“Best Hotel in Clearwater Beach!!!!!!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Sandpearl Resort
Ranked #6 of 95 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
New Jersey
“Best Hotel in Clearwater Beach!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

Top notch all the way!!! By far the best hotel on the beach!!! The staff ,hotel, food, location, pool area, everything is awesome!!! You can not go wrong here, great for the family or a couple. Pool area is lovely with 0 entray pool nice for kids. Lay out on the beach chairs and have one of the friendly staff get you cocktails and food all day long. Hotel located right on the beach so you can walk from the pool to the beach. Amazing sun sets every evening. Corrattates restraunt is a very nice for a gourmet diners & has amazing martinits. Tates pool side grill is great for some apps or to eat. Hotel is walking distance to the local shops and restraunts and there is many nice ones to chose from. The new Hyatt hotel is very nice but doesnt come close to Sandpearl. If you can afford it stay at #842 it is the top floor with 2 balconys(most have only 1) dead center looking the whole pool area with the perfect view for sunsets!! It has a kitchen and couch folds out so you can sleep 4 people no problem. It is totaly worth the extra cost!!!

Room Tip: Stay at # 842 is it worth it. Any room you get will be fine but I have stayed in that room my last...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
courtneylb, Assistant Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Dear Jason K,
I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us immensely. It sounds like you really liked your suite and enjoyed the restaurants we have here on property. We hope you are able to stay with us again soon.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (636)
  • Hebrew first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

We just returned and loved everything about it.
-Staff is great
-Beach is beautiful
-Rooms are fantastic
-Pool area is excellent
-Location is amazing
We will make a point of returning soon.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank tbones_69
Dear tbones_69,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your most recent stay. I am so glad to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your our resort. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Burlington, Vermont
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

We stayed here a couple of years ago and stayed in a south/pool facing suite and it was extraordinary. Had a wonderful time and couldn't wait to go back. This time I wasn't feeling so flush and opted for the cheaper north facing room. How bad could it be, you are still facing the beach....well let me tell you, splurge for the pool facing rooms. We were on the 4th floor, right above an alley and a smelly restaurant that smelled so oily and greasy it was hard to sit out on our oversized beautiful deck. I tried to switch rooms but they were full....so many great things about this place but it was school vacation week and way too many kids around the pool for my liking but the beach was great and of course you can rent your chairs and umbrella for 25 bucks for the day. Expensive but necessary. Food is pretty good and not that overpriced. Drinks are weak but we just bought beer and wine with us and drank that instead. The fancy hotel restaurant is very good and I would recommend that for most meals, not much else around that is very good. Walk north on the beach to the state park- it is really worth it. I would love to go back when I can splurge again but my husband has had enough....

Room Tip: South facing/pool facing! Only way to go, all others are awful!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Dalsofrom,
First I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us again I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I apologize that you were not pleased with your coastal view room, these rooms are located north on the resort and provide a partial view of the beach and surrounding sea side neighborhood. We hope you and your husband choose to stay with us on your next visit to Clearwater Beach.
kent uk
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

We chose the Sandpearl after reading Trip Advisor reviews when in fact we should have taken more notice of last years reviews !
The room was described as a having a coastal view when in reality overlooked a bin yard and a
car park with a distant strip of beach.
We could not sit on the balcony (where you could reach over and touch your neighbour )
Because of noise and smells from the extractor fans from the restaurant.
We mentioned this to a disinterested front desk clerk and was offered a Gulf suite for an extra approx $1000.
Housekeeping was a bit hit and miss,stocks of towels,water,tea and coffee not being replenished
And had to be requested,also found the air conditioning overpowering ,waking most nights very thirsty.
The resort fee of $25 per day includes a beach chair but an umbrella costs an extra $25 per day
(in 83 degrees )
Valet parking costs another $20 per day plus tax.
This resort quite clearly is a family friendly only hotel,the pool was surrounded by at least 150
loungers almost touching each other which made entering and exiting the pool quite difficult when
The pool looked inviting.
The only redeeming factor was the Tate Grill staff who were excellent and also the beautiful sunsets which fortunately the Sandpearl management had no control over!
Since this visit we would be very reluctant to ever return
Pp

Room Tip: Pay twice as much,take a Gulf suite
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank honoreve
Sandpearl_GM, General Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking time to complete a review of your recent trip to the Sandpearl. I am very sorry to hear the issues you experienced and that you left disappointed.

The resort is located on Clearwater Beach, which is an island to the west of Clearwater. It is sourrounded on the east by Clearwater Bay and on the West the Gulf of Mexico. Due to the location of the resort not all rooms are directly facing the Gulf of Mexico, but rather the view of the coastline to the north and south. We do offer many rooms with Gulf Views but of course those rooms rent at a premium. We do feel that the price placed on any given room type or view is a great value due to the nature of the resort and location.

I am very sorry for the issues you experienced with Housekeeping as well. We provide extensive training to our Housekeeping Team and unfortunately it appears that someone fell short on delivering on our own expectations. I will review your comments with our Director of Housekeeping.

I am glad that you enjoyed your time at Tate's Island Grill.

At your convenience and should you feel it appropriate please contact me at the resort as I would like to get additional feedback regarding your stay.

Regards,
Eric Waltz
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I had to attend to this Resort for a friends wedding. This was the first time I have ever been to the West Coast of Florida. All I can say is, Wow! The Hotel was impectable. It has the whitest beach sand I have seen outside of Cancun.The staff was friendly and helpful.

The rooms are a bit pricey, but I was blown away when they upgraded me to a suite, which included two balanies, one in the master bedroom and the living room.

I had arrived early around 11AM, since check in isn't until 3PM, I went to the front desk just to ask for them to hold my luggage until I was able to check in. They said I could check in now if I wanted to. I simply ask if I could get a room looking at the beach. They said they couldn't, but said he would do me one better, by upgrading me to the suite. I was already loving this place.

My flight back to NY wasn't until the late evening on check out day. They have policy of allowing you to have a late check out, for an additional fee of I think, around $75.00. Well worth the additonal fee, to enjoy the day at beach and the resort.

I will certainly be coming back to this Resort again.

Room Tip: The resort has another parking facility two blocks away, instead of using the valet parking, saving...
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Dear Davidd225,
I am so glad that you enjoyed your time here while attending a friend’s wedding. I am pleased to hear that you found our staff to be so friendly and helpful. We hope you are able to come back and visit with us again soon.