“Relaxation includes the dog”

Courtyard by Marriott Boynton Beach
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Boynton Beach
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

From the moment we called to inquire to the moment we checked out, we were given 5 star service. The rooms are clean and staff very friendly and helpful. They accommodated our small dog and our semi truck. Grounds are clean and area full of shops and restaurants all in walking distance. Beach 10 mins away by car, busline stop out front of hotel. Wr will be back again and again!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

Room was fine, clean and large enough for our family of three. Pool was a disappointment - not very clean, broken chairs to sit in at pool area. Front desk person disappeared with my license for over 5 minutes . Room had been prepaid so did not understand what was going on with license.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Patrick H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boynton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay here with us. We are sorry to hear about the chairs at the pool, we will replace any chairs that are not in new condition immediately. I will speak to the staff and review the situation with your identification at check in. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the very near future and thank you once again for your feedback.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

I called the local Boynton Beach Courtyard phone number to make my reservation as I wanted to take advantage of the so-called Pet Friendly offer. When they answered and asked "How may I direct you call" I said reservations. I then proceeded to make a two-night reservation which included my 9 pound, neutered (female) de-clawed cat which was $75 more. I had no problem with that. When I arrived at about 8PM they said "So you have your dog?" I said "No, my cat". They said "We only take dogs, not cats". I recounted my reservation story and they said I must have called the 800 number (I didn't) and they didn't know about what pets (dogs!) they accepted. So I was stuck without a room. They called around but only a Fairfield in Boca Raton would take a cat, but for $150!! We wound up staying with friends but I was very disappointed especially being a rewards member for over 15 years

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

We are sorry to hear about the pet friendly confusion during check in. We do only allow dogs 30lbs or under at this Courtyard with a non refundable fee of $75. We will make contact with all the booking channels to ensure that they are communicating the correct information to our guests about this policy. We surely can understand your frustration and apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your feedback and your loyalty with Marriott.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

The first day we arrived I reported 2 of the 4 business computers were not working and did not work the entire trip we were there. They were essential because their wifi was entirely inadequate, slow, and had no security. It needs to be updated and improved.

We stayed because of the pull out sofa. When at night we opened it, it did not have bedding, we called, and they dropped off some sheets. They did not offer to make up the pull out bed nor did they the entire week we were there. They didn't even bring a blanket.

And, the pull out sofa bed had HORRIBLE springs, that dig into you. What kind of
inferior junk furniture is that?

This is supposed to have a touch of class. Hardly. Will not return. I go to the area about every month, and we spent time scouting around where we would stay on our next trip.

Will NOT be returning.

Room Tip: Go someplace else if you need computer access or a pull out sofa/second bed.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2017

The hotel is clean, convenient and quiet. The staff are pleasant. The pool is well maintained, as is the rest of the property.
There are a couple of quiet places to sip a coffee and read the papers (USA Today & the WSJ, are free). The small lobby is busy and comfortable for reading or sipping.
In the lobby is a little Starbuck's which also has early evening hours.
Parking is free.
We booked the room for just a couple of nights, but extended our stay, and extended it again, as we were comfortable and it gave us another lunch with the friends we had gone to Boynton to see.

Among the hotel's best features is walking access to so many restaurants. Both sides of N. Congress St are lined with small strip-type lineups of stores and restaurants.
We recommend a place named (I think) Brooklyn Water Bagels. The place itself is nothing special, but the offerings are pretty good and it's a good place to enjoy your brunch - especially at one of the sidewalk tables.
There's also a restaurant named Sweet Tomatoes, that has a very long and varied salad (and other things) bar. Everything is fresh & crisp. For the single price (I think $11 or 12) the customer can eat all he wants - soups, drinks, some pastas and little slices of pizza and desserts. Obviously, this is also not a fancy place, but it's clean, the food is good (and plentiful) and the pleasant staff keeps it clean & fresh.
There are various other stores and eateries to keep a visitor occupied.

Del Ray Beach is just a few miles away, with all it and the town has to offer. Well worth the time and the drive, both for the beach and for the stores, galleries and restaurants there, some of them more upscale, along Atlantic Ave.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
9.3 km away
Delray Beach Marriott
Delray Beach Marriott
#3 of 15 in Delray Beach

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Boynton Beach? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK