Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Atlanta, GA
“Unique Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

Overall I liked this hotel - it's interesting and has some very good qualities to be sure. My assessment is as follows:

Pro's
-Location and nearby restaurants and Starbucks (movie theatre no longer exists)
-Good view for pool and jacuzzi
-Room size was fine and bathroom nice and large (mine did not have balcony/only some do)
-Hotel is quiet and out of the way
-Nice balconies and resting places off main floor lobby (did not use restaurant)

Con's
-Jacuzzi was lacking chlorine/would likely not pass inspection (I know - I have a pool myself)
-Workout equipment was mostly old and hanging by a thread for most part
-Parking is a bit of a walk down the end of the street from the hotel
-Must leave hotel after 11 for any food or beverage

Be careful of booking - Marriott reservations booked me at the "other" Bohemian hotel in Orlando! I caught it when looking at my confirmation email.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Netedge
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
Morehead City, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

My wife and son stayed three nights in this hotel and town and loved it.

My only complaint is the lack of free wireless internet in the rooms.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
The Villages, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

I live in Celebration and have never spent the 4th of July there and would not recommend. It was under staffed, took way too long to get a drink. Ran out of certain foods. Way too many people in patio viewing area to enjoy the firework presentation, needed security to enforce the rules such as smokers, people without bands. Not well organized at all. I'll save my money and go back along the street. Rethink if you’re every looking to enjoy the 4th at Bohemian. Any other time what perfect place to enjoy.

Room Tip: Book early if you want a backside room to view the lake.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2012

I lived in Celebration for almost 2 years and stayed at this hotel before it was sold. Here are my thoughts on our recent visit of two nights for my birthday...

Location - The hotel is very convenient on several fronts:

1. Celebration is a great community for walking and has restaurants that are more than adequate to spend a few meals in. Columbia is the exception as it is a notch above all the rest in my opinion. It is a favorite of my family's and we eat at a Columbia anytime we are near one.

2. For those wanting to spend time at Disney, you can quickly get over to World Drive by leaving Celebration the "Back Way".

3. Parking in my opinion is freely available and in my opinion convenient. It sure beats parking in a dark garage and walking more distance to ride an elevator up to the hotel.

Decor - The hotel has great indoor / outdoor spaces. The lobby is a bit cramped with a dining area, check-in desk and the bar all crammed into it - but nice and British Colonial in style (as is most of the hotel). The hallways are in desperate need of new carpet. I am not sure if the stain are truly bleach or not, but the faded circles from room service trays are apparent everywhere. The artwork is quite nice, although for the size of some of the works, the "hallway gallery" is much too small.

The hotel outside is in need of some TLC - or at least a little review by management. Finials on the fence around the pool were either missing or just hanging down (I believe that they are actually torches or bug candles) and one of the frog fountains was not working. More troubling than these things was that the top railing of a fence on the outside patio was not attached to the column. How did we find this out? We were at the fence watching an alligator in the lake (who had no fear), when we leaned on it to snap a photo.

Rooms - We were "upgraded" to a lake view. We suspect that we were actually relocated solely to ensure that the wedding party could be contained in a continuous block of rooms. The room was nice, but the "view", while very nice of the lake and the lakefront area of Celebration is invisible due to the huge chairs and table that are placed directly in front of it. We actually rearranged these items so that we could enjoy the view. In agreement with other comments I have read in reviews here: 1. Faucet did not meet up with wall and it was poorly calked to make it meet. 2. Either include two bathrobes in the room or don't include any. 3. TV is old and the cable box they use is very slow (and no HBO). 4. Include internet access for the rates.

Service - Our check-in was great, the person was pleasant and efficient. The bar staff were also helpful and friendly. Housekeeping was a disappointment for us. We were there on a weekend where a wedding party was being hosted.

On the morning after our first night, we placed out "Please make up our room" tag in the door as we left for a day out at 10:00 AM. When we arrived back at our hotel at 4:00 PM, our room at not been cleaned. I called down to housekeeping and was sent to voicemail. We decided that we would spend some time at the pool while we were waiting for our room to be cleaned.

I went down to the front desk and requested that it would be nice if our room was cleaned so that we could get ready for our night out. They could have cared less. I was told that they had 90 rooms to clean and that hey would probably get to ours soon but that they would call housekeeping as well. If housekeeping cannot keep up with the room turnover, then management should not book the hotel to capacity. I explained that we had been gone for 6 hours and asked what the purpose of the "Please make up our room" card was if it wasn't to get it cleaned sooner than someone would "get to it".

With this great exchange we went on out to the pool. Here we found that there were no towels available (after following directions posted in the room to not remove those towels). I tracked someone form the hotel staff down and asked for towels. At that point, I was informed that they would call housekeeping to have some sent down. Needless to say, an hour and a half at the pool and we have no towels.

Would I stay here again? Absolutely. There are minor things that management could address that would make the hotel appear more "maintained". Customer service, when things don't go as planned, leaves a lot to be desired. We are not picky people, but at the very least would have expected an apology that the room had not been addressed. If I were managing a hotel, I would certainly strive to ensure that the guests who are already checked in are well cared for before prepping a rom for new arrivals.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Darren M
Johnson City, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2012

I recently enjoyed a two-night stay at the Bohemian Celebration with a friend. My observations:

PROS:
- Beautiful, modern, eclectic, chic decor
- Lobby is non-traditional with just a small check-in desk. The bar and restaurant take up much of the lobby. It's a nice space.
- Good happy hour specials! We didn't try the restaurant.
- VERY comfortable beds and pillows
- Liked the room decor a lot
- Small balcony was nice
- Starbucks coffee and Tazo teas provided in-room.
- Room has a real coffee pot (2-cup? 4-cup?) rather than a single-cup brewer
- Quiet location and quiet rooms
- Lovely lakefront location
- Pool area was nice, but we didn't swim.
- Hotel is on a walking/jogging path
- Celebration is a great small town
- Lots of dining and shopping within an easy walk
- VERY convenient to airport/cruise port toll road (but toll roads: Boo!)

NEUTRALS:
- Parking lot is at the end of the block, though close on-street parking may be available. Valet is available.
- Could use more power outlets convenient to the bed

CONS:
- Did not feel welcomed when we arrived:
.....It took a couple minutes for valet to emerge from hotel to offer help with bags and parking.
.....Clerk who checked us in barely mentioned two words to us. No welcome, no greeting, no offer of local dining or parking information. (Found out when we returned to hotel after midnight that we should have been issued code and pass for self-parking lot). No confirmation of the package we booked and its inclusions. He simply gave us our room key and directed us to the elevators
- In-room Evian bottled waters offered for $5 each and a bottle of red wine offered for $27 felt cheap rather than upscale.
- No complimentary internet anywhere in hotel. I believe the charge was $9.95/24 hours. Now who uses the Internet for 24 hours? You might use it 1-2 hours in the evening and maybe 1-2 hours in the morning. Go to Starbucks just a couple doors down for your free wi-fi.
- There's a $10/night parking fee for using their lot. Is that really necessary for a small in-town hotel? My package did include parking so I didn't have to pay the fee. Valet is $15/night.
- Don't nickel and dime me!!!!
- Our room had two queen beds, but only one robe in the closet! Were we supposed to take turns wearing it?
- Old-style tube tv. Not impressive!

Would I stay here again? Yes, if I had a similar package with parking included. If that package weren't available, I would choose a different hotel based on the extra parking & internet fees alone. In an area with so many great hotel options, extra fees discourage me from choosing your hotel no matter how good the location. After fees are added in, I can stay at a Disney hotel for close to the same rate. Parking and Internet are included there.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Rae A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
Villas of Grand Cypress
#1 of 333 in Orlando
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,342 reviews
Waldorf Astoria Orlando
#29 of 333 in Orlando
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,872 reviews
Lake Buena Vista
Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort

Been to Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK