“Best meal I've had in years!!”

Ocean Hai - Asian American Fusion
Ranked #52 of 768 Restaurants in Clearwater
Price range: US$ 26 - US$ 42
Description: Ocean Hai, specializes in an entirely new approach to dining with our passion for Asian fusion techniques, featuring local and sustainable seafood, farm raised beef, chef crafted sushi, and a fresh raw bar. Blending classic American techniques with adventurous Asian flavors we invite you to discover what's fresh now.
Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

The restaurant itself is amazingly decorated, and the open kitchen is stunning. I've been a chef for years, so I kinda geeked out on the whole setup. We had 2 sushi rolls and oysters for starters and they were incredible! Great flavor, super fresh, and artistic plating. For my main course I had the ramen noodle bowl and the poke flight. The ramen was the best ramen dish I've ever had, and I was in Japan last year. The poke had intense flavor, and the fish tasted like it just came out of the water. My wife had a crab cake, and also the beet salad. She loved both and raved about them for days. Drinks were also well made, and tasty as well. The service is attentive, and constantly keeps everything topped off, and up to par.

This place is second to none, and definitely deserves a visit!

1  Thank Brian W
James P, General Manager at Ocean Hai - Asian American Fusion, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Dear Brian W,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent visit to Ocean Hai. We couldn't be happier hearing yet another wonderful comment about our menu! Chef John has without a doubt created and perfected an excellent menu. We hope to have you again join us at Ocean Hai.

Reviewed 12 May 2017

We ordered to-go desserts for late night sweet tooth. Order was not complete(forgot ice cream) and the creme brulee was liquidity. We thought about the Sunday brunch, but it was too overpriced for offered items. This will probably be a great place once they get their footing.

Dear michelwaldr,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review of your recent visit to Ocean Hai. I apologize that your experience was anything less than what our standard is at Ocean Hai. Your feedback provides us valuable feedback so we can improve, we can follow up with our culinary team and chef to make sure we hit the marks on dessert. While we are a new Restaurant we are continually refining processes as we move forward. Thank you again and we hope you give us another try.

jpyles@wyndham.com
727-281-9587 ext - 2587

Reviewed 9 May 2017

Only ordered an omelet and an avocado melt, ridiculous! We felt bad for the server, she was so apologetic! Need to work on the staff at this hotel.

Dear Therese B,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review of your recent visit to Ocean Hai. I apologize that your experience was anything less than what our standard is at Ocean Hai. Your feedback provides us valuable feedback so we can improve, I will be following up with our culinary staff to make sure we can expedite our service times. While we are a new Restaurant we are continually refining processes as we move forward. If you would please give myself a call or email I would love to provide you with the true Ocean Hai dining experience and personally make sure you enjoy the the next visit you have with us, we hope you give us another try.

jpyles@wyndham.com
727-281-9587 ext - 2587

Reviewed 9 May 2017

Delicious food! Halle is the best waitress. Literally, specifically ask her her. Dont get Jean. That's a sad story for another time.

Food was amazing. Made from scratch with the finest ingredients. Loved how cute the place was as well. I mean, everything was great, besides Jean the waiter that is.

Dear Tanya B,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent visit to Ocean Hai. We couldn't be happier hearing yet another wonderful comment about our menu and Halle is great! We hope to have you again join us at Ocean Hai.

Reviewed 9 May 2017

A few of my friends and I came by after the sugar sand festival at the beach. The restaurant is beautiful with modern lines and an open kitchen. The open kitchen makes it easy to see all the cooks diligently working. The Chef John came out to check on us as we were getting our food. He was so nice. The food was amazing. We had lobster sushi with eel and avocado, oysters on the half shell, the ahi tuna takaki, Chinese meatballs, dumplings, lobster fried rice and a special creme burlee. It was my best friends birthday so the creme burlee had happy birthday written on it for her. We were treated like queens. The Chef's inventiveness and flavors were spot on, the drinks were also good. Chef John is an amazing chef and we will be sure to go back

Dear Rachel R,