Albergue Casa del Pescador(Ambasmestas)(Great Value!)
US$ 35
Albergue Das Animas(Ambasmestas)(Great Value!)
US$ 21
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$ 47
Camynos(Ambasmestas)
US$ 53
Priceline
Parador de Villafranca del Bierzo(Villafranca del Bierzo)
Hotels.com
San Francisco(Villafranca del Bierzo)
US$ 59
  • Bar/Lounge
Hostal Santa Maria(Cacabelos)(Great Value!)
US$ 58
  • Bar/Lounge
O Camino(O Barco de Valdeorras)
All reviewsgood sizepilgrims menuspainstopdinnercamino
Reviewed 21 October 2016

This was one of our great finds on the Camino Frances, a fabulous hotel with an excellent restaurant and bar. The staff were very friendly and helpful. An excellent place to rest and recover after a long days walking or cycling.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jim M
Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

This was our 5th night on our Camino walk and it was a nice hotel to spend a few hours.Our room was adequate with the bed very comfortable but what made it was we had a little terrace out from our room which was lovely to sit in late afternoon.Dinner was tasty,it was a limited menu as part of our package.Staff were friendly although spoke very little English

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

Great location right on the Camino. (My tired feet love when I don't have to take any additional steps off the Camino at the end of a long day of walking.) Room was very nice and very clean. Bathroom was a good size, good water pressure, and very hot water. Room was also a nice size with plenty of space to get comfortable. Service was ambivalent (neither friendly nor unfriendly) but I've gotten used to that along the Camino. Dinner at the restaurant was, quite frankly, not good at all. But there aren't many other options in town so I'm not sure something better could be found. If you're on a budget, this would be one restaurant to skip. Even though the restaurant looks decent, the food and service were not good. I regret not sitting at the bar and having tortilla (yet again) and a glass of wine instead.

Stayed: May 2016
Reviewed 14 July 2016

Had the best shower after a very wet day walking the Camino. Arriving here was like heaven. All our clothes dried and the large bathroom was heavenly. Staff were fab spoke great English and our meal was wonderful.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

We stayed here while walking the Camino. The staff spoke English well and were friendly enough. The room was quite large and comfortable. There is no air-conditioning and it did get quite hot in the room as it faces west. We opened the windows/shutters which got a nice cool breeze in throughout the evening, but since there are no screens on the windows a number of small bugs also came in (I recommend opening the windows when you have all the lights off so there's nothing to attract them). Despite the small bugs (from leading the windows open) the room and beds were clean.

I slept well but my husband woke up a few times due to vehicles driving by the open windows quite loudly. The mattress was also a bit soft for my taste.

The town was very pleasant to stay in and we woke in the morning to the running of the nearby river and hundreds of birds singing!

I would stay in this hotel again but I wish they had air conditioning for the hot afternoon.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple