The Moorings at Carrabelle
The Old Carrabelle Hotel(Carrabelle)(Great Value!)
US$ 128
St George Inn(St. George Island)
US$ 184
Gibson Inn(Apalachicola)(Great Value!)
US$ 158
US$ 137
Official Hotel
US$ 359
US$ 345
Best Western Apalach Inn(Apalachicola)(Great Value!)
US$ 131
US$ 111
BestWestern.com
Best Western Wakulla Inn & Suites(Crawfordville)(Great Value!)
US$ 119
US$ 116
Magnuson Hotel Wildwood Inn(Crawfordville)(Great Value!)
US$ 93
US$ 176
US$ 149
Orbitz.com
Mainstay Suites(Port Saint Joe)(Great Value!)
US$ 167
US$ 119
MainStaySuites
Port Inn(Port Saint Joe)(Great Value!)
US$ 209
US$ 194
All reviewsnothing fancyenjoyed our staywatch the boatsshared balconygreat restaurantnice sizeroom was largeplace to stayparking lotrooms are cleanstayed nightsacross the streetforgotten coastslipmarinasinkmotel
Reviewed 18 September 2011

We have stayed at the Moorings both in the hotel rooms and with out 38 ft. sailboat. I am very surprised at the nasty comments about the staff--some people just can not be pleased. The people ride around on golf carts for convenience (it is a large complex) and for security. People with boats have expensive electronics and equipment and it is much appreciated. The current is really strong in the harbour but the docks are full service and the staff is very helpful and courteous. They will give you a ride and pick you up to local restaurants. Harry's Bar is a local's bar and The Pit Stop is a great restaurant. The IGA grocery has anything you need. We have never been charged a price other than what was quoted. Weekends it is a higher. The room was basic. For the price you pay for waterfront--bring you own shampoo you have saved from another hotel. Carrabelle is a town worth visiting.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2011

My wife and I live about 2 hours from Carabelle in Southwest Georgia. Having been to Carabelle numerous times as a working musician we've always enjoyed our times there and we thought it was time to visit again. We had been by the Moorings a number of times and it always intrigued us...we love marinas...but the venues always provided accommodations and so we never had the opportunity to stay there until now. We were not disappointed in our choice of hotels.

I spoke with staff prior to our stay to ensure a room was available and they assured us one would be ready upon our arrival. Since our room would not be available until 3:00 PM we toured Carabelle and found that although much had changed the quaint, quiet town we remembered remained the same. We stayed overnight on Sunday and checked out on Monday...a short stay governed by work.

The room was on the second floor, very clean, and quite spacious with a king bed, a dining table with two chairs, a small refrigerator, and a small sink at the counter. The bathroom was very large and we had a balcony overlooking the marina. I don't own a boat, but if I did the slip was free. Although the hotel is pet friendly, we left ours at home.

The staff was exceptional...very accommodating and helpful. If you plan on using the pool make sure you ask the desk person for a key or you'll have to make the walk past the marina back to the lobby area. We used the pool and it was very clean with restrooms, an outside shower, and deck chairs. It's well lit at night and worth the evening swim. I noted during my stay that the staff makes regular rounds on the property to ensure safety and good order.

All-in-all, an exceptional value for the $69.00 we paid. It was a great break and we intend to return in October for a two-day stay so we can check out the beaches. For those of you who like Gulf seafood check out "The Fisherman's Wife" across the street. The staff recommended it, my shrimp and grouper were perfect, and I can't see how anyone would be disappointed with the price, quantity, and quality.

Room Tip: They have condos for large families as well as regular rooms. In both cases, ask for the second floor to enjoy a better view!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2011

This a new hotel with spacious rooms opening to street as well as the river. Right now they are offering a free boat slip with room. We're towing our boat & had plenty of parking room. Carrabelle is old Florida. No Holiday Inns. No Micky D's. Great oysters & shrimp right off the boat!

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 12 April 2011

The room itself was very spacious and nice.Although you could hear the room next to you very clearly and late at night the noise was loud. The office staff was very rude and did not give you the attntion you deserved as a customer. They answered the phone rudly while attending to me and even took care of another customer while trying to handle me, which caused too much confusion. Before arriving- my rate was much cheaper than what I had to pay once I arrived and they would not honor what I was told over the phone. The men (ground keepers) on the golf carts were on you constantly and made us very uncomfortable :( I would not stay here again if they have the same unprofessional staff..........

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank BeachBum000_11
Reviewed 3 November 2010

What a disappointment!!! I was told one price by the night clerk then charged a higher price when I went to check out. The carpet was a filthy mess and the bed sheets were stained with an orange color stain. I got into town late and had no choice but to stay there but never again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo