“Authentic Cantonese dim sum”
Review of Lee House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Lee House
Ranked #86 of 320 Restaurants in Brandon
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

My first try to a dim sum place in the near Tampa area. Was greeted in Cantonese by what appeared to be the owners… This is authentic Hong Kong dim sum. Dim sum is available anytime during opening hours (even evenings and weekdays). All dim sum is ordered via a menu, no cart pushing. They cook each dim sum to order so expect about 15-20 minutes for the first dish to come and the subsequent ones to trickle out as it is ready. The beauty to this is that everything is piping hot… And sharing via family-style would keep no one waiting. The dim sum was good and authentic tasting. Menu also offers other traditional Hong Kong dishes. Interested to come back and try these as well as the Vietnamese offerings. Unfortunately, when I was dining there, I was the only person in the house… Everybody else was doing a takeout. Unsure why this place is not more busy as the food certainly supports it. My waitress was friendly and checked back often. Will visit this place again.

Reviewed 6 October 2016

We went to Lee House because of good reviews. My husband ordered hot and sour soup-- if you like HOT, order it. I mentioned the heat factor to the waitress and she said that a lot of people said that, not as a compliment. The cook may want to tone it down a notch. I had the egg drop soup-so so flavor. I ordered Orange Beef minus the heat and my husband ordered the Orange Chicken combo with fried rice. The portions were Huge and we took 1/2 home. Both were good. The fried rice was sooo good! Our waitress seemed like she was new or just not organized---sweet but needs to check her tables more often. The place was full by 6:15 so go early. Prices were reasonable and portions very generous!

Reviewed 21 July 2016

A small restaurant off Brandon Blvd. just west of Kings Ave. ,is an extremely well hidden gem. The portions are huge, having enough left-overs for more than one meal. All of our food came out hot and fresh. We have never had a meal we didn't enjoy immensely. If you love either Tai or Chinese food, this is the restaurant to visit.

Reviewed 3 June 2016 via mobile

Went to Lee house for the first time and was amazed! Was not sure about it being in what looked like a little strip mall but what an amazing hidden gem! Great prices and my kids loved everything! Favorite dish was the dim sum steamed BBQ pork buns!

Reviewed 30 May 2016

Ordered take out Large orders are small and have more sauce than food but the egg rolls and the pork fried rice were very good. Tray of chicken wings were excellent and a great value.