“Contrived ”

Cuisines: South American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

If you dig the hipster scene this place is for you. For the rest of us...not so much. The walls drip with contrived irony and snark... tv was playing bad sci fi movies from the 60s. Service was mediocre at best. Also, they don't have half the beers on the menu. I gave up after my 3rd pick and let the waiter choose for me. They have a limited food menu, but it's edible.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

This is what a perfect neighborhood pub that serves tons of craft beer brands and fantastic food looks like.

There is very limited seating and I would guess only 6-8 tables and perhaps 10 spots at the bar so be warned that there may not be room for you and you may have to wait, but rest assured, the wait will be worth it.

I loved the Roasted Bone marrow appetizer ($9.50) and it was the best I have every had.

The Bourbon BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich $11) with a side of Mac and cheese was also incredibly tasty and was fantastic in every which way.

The bacon chocolate cookie ($4) was an excellent way to finish a fantastic dining experience and is an interesting dessert.

I really loved the service, style, and the vibe of this place and here is what the owner has to say on the home page of their website:

Some facts about us:
We're not trying to be something we're not.
We stick solely to doing what we believe in.
We're learning and teaching every day.
We're respectful of the craft, be it new school or old.
We support small business and true artistry.
We serve beers we like regardless of who made them or where they're from.
We believe no beer is good or bad, one likes it or doesn't.
We love our food.
We take pride in making our food from scratch.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Sybarite Pig is a small, rustic, unassuming gastropub tucked away in a strip mall, but their beer and food merit nothing but the highest accolades. Although the menu is not large and expansive, the offerings were creative and intriguing. I started with the mildly spicy Thai Fried Chicken Skins topped with Asian Slaw and peanuts. I followed this with beer braised mussels with chorizo and a side of fries. My wife had Shrimp Tacos, filled with a shrimp and rice mixture, which was different but extremely delicious, and we shared a side of Mac and Cheese. There were ten craft draft beers on tap, plus a huge selection of bottled beers, I decided on the draft Pilsner. There is only one dessert on the menu, but it is not to be missed, a Bacon Chocolate Chip cookie served on top of vanilla ice cream. Service was excellent, food was great, the beer was great, what more could you ask for?

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

So many great beers. I had Weihenstephaner(bottle) beer. Loved it. Light. I had the hot dog (sausage) homemade pickles, bread & slaw. Wasn't disappointed.
Pleasantly surprised. I'd go back again. Loved it.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

Looked this place up on yelp when searching for foodie dinner options and it did not disappoint. Although located in a strip mall, once inside it felt like a hipster neighborhood bar that delivered on the 'craft beer, craft grub' advertised. We started off with the marrow bone (delicious, I only wish there was more than one bone since we were sharing), charcuterie (the chicken liver parfait was the standout followed closely by the duck prosciutto and tasso ham) and spicy chicken skins (the thai flavoring was a nice touch but I could have done without the peanut halves. crushed may have worked better here). My friend indulged in the breakfast burger (hearty and worth every bite) with a side of the house mac and cheese (reminded her of her mother's). We finished off with the bacon chocolate cookie (couldn't resist) and I was pleased that the flavors balanced so nicely. the fresh baked cookie had pieces of bacon that were hearty but not too salty. that way you actually got a bite of bacon with the modestly sweet chocolate cookie with the vanilla ice cream to round out the texture. Would definitely recommend for the foodie in you!