“Highly recommend”

Price range: US$ 12 - US$ 60
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are a family owned & operated restaurant, specializing in Italian/Continental Cuisine. We have been the proud recipient of Tampa Bay Magazine's award for 'Best Italian' for over fifteen years, as well as Wine Spectators Best of Award of Excellence for our extensive wine list. Reservations are highly recommended for weekends and holidays.
Reviewed 17 October 2018

Amazing atmosphere on a Friday night listening to the pianist while enjoying a great meal. Their bread was delicious and I try to avoid bread but couldn't. The lobster pasta was fantastic, enough for leftovers the next day. Service was on point. Great restaurant, will be back

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 11 October 2018

Three couples went for an anniversary dinner celebration - one couple had been there before and it is one of their favorite restaurants. The atmosphere is very nice and you feel you are in a special place, but it was very cold in there. Our waiter, Max, never introduced himself, never smiled, and seemed upset and perturbed when one of our guests explained she had some food allergies and asked him to check with the kitchen about some ingredients - she is the one who loved this place.
The entree salads looked very nice - I tried the wedding soup which was just ok - not much flavor - my wife's is better. Two of us had the veal parm which was very good but was a very small piece compared to others I have had in the area and at $25.00 was overpriced. It was accompanied by a very small amout of pasta. My wife had the manicotti which again was tasty but for 2 pieces at $20.00, was overpriced. Other dinners were chicken and veal marsala and a pork shank - all liked their dinners, but again, pricey for portion received.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank kurtzmark
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

The food tasted really good. The bread was hot and delicious. We could not have asked for a better waiter. I didn’t care for the first two drinks I ordered and he made sure I was satisfied. I ordered the scampi and although it tasted delicious, I could have used a little more which is why I didn’t give it five stars. The scampi you see in the pictures is not the scampi you get. I wish I would have taken a picture but I didn’t. Other than that, it was a nice dining experience and I would recommend it.

Reviewed 13 August 2018

This was my birthday meal so I wanted Alfanos to be as good as our usual 'go to' place, Mystic Fish. We relaxed the minute Nicoletta (our bill says, 'Linda'?) reassured us that we had time to look over the menu, even though we'd arrived mighty close to the end of their 'price fixed' menu, a big 'draw' for me, and almost foiled thanks to the commute traffic.
The service she provided was excellent, from serving the wine to saying 'Happy Birthday' as we left ... as well as seeing that my strudel/icecream had a candle to blow out.
I had the lamb shank which shocked and delighted me w/ its portion size. It was served on a risotto and was absolutely tender & delicious. I took home half of it and have been able to make two meals out of just the leftovers! Husband had chicken Marsala which was very tasty as well. The total, with 1/2 bottle of a nice red and tip was $75 ...a bit more than we might have paid at MF or Positanos, but worth the drive because we felt 'cosseted'. I can see why this restaurant has been in business as long as it has. Can't remember when i last gave a local restaurant an 'excellent'. We'll return when occasion dictates 'nice'.

1  Thank Wanderlassie
Reviewed 5 August 2018

Have been going there for over 20 years, generally enjoy it. Last night was a dining experience I would rather forget. Service was off (too say the least) from the start. Hands down as bas a Cesar salad as I have had.