“Great place for families ”
Review of The Shrimp Boat

The Shrimp Boat
Ranked #7 of 323 Restaurants in Brandon
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We were a party of six - grandparents, parents, a 6 yr old and 2 yr old. Our entrees took a bit longer than expected which can be challenging with young children. My Coquille St Jacques was very good, my husband’s 16 oz prime rib was prepared perfectly and he really enjoyed it. My daughter thought her salmon a la meunière was wonderful. The tenderloin and shrimp my son-in-law ordered was good he said, but not great. The kids’ meals were fine too. Our server was competent and knowledgeable if not overly friendly. I would say he probably had had a long shift and wasn’t excited about a group with small kids. It’s a nice restaurant though and the menu has a lot of variety. I’d come back.

1  Thank bunnyyoop

Reviewed 2 April 2018

The food and service is great, they will go above and beyond to ensure you are happy with your order.

1  Thank sandramonty21
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I visit Fl often,mostly Orlando. The last few times we've ventured out other places. I was looking for really good shrimp or smoked fish in St. Petersburg, read reviews and x-ed them out. Found great ratings on Trip Advisor on Shrimp Boat. We came 30 mins before closing, navigation issues. We were pleasantly welcomed in although they was closing and cleaning. Very appreciative of that. Shrimps was huge and the real deal. Shrimp bites too. My husband hamburger looked huge too although I was pretty much distracted with being face dowm in shrimp. Hope to visit again. Thanks so much to the bartender lady that was so nice to us.

1  Thank Kenyetta T
Reviewed 4 March 2018

The food and service are the best. The garlic shrimp is to die for. So good. Highly recommend this for lunch or dinner. Portions are large.

1  Thank Betty H
Reviewed 3 March 2018

Went for dinner. On the weekends there will be a slight wait. Dimly lit, warm feel, and perfect for a first date but not too fancy so you can bring the whole family. The bar area is very small. We had the three course meal deal which included Lobster Bisque Soup which was delicious, Swordfish on a soupy bed of veggies. The swordfish was perfectly cooked but the flavor was ok. The soupy veggies were really tasty. My wife had Salmon (long french name) which was not on the three course deal. The presentation was odd because they covered it completely with spinach but the salmon was really good. For dessert we had the peanut butter pie which was enjoyable. The total for us two ran about $52 which explains why this place stays packed. They have a great selection of beers. We had several mixed drinks but the bartender is lacking skills so don't order anything fancy. We sent several drinks back because they weren't made right. So stick with the beer.

1  Thank MoverShakerUSA

Been to The Shrimp Boat? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK