seat wear stained and looked dirty. Chunks of the corner wall and tile were missing from the room. HALF of the door frame was missing from the bathroom door! The window curtain was torn at the top and didn't reach across the entire length of the window. The bedspread had cigarette burns and was rough and scratchy. The pillows were bricks but the mattress was worse. It was like sleeping on 2 X 4's and I'm not too sure I wasn't. You could literally feel pieces of wood under you. It has been three days since that hotel hell and our backaches have yet to let up. I have never had a backache in my life, but somehow managed to nearly disable myself sleeping in that bed. The box springs were also wrapped in plastic. The room felt like something like a holding cell. Dirty, cheap, lacking of any comfort, bare bones minimum.The smell of the room was atrocious. I used a bottle of essential oil air spray and it didn't even come close to touching it. I couldn't stop gagging and nearly vomited when I first walked in. I had to leave the hotel until bedtime. Our air conditioner was super loud and rattled like it was going to fall apart. The chain lock on the door also had been forcibly removed. Eviction, SWAT team, jealous husband? We'll never know , but something went down. The only chair in the room was a broke plastic office chair that had also not been cleaned and had something resembling body fluids dried up on the seat I was afraid to bring in any of my clothes because the smell from the room was absorbing into our pores. The next morning I took a hot'ish shower and bolted from the room while I was still fresh, but I could still smell the room in my sinus' all day. It would be nice to say that we at least could rest our heads, but despite the unacceptable mattress & pillows, we had bigger issues. The hotel is next to a bar on one side and a boat yard on the other. The noise from the cars in the parking lot in the bar was enough, but for some reason someone was also riding a motorcycle around the boatyard until midnight. The scariest part came though in early morning. Doors were slamming all night and when the bar closed the workers came home to the hotel and were loud, drunk, and obnoxious screaming at each other through the halls. My husband heard a noise at the window at around 3 and he went over to see if he could close the curtain more some how, and he was met with the face of a man peering into our room at us! The looked eye to eye and he got chills. There was no sleeping after that. I have never been fearful or more grossed out at any hotel. I couldn't book any other place in town as I had the past two weeks prior with a reasonable rate , but didn't think twice at the $75 rate because it was still a Choice hotel which I no longer trust for quality. And I have pictures to back my claims.

Room Tip: Look somewhere else
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank swimswiththefish
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

The rooms are disgusting. The bathroom door had a hole in it. The wallpaper was peeling. The carpet was nasty. The dresser draws were tearing up. There was dirty socks behind the dresser. The tile in the pet room wasn’t finished under the sink. The very top lock was missing and we didn’t have curtains.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Imani04
Reviewed 23 October 2017

We stayed here one night. When I first saw the motel, I wasn't so sure about it. Nothing really wrong with it, but just wasn't sure... However, the room was very clean. We noticed a stack of old mattresses and several rooms that were in the middle of renovations so our thought is that they must be doing some major renovations at this motel. Not sure what type motel it was before, but for a Rodeway Inn, which is usually associated with being a lower end motel, we were very pleased.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank William G
Reviewed 18 April 2017

Agree with another reviewer, the place looked like a halfway house. Many occupants sitting outside smoking and looking scary. No breakfast offered.

Our room was supposed to be non-smoking but smelled terribly of smoke. It had a kitchenette that looked 50 years old. The cupboards and bathroom vanity were home-made from painted plywood. The floors were hard tile. They looked clean but I had to wash the bottom of my feet before putting my socks on after a shower!

Choice Hotels should be ashamed of this place.

Room Tip: Stay away unless it is the only place you can find.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Troy R
Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

This motel is overrun by people who look like they're on the run or looking for a drug deal! Seems more like a halfway house full of people that don't care to change their ways. The smell of hash was so strong walking past the managers apartment. There were four sheriffs cars surrounding the motel in the morning as we were leaving. They had one man outside his room and two additional officers inside the room. There are a lot of better places for the same price. Better safe than sorry.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple