“Stayed for the weekend”

Courtyard by Marriott Boynton Beach
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Boynton Beach
Reviewed 23 August 2017

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The included breakfast was excellent. The customer service was excellent.
I enjoyed the location, as there were plenty of places to eat and a mall conveniently down the street, for any shopping needs.
The hotel itself was undergoing a renovation, and replacing all the beds with new ones.. which is always a nice site. I stayed one of the renovated rooms.
Front desk employees were very helpful and friendly.
I have stayed at this hotel before, and had great service, thus the reason I stayed again, and again, was not disappointed.
The only reason I gave it 4 stars was for 3 reasons.. A 4th reason was a problem, but the hotel staff professionally resolved it, thus not a reason for the 4 stars.
The first problem was I wanted to use the gym, and it was under renovation. I can not fault a hotel for that, and they stated they would reimburse me a days membership at a gym down the street. That was awesome and thus not a reason for the 4 stars.
The reasons that did not grant this hotel 5 stars are:
1. New rooms, new beds, but analog tv.. The reception was terrible on the tv and sometimes it would not even turn on. They should have also invested in some better televisions and cable service.
2. No matter how cold I set the thermostat on the wall, the room never got below 75 degrees and muggy.
3. The housekeepers left their vacuums in the hall all day/evening.. when not in use.. That is how they stored them.

Those 3 reasons are the cause of the 4 stars.

Room Tip: I am not sure
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

The best advice I can give is find a different hotel. None of the numerous e mails from this hotel mentioned the renovations going on... or the obnoxious paint fumes in the lobby making breakfast or dinner in the hotel impossible. Staff we friendly except the head of house keeping when I asked if there was a reason for my room not being serviced. Luckily I was on the third floor, the last night of my 4 night stay I found that my sliding door to the balcony had way of locking... no pin lock or latch...

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Patrick H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boynton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Thank you for taking some time to provide us with your feedback on your recent hotel stay. We are extremely sorry to hear that you were not able to enjoy your stay with us, especially breakfast. We most certainly appreciate your patience as we are coming to an end with the refurbishing of the hotel. We would love the opportunity to welcome you back to our renovated hotel in the near future and provide you with the service that you have come to expect and deserve.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

From the moment we called to inquire to the moment we checked out, we were given 5 star service. The rooms are clean and staff very friendly and helpful. They accommodated our small dog and our semi truck. Grounds are clean and area full of shops and restaurants all in walking distance. Beach 10 mins away by car, busline stop out front of hotel. Wr will be back again and again!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2017

Room was fine, clean and large enough for our family of three. Pool was a disappointment - not very clean, broken chairs to sit in at pool area. Front desk person disappeared with my license for over 5 minutes . Room had been prepaid so did not understand what was going on with license.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Patrick H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boynton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay here with us. We are sorry to hear about the chairs at the pool, we will replace any chairs that are not in new condition immediately. I will speak to the staff and review the situation with your identification at check in. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the very near future and thank you once again for your feedback.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

I called the local Boynton Beach Courtyard phone number to make my reservation as I wanted to take advantage of the so-called Pet Friendly offer. When they answered and asked "How may I direct you call" I said reservations. I then proceeded to make a two-night reservation which included my 9 pound, neutered (female) de-clawed cat which was $75 more. I had no problem with that. When I arrived at about 8PM they said "So you have your dog?" I said "No, my cat". They said "We only take dogs, not cats". I recounted my reservation story and they said I must have called the 800 number (I didn't) and they didn't know about what pets (dogs!) they accepted. So I was stuck without a room. They called around but only a Fairfield in Boca Raton would take a cat, but for $150!! We wound up staying with friends but I was very disappointed especially being a rewards member for over 15 years

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

We are sorry to hear about the pet friendly confusion during check in. We do only allow dogs 30lbs or under at this Courtyard with a non refundable fee of $75. We will make contact with all the booking channels to ensure that they are communicating the correct information to our guests about this policy. We surely can understand your frustration and apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your feedback and your loyalty with Marriott.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Boynton Beach
9.3 km away
Delray Beach Marriott
Delray Beach Marriott
#4 of 15 in Delray Beach

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Boynton Beach? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK