Azucar Restaurant and Bakery
Ranked #86 of 438 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: Cuban
Description: This is a wonderful, family owned little reaStay rant and bakery. We have eaten there many times - breakfast, lunch and dinner. This restaurant should be included in your listings. The food is authentic and delicious. The service is great. Love this place!!!!!
Reviewed 7 January 2017

Excellent Cubano sandwich, one of the best I've had. Very nice service. Spotlessly clean. Will definitely return

Reviewed 22 December 2016

There were so many recommendations in Tripadvisor for this restaurant we made it a destination, while on vacation in the area. I had the Cuban sandwich and I forget what the wife had. Maybe the photos I took will shed some light.

My lunch was large enough for 2 people. Big stack of ham, cheese, mayoand pickles, Cuban bread, baked, etc.

But the Cuban coffee!! WOW. If you like strong and sweet coffee like the Cuban people do, this is the place. I wish I could make it at home.

Our only issue on this visit was un- timely service. The one young lady on the floor was overwhelmed when 2 customers were selecting baked items from the case to take out. They took forever to decide, while the young lady stood by. And there was slight language problem (not with me). Maybe it was just the time of day, but other customers were coming in steadily, and that one waitress was left alone to sink or swim. Finally a man came out front to help out, an elegant gentleman who must have been the owner, muy amable.

There are tons of Cuban food places in Cape Coral, and we are adventurous senior citizens. This one, Azucar, was the first one we tried. If you are just starting out, I would recommend coming here first.

Reviewed 8 December 2016

Wonderful little restaurant with many Cuban themed lunch and breakfast selections. The Cuban coffee is wonderful.

Reviewed 29 November 2016 via mobile

I've been to Azucar twice and soon to return. The cafe con leche reminds me of living in Miami. It was hot, sweet and perfectly brewed. We had breakfast the first time and the croquettas were to die for! The side of Cuban bread was fresh baked and perfect. This restaurant is as authentic as I know Cuban food to be without having been to Cuba. My references are from my years spent living in Miami. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 30 August 2016

This place never ever disappoints. Always fresh and tasty! This is a must go to place if you like great Cuban food and make sure you leave room for their freshly baked desserts. True family owned jewel.