“Friendly staff, enjoyable stay”

Residence Inn Boca Raton
Ranked #14 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Friendly staff, enjoyable stay”
Reviewed 10 January 2012

The Pros:
Love the pond with the egrets and herons.
The staff are helpful.
The 2 full bathrooms + 2 bedrooms was great with us and the mother-in-law in the upstairs room. Some of these Residence Inns have only 1 bathroom for a 2 bedroom so this was a plus.
The Cons:
The breakfast--you need to get there early if you want some basics like bananas, which they did not seem to have daily (even for an early bird).
Don't expect to get the exact room you asked for. We were meant to stay in the same building as our friends--even the night before I was told the room was being held for us, but the hold meant nothing because the people in the suite the night before decided to extend their stay beyond what they stated from the start. I can understand that, plus the distance between building is not necessarily so great--they put us fairly close to our friends' building so it was fine.
The suites are not attached by a hallway. That is something I'm fine with but did not expect.
I've read reviews concerning the noise of trucks on the highway, and neither us (in Suite 822) or our friends in Suite 1524 heard the trucks in the middle of the night. For one thing, the windows in the 2 bedroom suites don't open, so that's partly why the rooms are fairly soundproof from distant sounds.
I had lots of packages shipped there that I got a deal on Amazon for and as a Canadian resident, I wanted a US address to ship stuff to and they were very accomodating, holding packages for me, and calling me when new ones arrived.
I'd stay there again without a doubt.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pond--at the time, they were booked by Home Depot employees.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 January 2012

We chose this place because it was Christmas and we were visiting our daughter and wanted to make it as close to a home experience as possible. The first room...we walked in and smoke was everywhere with a carbon smell...reported it to front desk...they did not seem concerned...I told them it was serious and we had left the door open to air out the room. The second room...we moved in and I sat everything up (Christmas tree and all) but it was 80 degrees outside and the air conditioning did not work. The front desk gave us another room...third room was good...but I was disappointed in the service from the staff at this Marriott and the lack of people offering to help us...disappointed.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Dianne L
Florida
Reviewed 25 December 2011

We are huge fans of the Residence Inn line of hotels because we have twin 2-year olds and to keep our sanity, we need a tad bit more room. And as I put in the title, this was a decent Residence Inn and I would definitely stay here again if I needed to. We did the executive "two room" suite, with one of the suites being a loft. It was actually a pretty cool room with the stairwell. We put the kids in the bottom room and we took the loft. It had two bathrooms and a great kitchen area like all the rest. The reasons I'm not giving it a five are just a few ... first off the breakfast buffet was really one of the more average ones I've had at a Residence Inn. The "hot" food really wasn't cooked, like the red potatoes and the sausage hash, etc. Basically, some Residence Inns, we feel like we were just treated to a full-blown breakfast at a nice restaurant, but this one was pretty average. Not terrible, just average. A "three" out of five in my opinion. Also, for those of you hauling young kids and all the stuff you haul because of kids, keep in mind -- there are no elevators for the rooms on the second floor, the "one and two room" suites. This wouldn't be a problem for two adults just hauling one item apiece up the stairs, but for our load, it was a pain in the butt to do 3-4 loads with all the stuff you need for kids (their luggage, their pack-in-play cribs, their food, our stuff, and of course -- THEM). However, we DID know this ahead of time -- it wasn't a surprise or anything. And again, we really liked the room (once we blocked off the stairwell to the top so the kids wouldn't climb and fall). Sleep quality was outstanding for all of us. The two room suite was in the 150 range so that was OK, not amazing but OK. It's an older property, but again, a good solid stay. I put a "four" for location because it's a tad bit tricky to find the property right off of I-95, as it is buried in a business park.

Room Tip: We liked the executive "two room" suites with a loft -- the two floor rooms. Pretty cool.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank BFMcLaughlin
Florida
Reviewed 6 December 2011

It is conveniently located right off of I-95. Because the hotel is situated right off the highway, I strongly recommend asking for a unit near the lake if you want peace and quiet (as long as you dont mind the natural bird sanctuary that exists---the birds tend to be quite lively). The suite was clean and recently decorated. Nice flat screen televisions in every room. The kitchen has everything you need. It gave us ample room for our 100lbs dog and 2 year old. The staff is extremely courteous and helpful. The only real issue that we had was with the air conditioning. Because our suite was two levels, the AC worked tremendously well on the main level and in the loft it lacked. Plan accordingly.

Room Tip: Stay in a room facing the lake, it is much quieter.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank CP2001
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2011

I was a little concerned before we arrived, after reading comments on here about poor a/c and traffic noise, but these concerns proved to be unfounded.
We had a two bedroom suite in building one, which was very handy for the pool and the gatehouse. It was also newly renovated, with three excellent LG flat screen TVs.
The layout was typical Residence Inn with excellent kitchen and bath facilities. There were no issues with heat, and the building if far enough from the Interstate ramp that vehicle noise wasn't audible.
September appears to be a good time to visit Florida (hurricanes permitting), it wasn't at all busy and the temps were in the low 90s every day. The slight downside is that this is obviously the time they choose to do maintenance - the car park was resurfaced while we were there, causing minor disruption.
The breakfast was more than adequate - the only downside being that it was identical every day we were there. It isn't up to the standards of a full service Marriott, but then - for the rice, you don't expect it to be. The staff were a little slow replacing empty items, and it wasn't at all busy - not sure if it gets better at busy periods.
All in all, very happy with the stay, and would have no problem booking there again when we are next in Boca.

Room Tip: Ask for renovated suite away from Interstate.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family