“Service was terrible, but rooms were terrific” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration

Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
chicago
“Service was terrible, but rooms were terrific”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2009

Stayed here on valentine's day weekend and was greatly disappointed. Started with a rude greeting by hotel security to my fiance as she stepped to see the pool while I checked us in. Poor service continued on the next day when I phoned for a towel and was told they would run one right up......I eventually went to the pool to retrieve my own towel! And the final straw in the service cap of the Mona Lisa was when I was told by front desk personel "the maid staff was not allowing late check out today." The worst service I have ever recieved in any service based establishment.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ryan2234
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Hilton, New York, Usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2009

AFter reading several reviews prior to booking our vacation stay at the Mona Lisa...I decided to write my own based on our family's stay. I orginally booked the reort for $186/night - however I found another resort (World Quest) which offered a lower rate and was in the same area. I called the Mona LIsa back and was honest about my reason (lowered cost) in having to cancel the reservation and the kind man on the phone offered us $119 /night!!! At that price, I kept our reservation (5 nights/6days).
PROS: Close to everything! Town of Celebration is nice to see (once or twice) :)
Resort pool is great! My husband owns his own pool company and was very impressed with the layout and cleanliness! Our kids loved the pool too!!!!
Great size in rooms/bathrooms. Pretty clean. Nice comfy beds with down comforters! Great to have 2 bedrooms as our kids shared one! Housekeeping was nice and came back later on 2 separate occasions (as we were still in our room). LOved getting the Newspaper at my door each morning!!!!!!

CONS: It was 4:15 pm before we were able to check in! We sat by the pool which was ok, however when we got into our room, the floor (carpet) had not been cleaned. There were crumbs near table etc. (It was cleaned the next day). No dish detergent to be found. We had to purchase our own. They did supply us with dish detergent for dish washer. Laundry machine was weird...washer /dryer all in one. Dryer was very difficult to work! FInally figured it out though!

OVERALL: Would stay here again...the cons did not outway the PROS for the PRICE. If we has spent $186/night, I would not have stayed again. Our family did enjoy the pool, lush towels, separate rooms and small red plastic tables found on the balcony and pool area...my son thought he was playing the "bongos"!!!!!! :) HOpe it helps!!!!

Reviews I had read were pretty true.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Tlaf
Fairfield County, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2009

Got this hotel through Priceline - was looking for a 4 star close to Disney. Was shocked by how nice this hotel was relative to the price. We had a 1 bedroom suite. When you walk in the room, you'll be amazed by how new and beautiful everything is. The kitchen has brand new mahogany cabinets and full size stainless stell appliances. The dining area has a round wood table with 4 comfotable chairs. The living room area has a leather couch (with fold out bed), leather chair, 32" flat screen lcd tv mounted on the wall, and a slider leading out to your balcony. The bedroom has a king size bed, another leather chair, and another 32" flat screen lcd tv mounted on the wall. There a big closet and a washer/dryer. The bathroom is spacious, again with brand new hardware. The staff goes out of their way to be helpful and courteous. In terms of location, it was ideal for us. Its only a few minutes from the entrance to the Magic Kingdom, and about 10 minutes from Sea World. The area is called the Village of Celebration, just outside the noise of Kissimmee so you dont have to look at all that neon, but close enough to be convenient for all of the restaurants and shops. I would absolutely go back, and would recommend this hotel to all of our friends and family.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank FairfieldCounty-CT
Rochester, NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2009

I recently had the opportunity to stay at the Mona Lisa Hotel for over a week & left disappointed by my visit. Given all of the hotels in the Orlando area, we chose Mona Lisa for the suite size, location and the way the hotel was advertised on the website. It was also our 10th wedding anniversary, which made this a bit more special than a regular hotel stay. The experience was far different than the atmosphere we were lead to believe we would enjoy. While we didn't run into anyone specifically rude, we felt our concerns were never addressed.

Four days before our stay, I received an email confirming my reservation. I then navigated to your website and noticed that a AAA discount was $10 cheaper a night than my reservation. I wrote the reservation department back requesting that I receive this rate as I am a AAA member. Upon checkin, I mentioned again the AAA rate and the front desk clerk indicated no mention of that was in my account. The front desks answer was she would check the available rate now, which was of course higher. I was then asked if I would prefer the higher rate. Not that an extra $80 over the visit was going to kill us, as we already intended to pay that amount, but it was still a bit frustrating to be introduced to your hotel in that fashion. If this was the only issue, we would have had a great stay. Unfortunately, it didn't improve.

When we got to our room, it was a nice space and well laid out. While unpacking, I noticed that we were only supplied with soap and one conditioner, and that there was a sticky stain on the floor, and covering two of the supplied chairs. The next morning I visited the front desk to ask if they supplied shampoo(since we had forgotten ours) and the front desk clerk wasn't sure if that was supplied. I mentioned that overall, that didn't matter, but explained the stickiness in the room and that we would like that addressed. When I was younger, I worked in the hospitality industry and one of my positions was the front desk. I learned a lot and know that being nasty really isn't what works. So I was pretty good natured about the 'mystery' stains & requested that it was cleaned, which shouldn't be a ridiculous request, especially when the mess was created by the previous occupant.

When we returned to our room, it hadn't been cleaned up, however we did get the full supply of toiletries from housekeeping. I decided to wait an extra day before returning to the front desk, as perhaps there were other priorities besides our room. Again, having worked in the industry, I try to be understanding, knowing too well that crazy things can come up & happen. When it wasn't cleaned up for us yet again the following day, I returned to the front desk to ask them to please have this cleaned up. They again wrote on the clipboard our room number and our request.

This stickiness was never taken care of, even after we specifically left a nice note in our room requesting we have this cleaned up for housekeeping. We also had an issue with our tv channels, which was explained by telling us not to use the splashs screen with the channels, and the instructions for your washing machine were not complete, resulting in great frustration & having to look up the manual online to figure it out.

Due to our trips to theme parks and visits to Tampa, we were rarely around during normal business hours to have this addressed by management. While I understand that may have affected the opportunity to get the actual AAA rate, or compensation for having a dirty, sticky room, it was just not worth ruining our vacation further by having to take the time to locate & then explain the situation.

Stayed December 2008
3 Thank TriciainRachacha
Boston, Mass.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2009

Just got back from staying 3 nights at Mona Lisa Suite Hotel. Wanted to share a few pros and cons to help people make their decisions.

PROS:

- Very clean, spacious room. Things felt "new." Fully equipped kitchen w/ dishware and dishwasher. In room washer dryer.

- Two separate bedrooms and two bathrooms allowed the four of us to have private space and quiet when we needed it.

- Nice pool and hot tub area.

CONS:

- Internet had wi-fi connectivity problems. The hotel's tech support team was unable to diagnose the problem, and a cable had to be brought to the room to physically connect our laptop. This meant we could only use the computer at the desk in one bedroom.

- TV had issues. Channels worked, but channel guide and movies were unavailable. They claimed to be making a transition from one provider to another, but it felt like they dropped the ball here.

- Room did not have a hair dryer. Room did not have any sheets/blankets for the sofa sleeper. Room did not have cable for internet. Room did not have dish detergent for the dishwasher. Had to call front desk multiple times to deliver items and they seemed annoyed that we kept calling them (then have those items in the rooms, people!).

- During our one night at the pool/hot tub, we saw multiples camera flashes from the windows of two different guest rooms that were disturbing. Granted, the could have been taking pictures of the pool "area," but at night? The circular layout of the hotel with a central pool felt very voyeuristic.

- Fitness center was across the street in a separate building, so out of inconvenience, we didn't end up going.

- Charged (ridiculous) resort fee. $122/night quoted rate turned out to be $156/night.

Overall, this was not what I expected of a "four star" hotel. There were too many unmet needs that most chain hotels have figured out in their years of experience. In retrospect, I would have booked one of these instead.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank mattaca
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
5.4 km away
Celebration Suites
Celebration Suites
#22 of 156 in Kissimmee
3.5 of 5 bubbles 3,358 reviews

Been to Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK