All reviews front desk hot oatmeal tri rail station bedroom area make your own waffles free breakfast fresh fruit king suite nice stay west palm beach the breakfast area nice pool breakfast staff room was clean and comfortable easy access leigh microwave
Reviewed 21 February 2016

Stayed only 1 night. Location was very good for our trip. Room was clean, staff was friendly. Pool looked nice but didn't use it. Breakfast was good and the staff kept replenishing items quickly. Room was clean and comfortable.

Stayed: February 2016
Reviewed 18 February 2016

My husband and I stayed here for two nights. The unit is small and slightly awkward in layout, but serviceable. Bed was comfortable. Free wifi. Public areas are modern and clean. Room was also clean, but the air in the room was slightly muggy and damp feeling/smelling. We blasted the AC to try to remedy that.

Toiletry selection is sparse - teensy teensy bottle of shampoo and conditioner and a small bar of soap. Bring your own hair products if you want more than a tablespoon!

Breakfast was a pleasant surprise. Very good food and drink selection for this type of hotel. The employees were hustling and bustling around to keep things refilled and cleaned up. We ate outside by the pool which is easily accessed by the indoor dining area. One thing I didn't like is how much plastic and styrofoam is used at the breakfast area, however. Just mounds of waste pile up at breakfast. Everything is disposable. I would rather they use real plates and utensils in order to be more environmentally responsible.

Front desk help was friendly and pleasant.

I would stay here again if given the chance. It's not luxurious but it's a good spot for a few nights. I wouldn't recommend this for more than 2 people to the room, however. Rooms are very small.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2016

Something is terribly wrong with the A/C system in this hotel.

The stay was not a good one. The hotel smelled terrible. After telling the management about my concerns (the first room they gave me had an overpowering smell of cheap air freshener and the second of dirty sneakers), they took me to a third room that smelled and was in a loud, depressing hallway. Overall, the hotel itself is not up to par with other SpringHill Suites properties where I have stayed in the past.

I was also surprised by the flippant way my issue was handled... like my expectation of a room that didn't smell bad was a high one. It seems like a pretty basic request to me. They told me to blast the A/C to keep from smelling the damp smell. So I did and froze all night. The nightstand had stains on it -- maybe ink or something? The hotel was unkempt. The first floor stairwell was also used for storage. There were cardboard boxes, high chairs and random things thrown in. The place was just messy. Even the elevator was icky. Fortunately, I switched to a room at the Renaissance -- which was far much more expensive and far superior. This place. just looks like nobody cares. There were dirty fingerprints in the elevator, paint was sloppily applied. And when people are not paying attention to such details, it makes me wonder what goes on behind the scenes. There was no way I would have eaten breakfast in that hotel.

In addition, I requested to have my points returned because of the awful experience. I am in customer service myself and I feel it would have been the least I could do. But somehow, this became more about me and not the poor management. I am not sure how it is MY fault tha tno room in that hotel would have been acceptable given the A/C system and the lack of overall quality and value. The women at the front desk tried but they couldn't do everything. They also seemed very overwhelmed and stressed.

There you go - all those points and no satisfaction, Next time, I choose a different hotel from the start.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Naplesinlove
SpringHillSuitesBoca, Manager at SpringHill Suites Boca Raton, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2016

Dear Naplesinlove,

Thank you for taking the time for sharing your experience without Hotel. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.
You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience.
I would like to apologize for inconvenience you experienced Our goal is to ensure that we have met your expectations of our hotel and its services. I am sorry that we did not live up to that expectation. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

Best Regards,

Hope

Reviewed 9 February 2016

The hotel was very comfortable. The front desk was friendly and helpful. The location was convenient and a short drive to restaurants, parks, and beaches. The breakfast was fine with juice, eggs, fresh fruit, bagels, etc. There was a refrigerator in the room, and free WIFI. It was definitely nicer than I expected.

Room Tip: Was told about a commuter train nearby. They said you need to call a day before you arrive to request a quieter room.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2016

The bed was comfortable, the room was quiet, the hotel was clean. I did not like the toilet seat being open in the front, it was uncomfortable and we had to jiggle the toilet handle sometimes to make the toilet stop running, however it flushed well once we got it to stop running. We were only there two nights so we did not make a fuss. I think I told the front desk about it when we left, originally when we got in the room I called to the desk that it was running but then I jiggled it and it stopped so I told them never mind. I liked this hotel but the uncomfortable toilet seat made me glad I was only staying two nights. I never thought I would dislike a toilet seat so much.

Anyhow now on to better topics. The breakfast was very good. It had a variety of foods (the usual things found at hotels that give breakfast but a little on the higher quality end), They gave chocolate chips for the oatmeal or the waffles, I forget which but I used the chocolate chips for both. They only had apples, and a nice fruit medley, I did not see any bananas but maybe I missed the bananas. They had an assortment of cereal boxes to choose from. The scrambled eggs tasted fine much better then the Fairfield Inn I had stayed at in Orlando. We did not get to use the pool this visit because the weather was bad. This hotel is better to stay at with a car because it is easier to get around, however there are places to walk to, we walked from the tri rail station but make sure you cross at the light down the street, it makes crossing safer and easier because it is a main busy street. The Embassy suites I believe offers a shuttle around the area, this hotel does not. We would have walked to some restaurants that are near by but the weather did not coorperate all of the time. We walked to the Embassy suites restaurant that is across the way and has good food at reasonable prices. This restaurant of course is not on the hotels local restaurant list. We definitely would stay here again. Check in was easy, the people were nice and they give cookies in the evening. I found the cookies by accident when I went to the lobby to check the weather, another guest was waiting for them to come out and the desk people went to check and got us some. Very nice of them. They were delicious. I could not tell you what time they come out because I did not look at the time. Make sure you ask at the desk when you check in if you like cookies. Also they have lollypops at the front desk. I guess they are for children but I ate a few of them. They are also very good. The rooms are spacious in some areas and small in others. When you walk in there is a nice sitting desk area, then in the bedroom area, there is only a bed and in front of it a TV placed in a good position on the wall. Beyond the wall is the bathroom. The closet is also in this area, and the closet gives enough room for a few nights stay. Some people might consider the bedroom area small but it is fine for sleeping in and has good access to the bathroom and if you need more room just go into the desk area in front and there is another TV, a little refrigerator and a microwave. Would have liked to have had a safe but for some reason fewer and fewer hotels are providing this in the room. The front desk did provide a safe deposit box if you needed it. I would stay here again if all my favorite places with better toilet seats were not available. Altogether it is a very nice hotel,

Room Tip: We asked to be on side away from the tri rail, I do not know if this made a difference or not.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple