“Beautiful Hidden Paradise”
Review of Amber Tides Motel

Amber Tides Motel
Ranked #29 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
Reviewed 6 April 2012

All the reviews I read before booking were spot on. The owner Ulli was the best, always helpful and friendly. My fiance and I stayed in room 4, my dad & uncle were room 2 and my dad's friend and wife were in room 8. Everything is within walking distance including Pier 60. The rooms are clean, beds comfortable and everything you need is right there. I highly recommend staying here,

Room Tip: All the rooms we seen (2, 4 & 8) were great
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Trudy R
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 20 March 2012

The street is very quiet considering how close it is to the beach and unless your looking, all you might see is a richly landscaped patch with all manor of tropical vegetation and huge psalms.

Our room was decorated with flare and though some items were a little old, we had everything we needed and everything worked! We had a flat screen TV, a very comfortable bed and shower with water pressure like you would not believe.

I guess what I liked the best was early morning coffee at the pool area. It's sealed off from the street with a wall of lush tropical plants, has great seating and a great mix of bright sun and shade right where you need it.

Oh, I almost forgot...and this my be the most important, Ulli (he's the management) has the gift of hospitallity and service. We forgot coffee filters he produces them instantly. We need a cutting board it appears. But even more Ulli is genuine. He likes to relate..he will listen to your story, and if you ask him he just might tell you his.

• Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank Topgallant
Reviewed 19 March 2012

This is a Motel that grows on you. When you arrive you’d be mistaken to think it’s a bit rough, but it definitely gets better as YOU get used to it. So how to describe, I’d use words like shabby chic, dated, mid 80’s, old fashioned, honky-tonk, quaint, special (as in she’s special) and all this is good and not negative for me. All the earlier reviews are correct

Ulli the owner rules with a hand of steel and a heart of gold. During spring break, he told a group of young boys that if they wanted to party in the bedrooms he’d throw them out, no refunds, and told us that if we heard anything to disturb us, at any time during the night to let him know. Needless to say there was nothing. However if you want a beach umbrella, Ulli has it, want a cooler Ulli has it, want to BBQ by the pool at night Ulli has it.

You will notice that website shows photos of the pool, not the rooms, that because the rooms are just rooms, nothing special. But overall the Motel is great, not a good place for youngsters who might want to party in their room, but great for couples of all ages and those who’d like peace and quiet, in a crazy town.

Would I come here again, you bet!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank SomersetUKJohn
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I loved staying here last spring 2011. I will stay here everytime I go on vacation to Clearwater. I was impressed at the cleaniness of the room there was no mold in the tile grout in the bathroom. It did not smell like mildew in the room there were NO VISIBLE TRACES of bugs any where. Ulli was a perfect host, very patient with my children and the noise. There are grills at the poolside and 3 different little jungle-esque eating areas. It is right across from the beach and walking distance to Sheppard's Resturant. For the age of this buliding it has been maintained wonderfully and brings back the "old" Florida style vacation spot with tarazzo floors in the kitchen and jallicy windows all you here is the waves and the birds. Much rather stay here than the Holiday Inn or Hyatt.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank 34496Julia73
Reviewed 21 February 2012

This hotel is soo nice, i'm from europe i came with friends the atmosphere is very nice the pool was clean i was there before and now they put new TV's. It was almost on the beach. The hotel looks a bit old put as i said the atmophere was nice. I recommend it for all of you.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends