“A Favorite of Ours”

Romano's Macaroni Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Romano's Macaroni Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #63 of 319 Restaurants in Brandon
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 March 2018

This is one of our favorite places to eat. Love the atmosphere and always plenty of left over food to take home. I always order the same thing, Chicken Scallopini and I always request extra lemon butter sauce. I have never been disappointed. Hubby likes the Mama's Trio but this visit he ordered the Classic Italian Bake. It came in a crock type ceramic pot and was filled to the brim with food. Italian sausage, meatballs, and rigatoni with creamy ricotta cheese. He said it was delicious and took half of it home. My only complaint is that it did take a while to receive our salads and we only took a couple of bites before our meals came. Timing off this visit and they weren't busy. I noticed that another review on here mentioned that the bread came in one big square without a knife to cut it with. Italian bread is to be torn into pieces and dipped into the peppercorn and olive oil on the table. I'm sure if she had requested a knife they would have provided one.

Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

We came in for an early birthday dinner. Half price wine on all bottles on Thursday were a definite attraction. The Louis Martini Cabernet at half price is a real bargain and treat.
My chicken Marsala was excellent with roasted garlic and potatoes. The sauce was exceptional. And as always their tiramisu is my favorite.

Unfortunately this review is not as good as it should be. The chicken piccata was so tough. We notified the server who took the dish back. He returned with the very SAME piece all sliced up and just as tough! What the hell was this chef was thinking????
Absolutely insulting! And unprofessional. Shameful!

Reviewed 18 December 2017

Stopped into this location for the first time and ordered lunch for 4 adults and two children.
We tried their luncheon special $2 Mimosa and $2 Bloody Mary.....both were okay, neither was anything special.
The Caesar salad was good, cold and crisp.
Around the table we had Fettuccine Alfredo, Chicken Marsala, Penne Rustica and Breakfast Americano.
The portions were quite large and everyone had plenty to eat, but none of us thought it was memorable in any way.
Emily, our server, was pleasant and efficient.
The atmosphere, with the open kitchen, was attractive and the restaurant was clean and inviting.
Don't know that I have been to a Macaroni Grill before, but my feeling was that if you have been to one, you have probably seen them all.
Perfectly fine, but not exciting.

Reviewed 2 December 2017

I have been to this restaurant several times in 2017 and have always had an enjoyable meal. The service people have always been friendly and capable. To summarize: Good food and good service equals a good restaurant, well worth a visit.

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

We returned to our preferred Brandon Macaroni only to be very disappointed this time. The pasta that came with our dishes was so spicy we could not have eaten it and didn't. What we tasted was so strong we got heart burn immediately, and I love spicy foods. Previously their pomodora sauces were very good.
On a slightly positive note the chicken parmigiana was quite good as well as their tiramisu. But that pasta destroyed a potentially nice dinner.
Not sure we will ever return.

Been to Romano's Macaroni Grill? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK