Open today: 9:30 AM - 8:00 PM
Dark but not gloomy

Reviewed 28 June 2018
Blondwine
Ocean Ridge, Florida
Wonderful way to spend some time

Reviewed 28 May 2018
Butterflyshay

All reviews bao neck therapist appointment session arms tank soothing
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I received a Bao gift certificate from a friend back in September and finally got around to using it. I called to make a reservation for 7pm. While on my way, I got a phone call from someone at Bao asking me if could come at 7:30, I said not a problem. When I arrived, I asked first if I could use the rest-room. I was taken by the hand into a very very very dark room. I was not informed the area was a nearly pitch dark room. So, I naturally froze but the woman kept pulling me towards the end of the room to where the bathroom was located. Waiting for me outside the bathroom door was my massage therapist and he lead me to a chair. Now, my eyes have not adjusted to the darkness, so he "guided me" to sit down, then took my handbag, had me remove my jacket, necklace and shoes and placed my feet in a tub of warm water. It was then I noticed that there were many people in the room...which I found to be strange. After I settled in, I began to relax and let the massage person do his thing. I had an hour combo, so there was a combo body and foot massage. He was very good and I left feeling like a wet-noodle...which for me is a good thing. There was some confusion to me wanting to give him a tip. It seems I was given a slip of paper with his name on it. I thought it was for me to keep. No. The tip was stapled to the slip of paper. Now, the massage was very good but heed my experience and be prepared an interesting encounter.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

They offer 30, 60, and 90 minute options for a great price. There are about 12 reclining beds in one large room - so not private - but it is dark and quiet with relaxing Zen music playing. This is not your normal massage where you get undressed, but rather massage your neck, shoulders, back and arms and then calf’s and feet - focus is on your feet. We come here often - best to make a reservation - and sometimes are better than others depending on the masseuse you are assigned but still always very good and relaxing. Sometimes too relaxing and you hear someone in the room start to snore!!! Make sure you bring some cash to leave a tip.

Reviewed 21 May 2018

This used to be a nice place to get a massage however the owner has become greedy to the point where she is hurting her customers. I signed up for a 1 hour massage for $43. As it turns out the guy giving me the massage went over by 1/2 hour and gave me 1 1/2 hours. I came out and the owner wanted to charge me for the 1 1/2 hours. I explained to her that I wasn't going to "check time" to make sure that her guy was only rubbing my back for 1 hour and that she should only charge me for the hour. SHE INSISTED that I pay the 1 1/2 hour. So I told her that IT WASN'T MY FAULT. Long story short, I paid the 1 1/2 price when she started to get angry. Never again will I let this place rip me off. . . their mistake, they shouldn't have charged PERIOD.

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

After a 30 minute massage of being poked with one finger the manager did nothing. Tried to come back again and use someone else and they made no accommodations. They do not value customers. It is like a factory in there. Never again!!!

Reviewed 3 May 2018

I have monthly visits to another massage location, but I wanted to try Bao specifically for the foot reflexology. After being a regular at another massage center, I was surprised to find that this was not a private room. There are maybe 12 stations in the room. That's 12 strangers getting a massage at the same time. Now it wasn't that bad. You stay fully clothed at this one (so wear short shorts and a tank top) and the room was very quiet, dark and peaceful. Once the massage starts, you kinda forget you are in a room full of strangers. The therapists are very good. It's more then just your feet too, they get your neck; back & arms. But they still pay more attention to your feet then most traditional massage places. The placed seemed clean and very organized. They have different workers doing different routine jobs to help the place run smoothly. the price is great! You can't beat it. Overall. it was a great experience - just prepare yourself ahead of time that it is not private and you get massaged in whatever you are wearing. - Definitely not a place for children. this place is super quiet.

1  Thank Alyssa E
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This is the only place I will come for a massage. It is the best money you will spend to feel good and relive stress. I normally don't make an appointment so I do have to wait sometimes on the weekends. I used to request certain therapists but I don't anymore because everyone is really good. I went last week and I have a broken toe so they just did a back massage rather then the reflexology and it was amazing!

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

I will start off by saying: Why didn’t I come here sooner?!?
You will find tranquility as soon as you walk in (darkened reception area that is well decorated with soothing meditation music playing in the background) but very limited seating. It was packed when we got there for our 4pm reservation.
They take you back to a very dark common are but your eyes quickly adjust.
Back and neck massage is top notch. Massage Envy could learn a thing or too from their techniques (I prefer a deep tissue and my masseuse NAILED IT) Mind you, my feet were soaking the entire time. I’d say 30 minutes were spent on my neck/back/arms and 30 minutes on my feet/calves. Mind-blowing hour massage for $33.00 plus tip!!!! This is not a special price. I will be coming here again!!!

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

It's best to call ahead and let them know exactly what you're looking for, they can make accommodations say if you have a migraine headache – they will do things differently for you.

If you have somebody specific that you don't want or somebody specific that you want – you can also request this. If you were looking for somebody that is really good at a specific thing, let them know.

I've been here a few times and most of the workers do not speak English, so that is another reason I like to call ahead and speak to someone who can explain whatever my situation is before the session begins as otherwise it gets a little frustrating.

One thing I do not like about this particular foods bomb is that they tend to want to give you a back massage portion as you were sitting up but you have absolutely nothing to lean on, and that really hurts my back. They give you a pillow to hold onto and that's it. Other Chinese foot spas have you flying down the entire time, which I much prefer. Although I do like the atmosphere here better than others that I have been to, the room is always very dark and quiet.

It is quite popular and especially on holidays like Mother's Day it will be booked solid, so definitely book your appointments in advance and let them know if you have any special desires or needs. For a little extra like $10 you can have your back worked on more, etc.

Overall the price is great and the experience has never been terrible. Some are better than others, I had one guy who pressed an area in my foot - a great Accu pressure point – and every ounce of anxiety left my body while he was holding in that spot. Happen again when he got to the other foot and put pressure on the same area. That was my first visit to this foot spa, and I thought it would be good overall experience but I've never had that happen again. So if you really like who you have, make sure you remember the name.

My husband went his first time and it was a really popular new guy working there who no longer works there – sadly. But he came home and explain the experience and was telling me how he was seeing colors.

Uh. Ok.

The guy who worked on him was that good and he was literally saying vivid colors even when he opened his eyes. He had never had that kind of experience before with anything or any kind of massage, and thought maybe it was just a foot spa thing that he didn't know existed.

Lol.

He see some muted colors with some of the other therapist, but never had the amazing experience again – just another reason to say if you really love someone's work, make sure you get that name!!

1  Thank TheWanderer305
Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

I live very close to this spa, and I wish I could find the time to go more often. They are very accommodating and easy to get in without having to make an appointment. They have great hours, also. It is so relaxing, and I feel amazing when I leave. They don't just massage your feet, they also do your neck/back and arms. And you definitely can't beat the price!!!!

Reviewed 5 January 2017

I love a good foot massage but the reflexologists at Bao foot spa go far and away beyond a typical pedicure massage. This place has a relaxing vibe as soon as you walk in the door. As I sat in the waiting room, a client waiting with us was so enamored of her experience there the previous day that she returned. Another client walked out of the massage area into the waiting room and immediately shared how wonderful her experience was. I was eager to try it out! First you get a back and neck and arm massage while you soak your footsies in a warm bath. The spa hands out little laminated cards so you can tap the card to let the reflexologist know if you want it lighter, harder, faster or slower. After the neck and back massage, you are gently laid back and covered with towels and the lower leg rub begins. Then reflexology portion is last and done very thoroughly. The client can choose a 30 minute, 60 minute or longer session. The 60 minute session includes the neck and back rub and is very affordable at around 33$. I had a fantastic experience and will be returning!

1  Thank PTS P