“Wow. What a restaurant, what a view”
Review of Columbia

Columbia
Reserve with OpenTable
Columbia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 750 Restaurants in Clearwater
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Cuban, Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Waterfront dining at its finest! Family-owned & operated for more than 112 years, Columbia has earned acclaim for its old-world charm & award-winning Spanish/Cuban cuisine & wine list. Join us for century-old family recipes like Paella "a la Valenciana," Filet Mignon "Columbia," & fresh seafood specialties. Sample a fine Spanish wine like Torres, Montecillo or Campillo. Don't miss our world-famous Original 1905(R) Salad, named "One of America's Top 10 Best Salads" by USA Today -- The only restaurant in Florida to be named. Whether you choose a table looking out onto the radiant blue waters of the Intracoastal Waterway from the Mediterranean dining room, or experience the casual atmosphere from our outdoor deck on the water, you can enjoy the cuisine that has consistently been voted Tampa Bay's Favorite. Casual attire is fine, but we don't allow sleeveless shirts on men. We are a sister to the Columbia in Tampa's Ybor City, founded in 1905. Children's menu available. Open 365-days a year, including all holidays.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My family of 11 just came back from 5 nights in Clearwater. Columbia Restaurant was our final meal together for the trip. What a great restaurant! The food was excellent and the view fantastic. Everyone was very happy with their meals. Even the 'Good Rice' (instead of white or yellow) surprised us as being awesome (and I am not a rice fan). Great service, really well thought out decor and a top-notch meal. Can't really ask for more than that ?

(as a side note, the t-shirt shop down the way in the shopping center had an unbelievable selection shirts- thousands, great prices and service. My son and I ended up buying three and my wife wished we had bought more.)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I am a bigger fan of the restaurants food than I am of the service. For some reason I am not as impressed with the service. I have had a few experiences where the hostess (male and female) were not friendly about our trying to get in for dinner without reservations.

On this trip we arrived for a late lunch. They seated us on the deck overlooking the gulf. It was sunny and warm, yet not hot.

I brought a friend and I recommended the incredible 1905 salad, their original cuban sandwich sandwich and the black bean soup with rice and onions. It's the full Colombian lunch experience. Frankly I find it hard not to order at dinner too. (they have so many great entrees - real dinner entrees too)

Always a tasty meal, service aside. they also bring warm Cuban bread and butter while you wait for your meal. It's addicting.

I will be back - after writing this I think I will return tonight.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

great place but it's under awful management. The assistant manager on staff when we were there. My friends wife was hit in the head with a tray and had a glass broken over her head while we were there She was crying and the best the assistant manager did was offer to call a paramedic, no apology until we got upset. It would have been a much smoother situation if an apology was offered and some compassion showed instead of giving us attitude and telling us we could leave or he could call a paramedic. That's is ridiculous and the opposite of what you should do in the service business. This guy could use a serious realty check in how to handle difficult situations. He couldn't have been more smug, arrogant, and rude in handling a situation like this one, which only made the situation that much worse. Very disappointed in the service of the assistant manager here. Food is great, but not worth it as long as they continue to deal with situations like this in that manner.

1  Thank Duane M
guestservices1905, Public Relations Manager at Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for sharing these details with us. This is not an acceptable way for one of our employees to handle a situation like this, and we have given your comments to our management team to investigate. We are sorry that this happened to your friend’s wife, and we are happy that she was not seriously harmed.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We just went to Clearwater Beach for the first time and i was really excited to see there was a Columbia right there. I’ve been to the original in Ybor City many times. It was my birthday and i really wanted something amazing...this just fell shy in my opinion.

They still have a great menu, killer 1905 salad prepared table side, dynamite sangria. All i can say is i felt the service was a little “tired” and lacking enthusiasm or recommendation. At the Ybor location there is this vibe and excitement, younger servers who weren’t afraid to make recommendations. It’s a giant menu so a little guidance and help on what’s fresh would have been appreciated.

Tend to doubt I’ll be back despite it was good...just not great.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Beautiful view, excellent service, and the most incredible food. Try the bruschetta. You won't be disappointed.