“WORST SERVICE EVER!”

Azucar Restaurant and Bakery
Ranked #87 of 437 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: Cuban
Description: This is a wonderful, family owned little reaStay rant and bakery. We have eaten there many times - breakfast, lunch and dinner. This restaurant should be included in your listings. The food is authentic and delicious. The service is great. Love this place!!!!!
Reviewed 13 March 2017

I met two friends at this cute little Cuban restaurant for breakfast. I'd been there before and liked everything about it. After sitting at the table for 15 minutes, the waitress finally brought us a menu and took out beverage order. An American coffee, tea and a cuban coffee and left. (I might add, there were only 7 other tables of people eating their breakfast, so it wasn't that busy.) The waitress came back 5 minutes later to take order. We asked about our coffee and she left again. Our breakfast order came out 15 minutes later (all wrong...bacon added to two plates when non was ordered. Cuban bread, but no guava jelly) And...We still hadn't received our coffee order. We started eating so food would not get cold. We finished our breakfast when the waitress informed us the coffee machine was broke (now 30 minutes have gone by and we were not even given water to drink in the mean time.) So the coffee order was changed to cuban coffee. it took another 15 minutes to get our beverages!!!!! And...the cuban coffee was not as good as it used to be. Terrible! Then, we went to pay for our food, she charged us for the bacon we did not order even though she took it away!! Needless to say, I will never go back and will not encourage anyone else to go there either!

Reviewed 5 March 2017

Had a lovely lunch at Azucar. Great Pork Sandwiches (too big for one person) and tostones were crispy and not at all greasy. Did not try the bakery goods, but will next time.

Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

Having grown up in Miami, I know good Cuban food- In Fort Myers, this is the best I have found!
We have had many wonderful meals here-
Reasonable prices, delicious food & a Cuban bakery too! Casual dining-

Reviewed 28 February 2017

Azucar is an excellent Cuban restaurant in Cape Coral and very affordable. They also have a great bakery with fresh pastries and really good breads, especially if you like Cuban bread. Breakfast is very affordable and comes with big portions. Lunch and dinner are also affordable and very good. I tend to stick to the "ropa vieja" (the quintessential Cuban dish, means old clothes but its shredded skirt steak in a tomato based sauce) when I go. I had the lechon last time I was there and was a little disappointed with it to be honest, it was somewhat dry and not as flavorful as I would have expected. The picadillo (ground beef stew) is very good as are the pork chops, the grilled chicken breast and breaded steak. Service is very pleasant and attentive. Atmosphere is nice and the place is very clean.

Reviewed 25 February 2017

This was my absolutely worst experience in Cape Coral in many years. When Azucar first opened, I had been in there for lunch and breakfast, at the time it was excellent.
I took a friend of mine there last night for dinner. It was horrible! The waiter was very rude. I complained about our first dish Ropa Viaja being very salty. The waiter took it away and came back to our table and told us that no one ever complained about this dish. We ordered Grilled Steak, this dish had a good taste, but it was like eating rubber and all dried out. The waiter made it a point to come back again and tell us that if we ordered a sauce we should expect it to be salty! Very unhappy!