“DO NOT EVER STAY HERE”

WoodSpring Suites Panama City
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Callaway
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

My daughter plays travel softball and we have stayed in many hotels. This was by far the worst experience ever! Upon check in hey "gave away" our double room we had reserved die to another guest stayed over. Their attempt to make it right was to offer us a comped night and put us in a single bed room with a blow up mattress. The only reason we agreed was because there was literally no reasonably priced hotels available within a 45 min drive. After offering us one night comp they did not honor the initial price. They over charged us and then deactivated our room key an attempt to force us to sign a new receipt that showed higher charges then the initial receipt we signed. I have never been to a hotel with such horrible customer service. My husband even spoke to the GM who was more concerned with losing out on $20 rather then that the employees deactivated our room key until we would agree to sign a new receipt with higher charges. Please take my advice and DO NOT stay here you will be miserable your whole trip!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Panama City, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

I'm very sorry to hear that our hotel did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your comments as we work to improve our guest experience. I hope you will consider staying with us again the next time your travels bring you to our area.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Not bad at all, It's an extended stay, and a good price. That said, if you are going to get upset about housekeeping once every two weeks, not read their policies, cause a ruccus, or show your rear to try and get something for free, stay elsewhere and pay double or more. Been here 3 months, with three more to go. Only problems have been people not using their heads, parking stupid or burning food and setting off the fire alarm. Good place, great staff, awesome price, and always friendly and accommodating! Last but not least, AMANDA IS AWESOME!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

We appreciate you taking time to share your comments with us about our staff. We consider them one of our most valuable assets and couldn’t function without them. We will share your comments with them in hopes of continuing to provide a positive experience for our future guests. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

The experience was so bad it's hard to know where to being. The exterior grounds look a little dingy that should have been the first indication. I attempted to check in two rooms. The front desk attendant tells me he needs driver's license information for all my guests and then tells up that all guests have to have a background check to stay at this filthy hotel. Only because everything else in town was book and we'd driven 9 hours did we stay. The facility feels like an institution not a hotel. The hallways and elevator smell dirty and smokey the floors never were cleaned in the 7 days we were there. My room smelled like sweaty feet and smoke. My children's room smelled like urine and smoke. There are no real house keeping services to include towels. So you have to literally go beg for towels which they count when you bring your dirty one's down. On one occasion we were given back dirty towels which I had to take back downstairs. I watched the front desk clerk pick hair out of the towels he was attempting to replace them with. We killed 3 spiders in our room. The faucets leak constantly. The microwave makes a horrible screeching noise. The toilets didn't flush unless you hold down the handle. We travel often and have never been more irritated. There's absolutely nothing good about staying here.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all guest feedback. We are disappointed and sorry that you had the experience you did. We want to assure you this is not representative of the service we expect to provide. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered. We hope that you give us another chance.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

Every hallways and my rooms smells like smoke. After the first night I work up feeling sick. The AC unit seemed to be blowing out damp air. The draws in the dresser and night stand aren't cleaned very well. The staff wasn't to polite. Over all was just a bad experience. Prepaid for a week after that decided to leave and find a new place to stay.
Unless you a heavy smoker and don't care about the comfort of sleeping and cleanliness then find aa new place to you'll be better off.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

We would like to apologize for any and all inconveniences you experienced during your recent stay with us. I will be sure to remind all staff to be attentive to issues and be sure they are resolved immediately. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

I traveled from Massachusetts in my power wheelchair and handicapped van. I am staying here while I look at condos with the thought of buying and relocating. I have a lovely wheelchair accessible room complete with kitchenette (ADA compliant) that is extremely comfortable. The unit is very clean, appears to be brand-new, and you are provided with virtually everything necessary. The staff is extremely helpful – they all are very pleasant and positive. I would highly recommend this facility. This time of year you can't afford the condos adjacent to the Gulf of Mexico. You can easily afford to stay here. There are restaurants, hairstylists, gas stations, and best of all, a Walmart right across the street. Very convenient!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank MargaretB672
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Panama City, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2017

WoodSpring Suites strives to provide guests with an environment they can enjoy, feel comfortable and want to return too. We are glad to hear we did that for you. We wish you well in your future travels and hope you will visit us again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Callaway
1.4 km away
13.1 km away
Sheraton Bay Point Resort
Sheraton Bay Point Resort
#5 of 48 in Panama City Beach

Been to WoodSpring Suites Panama City? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK