“The view was terrific”
Review of Gulf Drive Cafe

Gulf Drive Cafe
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 11 October 2017

We ate breakfast on the open air porch and it was just lovely. That being said we were disappointed on several levels. My whole grain toast was the type of bread that flattens even if it's dry. My sausage and provolone omelet was made with links cut in rather large pieces. The waitress mentioned fruit as being one of the choices with the omelet which led us to believe it would be included and cost us each $2.00 extra. When my husband visited the men's room the door would not shut or lock. As a result I would not recommend it to a friend.

1  Thank Brenda G

Reviewed 8 October 2017

Friendly staff, our waitress was exceptionally helpful. Great menu. Our table was almost on the beach and we got to enjoy the beautiful sunsets

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Stopped here to have some lunch on my birthday. Started with pretzel sticks with cheese, then the teriyaki chicken panini which were both great. Decided to treat myself to a slice of their Florida Orange cake and holy cow, SO GOOD! One of the best desserts I’ve ever had.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Really terrific location, right on the beach .. have a drink at the bar and watch the beautiful sunset, but don't make the mistake we did and order dinner there .. fish tacos skimpy, tortillas had hard spots all over (old, stale), not hot; cold, wimpy/cold french fries with the grouper sandwich, then to "make up" for the poor entrees, our servers provided two pieces of stale/hard cake .. so, just don't eat there!

2  Thank lilmcwc
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Gulf Drive Cafe has a great location. The variety on the menu is good. I decided to splurge and ordered a pound of crab legs for "market price" which was $35. That wouldn't have been so bad except for the following. First, they didn't give me a bowl or plate for my empty shells. Second, I had to ask for extra napkins twice. If you are serving unsplit crab legs, the least you can do is provide extra napkins. Then they don't have towelettes once you're done! Seriously? You charge $35 and no moist towelettes.

To add insult to injury, I had to move inside because I was seated at a table that had a broken screen in the middle of a rain shower. I was in the middle of my meal. Once they moved me inside I was literally didn't see my server again for 20 minutes.

Think people! Customer service should matter. No credit was given for my inconvenience either. Bad management or dumb employees. Or both.

Too bad, because hey have great potential.