All reviewsfull kitchenmom popliving roomminute walkpierpoolsofapublixlaundrymicrowaveunits
Reviewed 10 July 2017

My daughters and I have vacationed at the Echo Sails nearly every summer since 2009. It's family owned and staffed, and they keep making updates. Mom, Dad, and son are very nice but give you your privacy. The rooms have full kitchens, large fridge, cooking and eating utensils, etc., and there is a Publix Supermarket a short trolley ride away if you don't have a car. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the pool is bigger than most of the nearby hotels', there are two gas grills to use, and the wide beach and pier are just a short walk away. There are kids' beach toys to borrow for the beach, if you can get your kids out of the pool. The pair of two-bedroom units are great for families though they get booked well in advance. It's better to call (and get called back) to reserve directly ;-) We wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

I want to give John and his family a "one" so no one will come here and I'll always be King... however I can't. They are too nice. Have been coming here for about 17 years, and now our kids and grandkids come too. I think there are about 15 rooms, all with kitchenettes and can easily sleep 5 in each room (queen, double + sofa sleeper). Also I think there a couple of 2 bedroom units. A horseshoe shaped hotel with a pool in the middle. Cabinets are being replaced as well as carpets; all rooms have new mattresses (I asked). I've thought about buying this place many times but John is not interested in selling; often John Jr. is here too.
John added a pergola to one of the pool side corners, great place to sit out of the sun under the many palm trees. What a fantastic idea!

We think of this as the last "Mom & Pop" motel, the last hold-out against the large mega-hotels. We'll be coming here forever!!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 March 2017

Perfect spot to relax and meet friendly people. Quiet, 2 story surrounding nice pool. Full kitchens and comfortable beds and furniture. Really nice owners who are personable and aim to please. Great location a block from beach and great restaurants

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2017

Loved our stay. Owners are very accommodating. Guest here are the "older " clientele but that was what we were looking for and the way the owners like it. Apartment was perfect for our needs, pool great and just a short walk to beach and all the activity. I can hardly wait to go back.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2017

We arrived in the evening and found a note on the reception door to tell us our room number, the apartment was very clean and comfortable and the only issue was there was no bedding for the sofa bed which my son was sleeping on but we found an extra blanket and this was rectified in the morning and were also given the extra towels. The beds were comfortable and none of us had any problems sleeping, and the kitchenette was more than enough for our needs. We loved the pool and some days were the only ones in it which was great. The free wi-fi was an absolute blessing for all of us for contacting loved ones in the UK and when we wanted clean towels etc we just left them outside on the chair and they were replaced straight away. The location was spot on with only a 5 minute walk to the beach, shops and restaurants and if we went to Clearwater again we would definitely stay there again. The staff accommodated us for a late check out as our flight home was not until the early evening and we paid a fair price for this extra service. If you like lively, modern places to stay then this is not the place for you but if you like calm, relaxed, clean and friendly then give it a shot as you will be pleasantly surprised.

Room Tip: Rooms on the reception side are quieter, as there is a car park behind the far side which could be quite noisy at times.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family