I really cannot say enough good things in the space allotted.
Our family consists of my husband and I, our 9 year old daughter and 21 year old son. The house is large - we did not even use the formal living or dining room. The photos are very accurate. The house was clean and the description was spot on.
Some things that we never thought would be important, but were:
1) The kitchen window is a sliding window. You can cook then transfer your food out of this window onto the bar outside.
2) The kitchen is TRULY stocked. There were PLENTY of plates, glasses and cookware. There were even grilling tools for the gas grill.
3) There is a TV (with cable) outside by the pool. The kids loved watching TV from the pool, but also it was entertainment for my husband and I when our 9 year old wanted to swim and no other adults did. The furniture was comfy and there were enough chairs and stools to accommodate numerous people.
4) The closets were large. They also had plenty of hangers for our week.
5) There were PLENTY of linens - including beach towels.
6) There were beach umbrellas and chairs, fishing poles and 3 bikes stored in the garage. We did not make use of everything, but how nice to know they were available!
7) This pool (unlike our previous rental homes) remained clean and pool service was mid week! Perfect in case it stormed. You will never lose the whole week's pool time!
8) Being on the canal was much more beautiful than we imagined. At night, you can hear the fish jump out of the water. Wear mosquito repellant! There is a table and 4 chairs on the patio by the dock.
9) The neighborhood is quiet, but friendly. The neighbors at the end of the road insisted my husband try their hammock! Very sweet people!
The town of Cape Coral was not very large and easy to navigate. Del Prado Blvd, minutes away, had many food choices and grocery stores. One warning, Cape Coral grocery shopping was higher than what we expected. After some research, it appears Cape Coral's cost of living is higher than the Florida average. Be prepared to pay a little more.
It is an easy, pleasant drive to Ft. Meyers and Sanibel Island. It took us about 30 mins to get to either.
Two restaurant suggestions - Stay away from Asia Buffet on Del Prado, but absolutely go to Azucar Restaurant & Bakery on the same road. GREAT food and Cuban coffee!
Don't hesitate to make this your home for the week/month. It is worth it!
|How easy was it to book the property?||How easy was key pickup/access to the property?|
|Overall condition of the property||Bedding & mattresses|
|Kitchen & utensils||Bathroom cleanliness|
|Other facilities & amenities||Service|
|Friends getaway||Older travelers|
|Families with young children||Large groups|
Very nice property. Very roomy for our group of 4. Easy access to many local attractions. Pool was large and refreshing. Caught fish in the canal out back.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||People with disabilities|
|Older travelers||Families with young children|
|People with pets|
This house has everything! it is full of everything you need to make your holiday complete,from an ice maker to a large garage with fishing gear and beach umbrellas. Very safe white area within a short drive of supermarkets, restaurants and beaches. Highly recommended.
|Check-in / front desk|
|Check-in / front desk||Service|
|A romantic getaway||People with disabilities|
|Older travelers||Luxury-minded travelers|