All reviews beach cart beach towels rental unit island
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

My family stayed in the newly renovated stand alone cottage in June. From the moment I walked in I knew we were going to have a relaxing trip. The owner left a personalized note, welcoming us to "Island Getaway." He also checked on us several times during our visit. The new appliances and furniture are top of the line, and the location is even better...it's just a few steps across the street to the beach or a short walk away to terrific local restaurants.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Brett W
markanthony1958, Owner at Island Getaway, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2017

Thanks for the very nice review. Thanks for your mention of our premium appointments and most sought after location steps from beach and easy walk to all the best place the the island has to offer. We look forward to having you back as our guests!

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

From beginning to end Mark was so pleasant to work with, smooth process of booking, super nice in person, and extremely helpful, especially when we realized we left an item behind!
We stayed in the Family Tides unit which was tastefully decorated and had personal touches that make you feel at home. (Seriously, you won't want to leave!) Everything was clean, kitchen & bathroom were updated and look brand new, as well as pretty much everything else in there!
Would definitely recommend the Island Getaway, it has everything you need or want, location is perfect and the owners couldn't be nicer!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

Thanks for your exceptional review! I especially appreciate your mention of how clean, updated, and new everything is. We are always reinvesting in our beautiful vacation rental. We love reading when our guests notice this. Thanks also for your mention of our "perfect" location. We are situated on the most narrow and sought after part of island. Steps to beach on one side and steps to our bay front fishing dock on the other side. Easy walk to all the best island has to offer, just a few blocks away! Hope to have you back as our guests again!!

Reviewed 3 May 2017

I want to say a big Thank You to Mark from beginning to end throughout the booking process of this property. It was smooth sailing from the day I requested to book to the day we arrived. Excellent communication from Mark with detailed information on how to check in, check out, and full of other important information. I asked a lot of questions, and Mark always answered them promptly.

My wife and I stayed from 4/27 to 5/3 in unit 4. We just arrived back home 4 hours ago, and now I am writing this review because its all worth it. We were able to meet Mark's wife and son. Wonderful family. They were nearby in their own unit, and never intrusive. The unit has a courtyard which is shared by other unit renters. THE COURTYARD IS BEAUTIFUL. Mark did a really nice job with all the decors. We felt like we were in a nature private getaway due to the way the palm trees etc were set up in the courtyard. Very green and nature like. There were two grills, tables, chairs. grilling utensils etc. Just enough for everyone to enjoy themselves. My wife and I was able to grill out two meals while we were there. Even though the courtyard are shared with other units, every time we were in the courtyard to grill, or hangout, it was just us. Very private feel.

The kitchen is beautiful with nice appliances, quality granite counters, and great looking cabinets. All the cooking utensils are there with spices, virgin oil, pots, pans, and so on. My wife was able to cook us dinner for two of the nights there. The bed was very comfortable!! There are tvs in every room. The main living room has a 50" tv. Wifi works fast! I was mainly using wifi whenever I am in the unit. It has great range too because when I was in the courtyard, I was able to pick up the signal from there.

Other items like beach towels, bath towels, soap, shampoo etc were provided. Also, beach umbrellas, beach chairs, beach cart were provided as well for beach activities. The beach is right across the street from the unit. Basically the property is near the beach, local restaurants, and shops. Great location!! My wife and I love traveling, and honestly this property is one of the best we stayed at. Clean, quiet, comfortable, convenient.

I am very grateful to have find this rental, and can't thank Mark enough throughout the entire process. Thank you for opening up your doors for us. We greatly appreciated it! We will be back for sure! 5 Stars indeed!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EHodac

Thanks so much for the very thoughtful and well detailed review! I'm delighted that you enjoyed the private and natural of our courtyard. The unit you stayed in has a private screened patio area and your comments reflect exactly what we wanted to achieve.... "Very private feel", "BEAUTIFUL", "felt like we were in a nature private getaway due to the way the palm trees etc were set up". Thanks also for your mention of high high end appointments and all the little extras we offer. Our goal is to provide all the things we know are important to our guests. Even more delighted that you will be coming back. Over half of our guests return. This may be the highest guest return ratio on our island and, is the best compliment we could ask for.

Reviewed 15 November 2016

Wow ! What an upscale lovely unit# 5 at Island Getawa on 8th Street in Bradenton Beach Fl. We had the pleasure to call this place home for 7 nts.This is by far the best place on Bradenton Beach.All top of the line appliances,granite counter tops. Comfortable cream colored leather recliners plus one aqua and white accent chair with a matching soft throw blanket and a LG.flat screen tv. The perky colored king bedroom with a very good quality mattress.A Sunroom with a white wood table and two high back benches with cushions , also a sofa sleeper loveseat & lots of window and sunlight. Books & Puzzles provided too. The kitchen is supplied with seasonings,coffee,tea bags,even olive oil. perfect for a couple or two girlfriends for a getaway,with the Sunroom loveseat sleeper. Or a couple with one child.There is a free trolly that runs every 20 min.and goes all over the Bradenton Beach area and to St. Almond's Circle. We watched the sun set every night at the beach.What a wonderful vacation,all because of this wonderful location and lovely unit.Thank you Mark and Lilly for such a spectacular experience.Jayne Brown

Stayed: October 2016
Reviewed 31 May 2013

The previous review is very old, we are at apt 5# 107 8th st south bradenton beach,
the sign outside says island getaway, and it really is a get away from it all, peace and quiet in abundance.
I am not sure if all the condo's are all owned by the same people, but apartment no 5# is as described on vrbo 422770 web site + more.
Mark and his family are onsite and very friendly and accomadating, but also in the background but we know they are here if we need them.
There is everything you could need in this condo, even the things normally never thought of in a rented condo, : hairdryer, bathroom scales, beach towels, beach chairs, fishing rods, bicycles. the list is endless.

Thank you Mark for a wonderfull stay in paradise.

Jean & Steve Delbridge

Room Tip: all is good
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple