Hurricane Irma is hitting, My daughter lives in Miami. Out of concern for safety, we booked this hotel for her escape for safety. She has a service dog for mental support, along with it being her pet. We called and asked if they would allow service dogs (he is certified and has paperwork to prove it, he also only weights 7 pounds) They said yes. So we booked through hotels.com for her stay. She spent 8 hours driving a 3 hour distance due to the mandatory evacuations of Miami. When she arrived they turned her away saying since he wasn't a service dog for such as blind, wheelchair etc, they would not let her stay there. Due to all hotels being booked, it took us hours to find another one. We called hotels.com to ask for our refund and when they called this hotel to find out why they refused her, being the service dog is registered and its a natural disaster, they hung up on the hotels.com rep. Wow really, they don't care about peoples safety. My opinion is even if he wasn't a certified service dog, they would be making exceptions for the hurricane victims. The new hotel she went to driving around going to hotel to hotel asking if they had openings, allowed her dog to come. Typically they are a no pet hotel,but under the circumstances they opened their arms to her. They said it didn't even matter that he was a service dog, they were their to help all the people they could. They gave her a 7 day stay for $100 cheaper than what the 4 day stay cost at this ugly place...Just for reference her new hotel is Intown Suites, Orlando.
With that being said, I would never give this company the time of day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in beautiful Casselberry Florida, which is minutes from Winter Park, Orlando and the Daytona Beaches, the Home-Towne Studios of Casselberry offers affordable extended stay lodging. Home-Towne Studios of Casselberry features spacious studios comfortably furnished and equipped with kitchens and living areas. This hotel boasts a friendly staff and provides guest excellent customer service. This hotel provides free parking, Wi-Fi, and premium cable television. Guests here also enjoy 24 hour access to the onsite laundry facility and vending area. If shopping and dining are in your plans then a visit to Winter Park or Downtown Orlando would only be minutes away and many restaurants here are touted as the Best in Florida. There are many colleges and universities in the vicinity such as, Full Sail University, Valencia Community College, University of Central Florida, Orlando, Marine Tech, and Herzing Institute. Delight yourself with the visit to the beaches or tourist attractions nearby. Staying with Home-Towne Studios of Casselberry offers great savings by utilizing our in room kitchens and laundry facilities. We look forward to see you as our valued guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Home Towne Studios - Casselberry reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suburban Extended Stay Casselberry
- Suburban Extended Stay Orlando
- Extended Stay Orlando
- Extended Stay Casselberry
- Casselberry Extended Stay