“service dogs, poor customer relations”

Home Towne Studios - Casselberry
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Casselberry
Reviewed 8 September 2017

Hurricane Irma is hitting, My daughter lives in Miami. Out of concern for safety, we booked this hotel for her escape for safety. She has a service dog for mental support, along with it being her pet. We called and asked if they would allow service dogs (he is certified and has paperwork to prove it, he also only weights 7 pounds) They said yes. So we booked through hotels.com for her stay. She spent 8 hours driving a 3 hour distance due to the mandatory evacuations of Miami. When she arrived they turned her away saying since he wasn't a service dog for such as blind, wheelchair etc, they would not let her stay there. Due to all hotels being booked, it took us hours to find another one. We called hotels.com to ask for our refund and when they called this hotel to find out why they refused her, being the service dog is registered and its a natural disaster, they hung up on the hotels.com rep. Wow really, they don't care about peoples safety. My opinion is even if he wasn't a certified service dog, they would be making exceptions for the hurricane victims. The new hotel she went to driving around going to hotel to hotel asking if they had openings, allowed her dog to come. Typically they are a no pet hotel,but under the circumstances they opened their arms to her. They said it didn't even matter that he was a service dog, they were their to help all the people they could. They gave her a 7 day stay for $100 cheaper than what the 4 day stay cost at this ugly place...Just for reference her new hotel is Intown Suites, Orlando.

With that being said, I would never give this company the time of day.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank rae999
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 28 July 2017

I've been to some dives before. I usually kind of like them. They have character. Not this one, though. The first hotel I ever left within an hour of checking in. If you get a "non-smoking" room...it only means "no one is smoking in it at the moment." The room was saturated in stale smoke. The sheets were obviously unchanged for quite some time. They actually had dirty footprints all over them and they were just bunched up beneath the "blanket." Cops were in the parking lot...I hear they show up a lot. There was no one to complain to...I doubt anyone even works there. Even though we left within the hour they would not refund our money. I guess they knew we would never return so...why give back the money? They are so right. Heed my words. DON"T STAY HERE! If I can save but one life then my suffering will not have been in vane.

Room Tip: Here's a tip. Book somewhere else. Run, don't walk, from this place.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Guy S
Reviewed 8 June 2017

Avoid this hotel at all costs. If you check in past 11pm, your key will be left in an unlocked lock box for anyone to access. They will not verify your ID, credit card, or require any papers to be signed. Clearly this is an unsafe facility who has no care or concern for the personal safety or information security of their guests. There are clearly drug deals happening, and lots of unsavory characters loudly roaming around the halls. We booked a non-smoking room but were provided with a room that wreaked of smoke. Corporate is impossible to reach, and the management is as rude and unprofessional as the people this hotel attracts. Do yourself a favor and drive another mile or two to a reliable hotel.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 March 2017

When I booked this motel I was under the impression it would be a professional environment for my family.. OH no it was horrible. I booked two full size beds came there, they only could put my daughter and son in a full bed. There were 7 individuals outside getting so drunk that my daughter was afraid to walk pass. Then when I walked pass they were hissing and whistling. Then the room had roaches swarming allover.. That was it. I took my children and left in the middle of the night. The worst motel stay EVER!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank threats1978
Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

We stayed 3 days. They are in the process of updateding still but our room was nice ,clean had a full size fridge and freezer and 2 burner cooktop, a queen bed and a large flat screen, for the price it was good. I would stay again if in area.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Casselberry
5.1 km away
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Altamonte Springs
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlan...
#2 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
Ramada Altamonte Springs
#9 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
4.9 km away
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Altamonte Springs
Extended Stay America - Orlando ...
#6 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
26.6 km away
Suburban Extended Stay South
Suburban Extended Stay South
#269 of 341 in Orlando
10.3 km away
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Mary - 1040 Greenwood Blvd

Been to Home Towne Studios - Casselberry? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK