“Better than Expected”

Add it.
Hunan City
Ranked #395 of 860 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Reviewed 28 July 2016

I read a few reviews on a Yelp page and was a bit concerned. But, after eating, I can attest that the food from this small take-out restaurant was much better than expected. I ordered the combo dinner of Double Delight ( chicken and shrimp with vegetables) and the flavor, ingredients, and texture was great. The wonton soup was tasty with bits of chives, meat along with the wonton which was perfectly rolled and filled. Could they improve the fried rice? Sure, but it was much better than a couple of other area take-out places.

We will be adding Hunan City to our approved take-out list.

Reviewed 23 September 2015

Bad pork fried rice, tasted old....boneless ribs full of grizzle and not tender.....never again. Heard good things but this was bad.

Reviewed 17 August 2015

Chinese food is different not only by region in China, but also by region in the US. Boston Chinese food has brown sauce, the "clear sauce" served in most Florida Chinese restaurants is off-putting to a Bostonian. If you ask at the time of your order, you can get the brown sauce that makes Chinese food comfort food in Boston. You can customize your order too, ask them to eliminate baby corn, or add extra bok choy, they always are happy to accommodate.

That said, the food is very fresh and hot. Its ready in under 20 minutes to pick up. They have many combo plates, their egg rolls and spring rolls are delicious as are their boneless ribs.Their hot and sour soup is great, I just add some vinegar to bring it to the sourness point I enjoy. I'm not a fan of eggdrop soup, but the wontons in it are great. Hmmm, I'll have to ask for wontons in my hot and sour next time.

I've had a variety of main dishes and they were all delish. Fried rice is yummy. Servings are plentiful.

There's nothing better than Chinese leftovers, but its tough to stop eating to save those leftovers because Hunan City's food is comfort food to this Boston native.

Easy to find, next to the Doris' in the Lakewood Plaza in West Boca. Not too far from 441. Strictly take out.

Reviewed 19 December 2014 via mobile

I love the takeout from Hunan City, always fresh and full of flavour, I always go for the Mongolian Beef, yum! The prices are also very reasonable!

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I like my lo mein with extra chicken, no problem! We have been ordering here for over ten years and never a bad meal. Great food and good value.

1  Thank lunachief