“Florida Orange cake is to die for ”
Review of Gulf Drive Cafe

Gulf Drive Cafe
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Stopped here to have some lunch on my birthday. Started with pretzel sticks with cheese, then the teriyaki chicken panini which were both great. Decided to treat myself to a slice of their Florida Orange cake and holy cow, SO GOOD! One of the best desserts I’ve ever had.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Really terrific location, right on the beach .. have a drink at the bar and watch the beautiful sunset, but don't make the mistake we did and order dinner there .. fish tacos skimpy, tortillas had hard spots all over (old, stale), not hot; cold, wimpy/cold french fries with the grouper sandwich, then to "make up" for the poor entrees, our servers provided two pieces of stale/hard cake .. so, just don't eat there!

2  Thank lilmcwc
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Gulf Drive Cafe has a great location. The variety on the menu is good. I decided to splurge and ordered a pound of crab legs for "market price" which was $35. That wouldn't have been so bad except for the following. First, they didn't give me a bowl or plate for my empty shells. Second, I had to ask for extra napkins twice. If you are serving unsplit crab legs, the least you can do is provide extra napkins. Then they don't have towelettes once you're done! Seriously? You charge $35 and no moist towelettes.

To add insult to injury, I had to move inside because I was seated at a table that had a broken screen in the middle of a rain shower. I was in the middle of my meal. Once they moved me inside I was literally didn't see my server again for 20 minutes.

Think people! Customer service should matter. No credit was given for my inconvenience either. Bad management or dumb employees. Or both.

Too bad, because hey have great potential.

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Situated on Bradenton Beach, this restaurant has been extended to include a bar. The bar staff are attentive and friendly, which is a direct contradiction of other reviews submitted previously. I can only assume that the poor service referred to is directed at the staff in the restaurant area. We ate in the bar and had no reason to complain about the service we received. The food was good, if a little overpriced, in our opinion.

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Have had several great meals here. I don’t recommend the crab cakes although it’s difficult to find them just right on the island anywhere but I’m a bit spoiled by the real deal...Maryland Chesapeake Bay lump crab cakes. Everything else I’ve tried here has been great. The gulf view is the best you can get for meals on the island. Prices are reasonable and atmosphere is kid friendly. Staff is excellent. One of my must stops every trip at least once.