“Overpriced for what you get”

Misto Bar and Grill
Ranked #15 of 462 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: European, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 23 June 2012

We visited here with friends - none of us knew anything about it except it was new. The food was good, but way overpriced - the atmosphere was not very warm or inviting. The service was not attentive. Was just one of those places you go and decide once was enough.

Reviewed 21 June 2012

We've had our eye on Misto since it opened. Decided to wait until the "bugs," if any, were out, and Season was over. Also, it's sort of a long drive from where we live in SW CC. We finally went today, because the place we were going to have lunch turns out to be closed on Mondays in the summer.
We're so glad we finally went: the lunch menu had previously struck us as not particularly inspired, but what sound like same-old sandwiches are definitely a cut above in quality and taste, reasonably priced for copious helpings: I had the steak sandwich, which was just delicious, better than any I've had in a long time, full of tender, juicy, flavorful medium to m-r chunks of beef plus caramelized onions, mushrooms, peppers, and cheese on a wonderful baguette-style roll that looks tough but isn't: don't expect your OK hum-drum steak sandwich. My husband had the choripan sandwich, fennel chorizo with peppers and onions on the same excellent roll, with an amazing side sauce that has quite a kick to it. Both come with fries and fruit (we asked for no fruit). Wine selection is pretty much what you would expect of a place in this area that prides itself on fine dining; we had a very nice Valpolicella Ripasso.
We'll definitely come back sooner rather than later, and share a sandwich! We couldnt finish the ones we got. There are also reasonably priced "Specialties" (gnocchi al vitello, seafood crepe, others) and several daily specials that sound attractive. To judge by what we ate everything here will be excellent and have that indefinable something that sets it apart. Servings are generous; wine choices are fine, and our server was friendly and attentive. The space is a little on the dark side but very attractive. Glad we came, we'll be back!

Reviewed 1 June 2012

My husband took me to Misto for my birthday dinner and I was not disappointed. My meal was superb as was the meals of all our friends with us. Of course we had to taste each meal as they were beautifully presented and tasted as good as they looked! My husband had called ahead and for desert out came a flaming Baked Alaska that was fantastic! I highly recommend the Sea Misto which is fresh fish and shellfish in a broth that you'll want to slurp down. We can't wait to go back to this wonderful restaurant!

1  Thank sylvia t
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Excellent service and outstanding food. Have followed Giorgio from his days in Cleveland, Ohio at the Forge Restaurant. Consistent quality. Make this your special place.

1  Thank Harvey Y
Reviewed 14 May 2012

WOW- Misto put Cape Coral on the map for spectacular seafood and veal. The fish is exceptional since it is so fresh. This was my 4th visit and the sauces keep getting better.The plate presentations enhance the experience too. While the portions are too large, the combination of flavors in my meals make it almost impossible to leave anything on my plate. Service has been very attentive and a very congenial owner.
Sid T