“try the saganaki”

Rafina Greek Taverna
Reserve with OpenTable
Rafina Greek Taverna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #83 of 832 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Reviewed 21 October 2015

have eaten here five times and everything has been tasty. our favorites are the lollipop wings, tzatziki, pastitsio, lemon potatoes, and the saganaki is worth your time as long as you like fried cheese that's on the salty side. the bifteki and village salad are also nice. gyros no problem. dessert is fine.

the manager kelsey (sp?) and servers are always friendly. surprisingly unfriendly are the owner(s)--normally i wouldn't assume it's the owners but i've seen the same people huddled together at a table with papers and files so they're affiliated in some way. no hello, no goodbye, zero acknowledgement...not used to that at greek restaurants. it has also been warm in the dining area each time we've been.

bottom line i can count on good food and greek wine at rafina but i also expect to sweat a little and play invisible patron to certain folks. the happy hour is a good way to order a few of the popular dishes.

1  Thank lala_312
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 17 October 2015

Very attractive decor and reasonably spacious, one might have hoped for a good ambience. Sadly, the acoustics are so bad that the level of noide and hubbub is painful.

Service was organised and keen.

The biggest problem was the food. At least three of our four main courses were very poor, verging on terrible. From the inedible beef kabob to the overcooked chicken to the poorly prepared lamb chops, this was a meal to forget.

Overall, the place is rated as Poor

2  Thank David G
Reviewed 14 October 2015

I like greek food l like lots of it and I want good tasting food at a reasonable price and that is the secret to success in the restaurant buis. I promise you Rafina comes in first place with that wish list. My favourite has always been Greek Islands in Ft. Lauderdale but this place opened a couple of months ago and the food and ambience is hard to beat. Take a table outside and your sitting right at the water. Inside is just as nice if you need the air. \We came the first time a party of 6 and no regrets from anyone. The chicken melted in your mouth as well as the lambchops but one of the favourites there is the sauted vegetables. To die for as well as a nice helping of roasted potatos to go with it. Second time around was as good if not better than the first and tonight we are going back once more all this in the last 2 weeks. As you can tell by my previous post I am critical but fair, but in this instance I would give Rafina 6 stars if I could. If you live in Boca no need to travel for good food to Lauderdale its available right here in West Boca. Yasoo to Rafina

1  Thank shakenotstirred
Reviewed 13 October 2015

This was the second time we ate here. After the first time, I was anxious to go back and sample a dish that someone else had ordered. I think the Greek salad is very good, and not so big that it spoils your appetite. I really liked the chicken kabobs. The classic Greek "trio" of moussaka, etc was presented nicely. There were lots of good options for the vegetarians in our group, and they have a very interesting selection of Greek wines. The outdoor deck overlooks a lake and is lovely, the interior is very nice as well.

1  Thank Susan S
Reviewed 13 October 2015 via mobile

I took my Mom here for her 60th Birthday ! We arrived early and had the place to ourselves. The waitress , Carmen, was excellent ! The food was delicious. I feel that for the amount of food you get the prices are right. The view was wonderful also . I will be back.

1  Thank Binaboo