“Outstanding prime rib”

Harold Seltzers Steakhouse
Ranked #14 of 29 Coffee & Tea in Clearwater
Description: Rediscover the Great American Steakhouse tonight at Harold Seltzer's. Located in the heart of Port Richey Florida at Gulf View Square Mall, the Original Seltzer's Steakhouse is back with excellent food, friendly service for a guaranteed good time.Join us for date night or a family outing and enjoy delicious steaks, seafood and homemade sides in our classic and cozy atmosphere. Our extensive menu offers a variety of dishes including our hand cut steaks that are perfectly aged (35+ days), flame broiled and lightly spiced for better flavor and tenderness. We also feature weekly specials and daily happy hour at our full bar with specialty cocktails, draft and bottled beer and a wide selection of wines.Please visit our website for a full menu and additional information on takeout, delivery, catering and private party availability. From everyone at Harold Seltzer's Steakhouse, we welcome you to our family and hope you enjoy your time with us as much as we enjoy serving you!
Reviewed 29 May 2021 via mobile

Outstanding prime rib! Best I've ever eaten. What the restaurant lacks in atmosphere it far makes up for in friendly, attentive staff (thank you Randall!) if you're craving really good quality beef prepared perfectly, this is the place

Date of visit: May 2021
Harold S, Owner at Harold Seltzers Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2021

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I am sorry you didn't find the atmosphere to your liking as it has been very consistently praised since we opened last November. Please come back to see us again soon!

Write a reviewReviews (17)

Reviewed 11 May 2021

Beautiful venue, excellent staff-we had Anita who was very attentive, sweet, professional and efficient. The food is absolutely fabulous! OMG the rolls!
Delicious on all accounts. We highly recommend.

Date of visit: May 2021

Thank you so much for this fabulous review! Please come see us again soon!

Reviewed 16 April 2021 via mobile

I was really looking forward to going to Harold Seltzer’s Steakhouse when I was in town after many memories of the prior related chain, Sam Seltzer’s in Orlando. Unfortunately this experience didn’t live up to memories with a very sub par steak and overall experience. Starting off with service, everyone just seemed a bit annoyed to have customers. The seater, our server, etc - everyone just acted generally meh. The bread and “croutons” were good and the one highlight of the meal. The salad was really pretty sad, what you would expect from a bagged salad sitting in the grocery store for too many days. The steak and potato were both tiny and just not very good. For the same price you can get a much better experience at any chain steakhouse.

I wish reality was as good as the memories, but unfortunately that wasn’t the case this time.

Date of visit: April 2021
1  Thank disneyfan131
Harold S, Owner at Harold Seltzers Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2021

Thank you for coming. I apologize for the delay in reply, but am very pleased that you enjoyed our bread and croutons as much as you did when we were operating in Altamonte Springs in Orlando over 12 years ago. I am sorry and surprised that you didn't enjoy your steak [we age our meat at least 5 weeks before hand cutting on site and most customers prefer our place to the chains to which you refer] and salad [made fresh daily and served with our made from scratch dressings that are very popular] As to the service, as you may know there was [and still is] a major labor shortage in our industry but I am pleased to report that we are back to full staff and our service is back to its usual high standard. We hope you will give us another try next time you are in town. Thanks again, Harold

Reviewed 13 April 2021

I have been several times in the last few months to Harold Seltzers Steakhouse on Gulf To Bay in Clearwater - and I have to say this place is the best!!!
I have always used some kind of steak sauce on my steak - no matter what cut and it drove my husband crazy! For the 1st time in my life (and I'm a senior citizen) - I do not put anything on the steaks that I've had here! They are cooked to perfection!!!
The salads are wonderful with their homemade garlic ranch dressing! And the loaded baked potatoes are so good too! They have other entrees on their menu but I am so pleased with the steaks - I haven't tried anything else!
The servers have always been very attentive - checking to see if everything is like we want - and if we need anything. Needless to say - I'm hooked on this restaurant and so happy they're close to where we live!

Date of visit: March 2021
Harold S, Owner at Harold Seltzers Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2021

Thank you so much Beth for the wonderful review! We are so happy you love us so much! Please come back to see us again soon!

Reviewed 4 April 2021 via mobile

Service is struggling not much follow up food was great prices are great.
Managers need to come out and check on tables more.
Tighten up your standards and you will be a great place.

Date of visit: April 2021

Thank you for coming and for your helpful suggestions which we have taken seriously. I apologize for the delay in reply, but am very pleased that both our food and prices were great. As you know there was [and still is] a major labor shortage in our industry but I am pleased to report that we are back to full staff and our service is back to its usual high standard. We hope to see you back again real soon. Thanks again, Harold